New paper from drs christiano & Higgins - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wow good to know that Christiano is involved in commercialization of something, she easily in the top 10 of hairloss researchers with her amount of work
    let's hope she also think to benefit from the japan regenerative medecine law though

I do not know why I feel that the cure is not coming, do not get me wrong guys but it is difficult to believe that we will get somethings that will create new follicles and we can get our hair back. I hope am wrong though

I understand your feeling, but in fact they already create new follicles (US army, Sung jan Lin, Terskish, Ohyama, Amagai, Lauster, Fujiwara and others), the waiting game before human testing is more because of safety and because they have to build protocols and technologies that are less and less expensive, less time consuming, automated the things etc etc to make the protocol commercializable. and it's exactly what is going on in Japan's different protagonists or even with Terskish ( safety studies and protocol improvement for large human scale)

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    I understand your feeling, but in fact they already create new follicles (US army, Sung jan Lin, Terskish, Ohyama, Amagai, Lauster, Fujiwara and others), the waiting game before human testing is more because of safety and because they have to build protocols and technologies that are less and less expensive, less time consuming, automated the things etc etc to make the protocol commercializable. and it's exactly what is going on in Japan's different protagonists or even with Terskish ( safety studies and protocol improvement for large human scale)
    Technically this is correct, but it's still a bit of a misnomer, no? I mean they still are unable to create cosmetically viable follicles. At the end of the day, vellus hairs or growth on non-human subjects was always going to be the first step, but there are still a number of hurdles to overcome before thick, terminal hairs can be engineered to grow in a natural cycle, in the correct direction and of the same color. So yes, it's a matter of making commercialization economically feasible, but the science is still a major question mark as well I believe.

Yes I agree with you that there are still science questions but maybe not as much as what you describe. As i remember morphologically correct hiar follicle, terminal hair, DNA correct, natural cycling, color, are things described and achieved by at least the US army researchers, and takashi tsuji. Maybe terskish and Ohyama too now.Also sung jan lin studies work on those different aspects. I think it's not really far for these hurdles to be overcomed if not yet