X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsalign
    • Sep 2015

Hello from West Yorkshire

Hi,

I'm a 29 year old male from West Yorkshire. I've had thinning hair since 2009 and I must say it's literally a dark cloud hanging over my head

I've eventually gone through some councelling to help with my self confidence which has taken a bit of a beating (for various other reasons) and now I'm almost back on track.

The only thing thats really stopping me from fulfilling my potential is just my hair now. I currently use topikk concealer which is great and after doing quiet a lot of research on this forum and other sites I'm now seriously considering a HT.

I've just requested a consultation with Zeiring clinic and I'm also considering speaking with the Crown Clinic in Manchester. Any thoughts on these two would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks
  • JayM
    • Apr 2015

Have you thought about going outside of the u.k? The prices here are such a deal breaker for me especially. And out of the rest of Europe I would say there are better surgeons for cheaper prices.

Comment

• ejj
      • Dec 2010

Head to Belgium, easy on eurostar, or flights daily.
      I would go to Brussells for a day and schedule a consult with BHR, Mwamba, Feriduni get some sound advice and go from there.
      Hope this helps

ej

Comment

• JoeTillman
        • Jul 2014

I've just requested a consultation with Zeiring clinic and I'm also considering speaking with the Crown Clinic in Manchester. Any thoughts on these two would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks
        In my experienced opinion you have a few options but in the UK there are very few. Based on photos alone Dr. Ball at Ziering is one to consider for consultation. His work certainly looks good but you should meet actual patients before you make any decisions. Outside of the UK and a short journey away is Dr. Lupanzula in Brussels, a man that I personally know and think very highly of (I do some work with him as well). The other Belgium doctors are also worth speaking with.
        Joe Tillman
        The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
        See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• starsalign
          • Sep 2015

Thanks. I was also thinking of getting a consultation at Crown Clinic and Farjo.

Never really considered going abroad.

Comment

• Paget
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by JoeTillman
            In my experienced opinion you have a few options but in the UK there are very few. Based on photos alone Dr. Ball at Ziering is one to consider for consultation. His work certainly looks good but you should meet actual patients before you make any decisions. Outside of the UK and a short journey away is Dr. Lupanzula in Brussels, a man that I personally know and think very highly of (I do some work with him as well). The other Belgium doctors are also worth speaking with.
            Hi Joe
            Who are the surgeons in the UK you would say are best in what they do and will give an honest opinion rather than except you for thier own gains (money) and then you may not no what the result maybe. I have looked at Turkey but following your experience as you have mentioned on The Bald Truth weekly show it has made me think again. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• JoeTillman
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Paget
              Hi Joe
              Who are the surgeons in the UK you would say are best in what they do and will give an honest opinion rather than except you for thier own gains (money) and then you may not no what the result maybe. I have looked at Turkey but following your experience as you have mentioned on The Bald Truth weekly show it has made me think again. Thanks in advance.
              It is difficult for me to say which doctor is the best in the UK. I really like Dr. Ball's work and while I did get to meet the man last month I have not seen his results in person nor have I ever met any of his patients. He does appear to be above board from my own observations and from what I hear through my connections but my advice is to go see the man yourself to make your own judgements. Ask him tough questions like those found on my downloadable Hair Transplant Patient Toolkit. Same goes for any doctor you are considering which should at least be part of the IAHRS. Start with that list then go from there. Meet patients, visit the clinic, ask to watch surgery if possible.
              Joe Tillman

Comment

• JoeTillman
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Paget
                Hi Joe
                Regarding Turkey, I'm glad my information made you think twice but keep in mind that you won't experience that type of scenario with an IAHRS doctor in Turkey. The "hair mill" production line does not exist like what I described with the few better clinics in the country. In fact, if you can make your way down to London this weekend you can meet Dr. Karadeniz and myself as he'll be in town for consultations. With Dr. Karadeniz you are the only patient of the day and he performs the procedure himself. He scores and extracts all FUE grafts. Technicians place grafts only after he has already made incisions.
                Joe Tillman

Comment

• Paget
                  • Oct 2015

Hi Joe
                  Thanks for the update
                  I have just seen your post on Dr Emre Karadeniz in London this weekend. Where will this be in London? I have another commitment at moment but might be able to change but not sure. If not is he one of the best in Turkey? Also someone mentioned me that Dr Koray Erdogan was one of the best in world FUE Treatment due to his precision in the extraction and method of incisions. I know this has been said on here many times but it is such a big decision choosing the right Doctor also to travel abroad from your own country and we all want to make the right decision first time around. Welcome your answers, many thanks.

Comment

• D8n
                    • Aug 2014

Hi Starsalign,

I was in the same position as you last year and we are the same age. I went to a number on consultations with many of the clinics you mentioned and eventually had a procedure 5 1/2 months ago. Im just in the stage of waiting for it to grow now.

Although I didn't have a procedure with the clinics you mentioned, I did find Ziering fairly helpful. I'm no expert like Joe, but to me Mr Balls work on here looks really good. Have a look through Im sure you'll find a lot of the results he's achieved.

Comment

• starsalign
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by D8n
                      Hi Starsalign,

I was in the same position as you last year and we are the same age. I went to a number on consultations with many of the clinics you mentioned and eventually had a procedure 5 1/2 months ago. Im just in the stage of waiting for it to grow now.

Although I didn't have a procedure with the clinics you mentioned, I did find Ziering fairly helpful. I'm no expert like Joe, but to me Mr Balls work on here looks really good. Have a look through Im sure you'll find a lot of the results he's achieved.
                      Thanks D8n, I'd be interested in hearing more about your experience. Who did you with in the end and how's the healing process going?

Comment

• D8n
                        • Aug 2014

I ended up going with a company called Vinci, they have clinics in London but I went to Malaga as a couple of friends have had procedures with that particular clinic and had really good results.

The healing process is great I had FUT and after only 5 months my scar is a fine pink line. Its the waiting for the hair to grow part that is hard! Im a glass half empty kind of guy when it comes to this sort of thing, because I want to avoid disappointment. I don't think Ill believe it until I see the hair at its maximum potential i.e. 12 months +.

Are you taking meds etc at the min?

Comment

• starsalign
                          • Sep 2015

Do you have any before and after pics? Sounds like it's going well!

I'm not on melds. I did use minoxidil for a while but that was ages ago. I just use toppik concealer now.

Comment

• D8n
                            • Aug 2014

I'm hanging fire for the minute with pictures until I see the full result. Providing all goes well then ill do a full write up.

Is there any reason why you haven't bothered with Meds? A hair transplant is only really advisable with meds to maintain what you currently have.

Comment

• starsalign
                              • Sep 2015

I was a bit of by meds, if it's propecia you're referring too?

I tried using rogain for a while but got no results from it. However, if it's recommended to take meds before hand I will. I hear there are some side effects with the pills (something about sex drive, not being able to ejeculate or something) is this true and are they permenant?

Also, would I need my GP to prescribe me something or can I just pick it from boots like Rogain?

Comment

Working...