+ Reply to Thread

Default CONS of using Topical Fibers (Caboki, Toppik, etc)

Hello there, fellas !!

So..I've been using Caboki for a month or so, and I've been pretty satisfied with it's results, but lately I've been reading some comments saying that these fibers can stop hair follicles from breathing... does anyone know if such a thing is true?

I usually apply it every other day, meaning that when I don't apply it, I usually don't wash my hair that day / sleep with the fibers on my head.

I'm just kinda scared that it could inhibit my hair follicles from breathing, therefore making me go balder as time goes by... Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for commenting, and have a great day !

I'm pretty sure hair follicles and other human organs get their oxygen from blood, so I don't see how topical fibers would block oxygen.

Yeah, I don't think this could cause any physiological issue to the hair follicle... the only con I see is what happens when people see you without it, or it rains hard, or your sweat too hard???

It usually fails at doing it's job when such thing happens... Unless your hair is 'bulky'?

@Mpbman, that's what I thought...It doesn't make much sense...but if u search on google, there are many reviews saying that using topical fibers for an extended period of time would lead to an accelaration of ur mpb ... I just hope this is all fake, cause I usually try to preserve the fibers on my head for like 2 days, just to make sure that I don't have to buy a bottle every single month..

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Caboki is my favorite concealer. Of course, Toppik is great too.

Vunoo you have no worries in using these products. Its safe.

I just saw this Amazon review of Caboki ,check it out all.

http://www.amazon.com/Caboki-Hair-Lo...ews/B00JIV463E

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Caboki is my favorite concealer. Of course, Toppik is great too.

Vunoo you have no worries in using these products. Its safe.

I just saw this Amazon review of Caboki ,check it out all.

http://www.amazon.com/Caboki-Hair-Lo...ews/B00JIV463E
    Hey Artista, yeah I already saw that review. And one of the points that scared me a bit was this one:

2. I would urge you not to sleep with Caboki in your head; in fact, don't use it for more than 10 hours. This thing will not allow air to reach your existing follicles and kill them, making you "more balder".

Although it's hard to believe because, like Mpbman said, our hair follicles get all the nutrients they need from blood...

Idk what to believe right now xP Just hoping that it's 100% safe to have in ur head for more than a day

Hello Buddy, as a former user of hair fibers for 4 years, I think the main disadvantage of using hair fibers is that once you started using it it makes you very dependent of it. and knowing that the effectiveness of hair fibers depends on the remaining hair,after you lost a great amount of hair in the future, you are just left with a head with more fibers than actual hair that will look real awful and obvious.I suggest you to ditch the fiber and start considering other options instead.

Quote Originally Posted by thethinningman View Post
    Hello Buddy, as a former user of hair fibers for 4 years, I think the main disadvantage of using hair fibers is that once you started using it it makes you very dependent of it. and knowing that the effectiveness of hair fibers depends on the remaining hair,after you lost a great amount of hair in the future, you are just left with a head with more fibers than actual hair that will look real awful and obvious.I suggest you to ditch the fiber and start considering other options instead.
    Thanks for your answer, mate!

Yes, that is true. I'm already dependent to it. But the truth is..I really don't mind, as long as it doesn't affect my hair loss, since I've been using it, I've been much more confident, and my girl friends do look at me in a different way, or at least it seems like it.

It's like I'm living a fake dream, and I don't want to wake up :')