+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by D8n View Post
    Hi Starsalign,

I was in the same position as you last year and we are the same age. I went to a number on consultations with many of the clinics you mentioned and eventually had a procedure 5 1/2 months ago. Im just in the stage of waiting for it to grow now.

Although I didn't have a procedure with the clinics you mentioned, I did find Ziering fairly helpful. I'm no expert like Joe, but to me Mr Balls work on here looks really good. Have a look through Im sure you'll find a lot of the results he's achieved.
    Thanks D8n, I'd be interested in hearing more about your experience. Who did you with in the end and how's the healing process going?

I ended up going with a company called Vinci, they have clinics in London but I went to Malaga as a couple of friends have had procedures with that particular clinic and had really good results.

The healing process is great I had FUT and after only 5 months my scar is a fine pink line. Its the waiting for the hair to grow part that is hard! Im a glass half empty kind of guy when it comes to this sort of thing, because I want to avoid disappointment. I don't think Ill believe it until I see the hair at its maximum potential i.e. 12 months +.

Are you taking meds etc at the min?

Do you have any before and after pics? Sounds like it's going well!

I'm not on melds. I did use minoxidil for a while but that was ages ago. I just use toppik concealer now.

I'm hanging fire for the minute with pictures until I see the full result. Providing all goes well then ill do a full write up.

Is there any reason why you haven't bothered with Meds? A hair transplant is only really advisable with meds to maintain what you currently have.

I was a bit of by meds, if it's propecia you're referring too?

I tried using rogain for a while but got no results from it. However, if it's recommended to take meds before hand I will. I hear there are some side effects with the pills (something about sex drive, not being able to ejeculate or something) is this true and are they permenant?

Also, would I need my GP to prescribe me something or can I just pick it from boots like Rogain?