+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default The rockstar/hobo diet

I, and many others, have noticed that rockstars and hobos for some reason seem to have unusually thick and beautiful hair.

I have even found myself whishing I could trade places with some hobos with awesome hair. "You might be living in box but at least you look good doing it"

What could be behind this phenomenon? The way I see it there are 2 possible answers.

1. Alcohol - Both rockstars and hobos tend to drink above average amounts of alcohol. Maybe the estrogen protects their follicles.

2. Calorie restriction - both rockstars and hobos tend to go long periods without food. Rockstars because of hectic scheduels and drugs and hobos because of drugs and lack of money. The evidence for the benefits of intermitten fasting is piling up and it also makes sense that our bodies are adapted for an IF lifestyle since that is the way we evolved over hundreds of thousands of years.

An interesting thing that happens when you fast is that your levels of HGH (human growth hormones) sky rocket. After 24 hours they peak at 2000 %. There is also alot of anecdotal evidence from people (body builders for example) taking synthetic HGH that is grows hair like crazy.

What do you guys think? Could elevated levels of HGH as a consequence from intermitten fasting be the reason hobos and rockstars have great hair?

Maybe the combination of IF and alcohol (estrogen) is even better?

Rockstars - probably wigs

I'll be damned man but I kind of noticed that too with the homeless population here. a lot of them really do have great hair lol. I really doubt that there maybe a connection.
    just thought it was kind of funny that I have also wanted to trade places with them because of the hair situation!

Bald homeless people wear bobble hats.

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    I'll be damned man but I kind of noticed that too with the homeless population here. a lot of them really do have great hair lol. I really doubt that there maybe a connection.
    just thought it was kind of funny that I have also wanted to trade places with them because of the hair situation!
    Why do you doubt there is a connection? I don't see this phenomenon in other groups of society.

Instinctively you would think hobos had MORE baldness than the regular guy since they usually can't be bothered with propecia, rogaine, hair transplants, healthy eating etc. Instead it's the opposite.

Anybody care to comment on the science behind this theory? I HGH the key?

High levels of alcohol will suppress testosterone levels over time resulting in lower DHT to bind to the hair follicles. The same can also be said for chronic stress and calorie suppression.

I've noticed the same thing regarding hobos, a lot of them have great hair and considering their hygiene is usually sub-par. Just goes to prove AGA is a generic thing and has nothing to do with environment.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    I've noticed the same thing regarding hobos, a lot of them have great hair and considering their hygiene is usually sub-par. Just goes to prove AGA is a generic thing and has nothing to do with environment.
    What do you mean? Hobos thick hair is an indication that environment is very important. Ofcourse baldness is genetical but if the hobo/rockstar observation is correct it means that diet can greatly protect against baldness.

Being a hobo is not genetical.

lol this thread brings some much appreciated levity to a forum that seems to get increasingly depressing.

It has nothing to do with 'cutting edge' treatments and is barely a supported anecdotal observation and yet is awesome nonetheless.

"Being a hobo is not genetical." Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    lol this thread brings some much appreciated levity to a forum that seems to get increasingly depressing.

It has nothing to do with 'cutting edge' treatments and is barely a supported anecdotal observation and yet is awesome nonetheless.

"Being a hobo is not genetical." Lmao
    LOL! Glad you are enjoying the thread

But seriously, I think the connection between hair, intermitten fasting and HGH is interesting.

HGH is up regulated by 2000% after 24 hours of fasting. And it's called Human GROWTH hormone for a reason.