+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Ok, here's something even less scientific. I am aware of that so keep your stones in your pocket.

I was curious to see some hairlines of people following a hunter gatherer eating pattern. So I googled "old Kalahari bushmen".

I did see one picture of a bald guy. But the rest had hairlines like an 8 year old.

Just found it a little interesting.

At least, i think there's no relation between drinking alcohol and hair loss

My father drinks a lot, he was NW7 at the age of 25, lol

You know I noticed a lot of capricorns meaning people born december through january happen to have really good hair. Maybe the month your born has some protective effect on your hair? I just notice that a lot so it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    You know I noticed a lot of capricorns meaning people born december through january happen to have really good hair. Maybe the month your born has some protective effect on your hair? I just notice that a lot so it could be.
    First of all, you didn't notice that. Secondly, do you have no scientific curiosity? This is how progress is made. You noticed things, create a theory, and then test that theory using the scientific method. Frankly I've never noticed it, but it's not stupid for the OP to make an observation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    First of all, you didn't notice that. Secondly, do you have no scientific curiosity? This is how progress is made. You noticed things, create a theory, and then test that theory using the scientific method. Frankly I've never noticed it, but it's not stupid for the OP to make an observation like this.
    Maybe I did notice it. My observation has as much scientific evidence as his observation that is almost none. I understand the scientific method but throwing out the theory piece is the low hanging fruit backing it up with evidence is much harder. Unless I missed the studies/evidence in this thread I fail to see the distinction between my observation and his or why his is anymore credible. Use your scientific method and prove it to me and we will maybe see some progress you mentioned. So far I see the theory but where are the test results?

Scientist have uncovered 55 deseases correlating with the season you were born in.

Joke all you want. But just because your brain can only think up to a certain boundry doesn't mean that other peoples ideas are wrong.

"In fact, one study by a leading manufacturer of men's wigs in Japan,
    the Anderans Co. Ltd, found that baldness and thinning hair has
    skyrocketed with the increasing popularity of Western fatty foods like
    hamburgers and fries. Anderans found that the percentage of balding
    men increased almost 200% in less than 20 years, from 6.2 million
    men in 1987 (8.1%) to 11.4 million men just 17 years later.
    Bottom line: Your genes are not the whole story when it comes to male
    pattern baldness. What you eat and how you live may contribute to
    baldness as much as genetics."

I'm not allowed to link here so just google the quote if you want to read more.

I've been to Japan. Some observations:

- People are slim.
    - They have great hair.
    - They are not big on sugar. Not even in candy. Japanese candy and snacks are often in the shape of salty crackers, seaweed and fish. In fact almost no meals include much sugar. No yoghurt, chocolate, juice or marmelade for breakfast.
    - Portions are much smaller. A pizza is half the size of a western pizza.

They eat fewer calories, stay slimmer, have great hair and live longer than anybody else.

m
    Unless I missed the studies/evidence in this thread I fail to see the distinction between my observation and his or why his is anymore credible. Use your scientific method and prove it to me and we will maybe see some progress you mentioned. So far I see the theory but where are the test results?
    First of all LOTS of people have made the same observation as me. Is that true for your capricorn theory?

Second, I suggested a possible explenation, namely intermitten fasting. An eating protocol that the human body is evolutionary adjusted for. The proven health benefits of intermitten fasting are increasing every year. I have also shown that there seems to be a strong correlation between diet and balding. I have also shown that IF increases the production of human growth hormone with up to 2000 percent. What is your hypothesis for capricorns?

Third. I'm not a baldness scientist. I don't have the means to compare large groups of hobos with baldies. It would however be interesting to see a study on intermitten fasting and hair growth. But the fact that no research regardin this connection has been conducted doesn't mean that there is no connection.

I don't know for sure if there is a connection between eating habits and protection against baldness. But it seems to me that alot of factors point to it.

Ahhh...the question of lifestyle factors and their influence on MPB...

Interestingly, Native Americans in the contemporary U.S. have very low rates of MPB. I wonder, is it a consequence of their healthier diets and lifestyles? A side effect of diabetes medications, perhaps? Should we all move to reservations?

I'm also curious about the lack of MPB among the Yanomamo of South America. Anthropologists describe them as heavy smokers and users of hallucinogenic drugs. Perhaps the tobacco lobby had it right after all. Of course, a diet rich in plaintains may have something to with it, and those constant intervillage wars mentioned by researchers might be good stress-busters.

Also wondering why there is so much pattern baldness among stump-tailed macaques. Could the foraging in the rainforest lifestyle be just too stressful? Could daily exercise in the trees along with a diet of organic fruits, vegetables, and proteins be the cause of hair loss? Maybe the tourists are just feeding them too much junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Ahhh...the question of lifestyle factors and their influence on MPB...

Interestingly, Native Americans in the contemporary U.S. have very low rates of MPB. I wonder, is it a consequence of their healthier diets and lifestyles? A side effect of diabetes medications, perhaps? Should we all move to reservations?
    Just because native americans lack the genes for baldness it doesn't mean environmental factors have no effect on people with those genes.

You think lung cancer is strictly genetical and smoking has no effect one way or the other?