+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

We should just get shit faced every day and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Taayi umean yoush hood gitshitfaced evryday annd cee if that wurks kkk lemie know dood

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetmonkey View Post
    What do you mean? Hobos thick hair is an indication that environment is very important. Ofcourse baldness is genetical but if the hobo/rockstar observation is correct it means that diet can greatly protect against baldness.

Being a hobo is not genetical.
    Lol... I know

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    I get shit faced every weekend, still losing it.

Granted this is unscientific and anecdotal, but the percentage of homeless people with very thick heads of hair is truly remarkable. I personally am not buying into the rockstar part (you can add movie stars as well) as there's too much actual hair loss (check Keith Richards, whose lifetime drug/alcohol intake and lack of eating must be as significant as anyone's and his hair is thinning now (although there's certainly no shame in that at his age)) and too much money being spent on transplants/very high-end wigs etc. (see Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, etc.).

But with the homeless element, one other aspect I'd add to the conversation: What if it has something to do with how much sun they get? I know there haven't been any direct links between lack of Vitamin D and hair loss, but some forms of Vitamin D have been shown to have something to do with hair growth. I'd also add the following category for consideration in this discussion: West Coast surfers and skateboarders, who get lots of sun year round. We are now at the point where there are a lot of 40+ year old skaters, and I swear it seems like over 95% of them have extremely thick heads of hair. If it's anything it can't be just the regular exercise, as plenty of world class athletes have thinning hair.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Granted this is unscientific and anecdotal, but the percentage of homeless people with very thick heads of hair is truly remarkable. I personally am not buying into the rockstar part (you can add movie stars as well) as there's too much actual hair loss (check Keith Richards, whose lifetime drug/alcohol intake and lack of eating must be as significant as anyone's and his hair is thinning now (although there's certainly no shame in that at his age)) and too much money being spent on transplants/very high-end wigs etc. (see Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, etc.).

But with the homeless element, one other aspect I'd add to the conversation: What if it has something to do with how much sun they get? I know there haven't been any direct links between lack of Vitamin D and hair loss, but some forms of Vitamin D have been shown to have something to do with hair growth. I'd also add the following category for consideration in this discussion: West Coast surfers and skateboarders, who get lots of sun year round. We are now at the point where there are a lot of 40+ year old skaters, and I swear it seems like over 95% of them have extremely thick heads of hair. If it's anything it can't be just the regular exercise, as plenty of world class athletes have thinning hair.
    Keith Richards is 36 years older than me and still has more hair than me. And look at the rest of The Rolling Stones, I would swap hair with any of them in a heart beat.

They say that baldness affects 70 percent of men. There is no way this is true for rockstars or hobos.

I think you are making a misstake in dragging movie stars into this. First of all the movie industry is not synonymous with drug use and unhealthy living in the same way as the rock star life style is. Movie stars tend to eat super healthy and even have dietists helping them out.

The key here I believe is the the intermitten fasting that comes with both the hobo and rock star lifestyle.

From an evolutionary perspective IF makes perfect sense. This is the way we live for hundreds of thousands of years and it is what our bodies are adapted for. We NEVER had access to food 24/7 the way we do now. No fridges, no supermarkets. Going days without a steady meal is the norm throughout history.

Hobos can go a long time without eating, rock stars likewise. You don't even have to be a meth head or anything. I saw a documentary about Beyonce, she didn't eat for 24 hours just because she was so busy. My point is that it's easy to skip meals when you are caught up in that hectic lifestyle, and if you are also doing appetite supressing drugs it's even easier to go long periods without eating.

Seriously, it's really hard to think of a bald rock star. But I can name hundreds with great hair. There is no way 70 percent of them are bald.

Sunshine, like you say, might also play a part with the hobos. I think people up here in northern Europe where I live tend to be more bald than mediteranean people for example. We stay indoor most of the year and its really dark.

Maybe hobos have a perfect storm going with alcohol for supressing testosterone and HGH and vitamin D for upregulating hair growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetmonkey View Post
    Keith Richards is 36 years older than me and still has more hair than me. And look at the rest of The Rolling Stones, I would swap hair with any of them in a heart beat.

They say that baldness affects 70 percent of men. There is no way this is true for rockstars or hobos.

I think you are making a misstake in dragging movie stars into this. First of all the movie industry is not synonymous with drug use and unhealthy living in the same way as the rock star life style is. Movie stars tend to eat super healthy and even have dietists helping them out.

The key here I believe is the the intermitten fasting that comes with both the hobo and rock star lifestyle.

From an evolutionary perspective IF makes perfect sense. This is the way we live for hundreds of thousands of years and it is what our bodies are adapted for. We NEVER had access to food 24/7 the way we do now. No fridges, no supermarkets. Going days without a steady meal is the norm throughout history.

Hobos can go a long time without eating, rock stars likewise. You don't even have to be a meth head or anything. I saw a documentary about Beyonce, she didn't eat for 24 hours just because she was so busy. My point is that it's easy to skip meals when you are caught up in that hectic lifestyle, and if you are also doing appetite supressing drugs it's even easier to go long periods without eating.

Seriously, it's really hard to think of a bald rock star. But I can name hundreds with great hair. There is no way 70 percent of them are bald.

Sunshine, like you say, might also play a part with the hobos. I think people up here in northern Europe where I live tend to be more bald than mediteranean people for example. We stay indoor most of the year and its really dark.

Maybe hobos have a perfect storm going with alcohol for supressing testosterone and HGH and vitamin D for upregulating hair growth.
    Your point is well made. But again, I do think there's a lot of hair work going on with the ultra-rich of the rock star world, but you are right, there's no way that 70% of the rock stars you see are bald. Here are a few though: Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel (who looks very good bald), Richard Thompson, the one guy from Radiohead, the one guy from Oasis. Damon Albarn was losing hair but then it stopped and magically grew back thicker than ever (nice trick, not sure how you do that). I'm not sure all of the other guys in the Rolling Stones have real hair (although Charlie's going thin, right?). Ever see Mick Jagger's father?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/..._470x352,0.jpg

Dear VelvetMonkey,

I wonder if I could please ask for your help.

I used regaine foam 5% three times 2 weeks ago but I stupidly used it with coconut oil .

I feel I have aged 5-10 years & I feel extremely depressed .

I understand that you have had a similar experience .
    Did your skin get any better ?
    Is there anything that I can do to make my skin better - it feels very dry & tight.
    Is it possible to send you a personal message or give you a quick phone call please ?

I am new to this forum & I'm sorry that this is the wrong thread . I just hoped to get your advice please ?

Anthony

Regarding hobo's having good hair often, maybe it's more of a 'correlation is not necessarily causation' kind of thing. IDK either, but I do agree it is pretty weird I don't see that many bald (NW5+) hobo's.

Anyway, wtf is this doing in the cutting edge section?

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Your point is well made. But again, I do think there's a lot of hair work going on with the ultra-rich of the rock star world, but you are right, there's no way that 70% of the rock stars you see are bald. Here are a few though: Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel (who looks very good bald), Richard Thompson, the one guy from Radiohead, the one guy from Oasis. Damon Albarn was losing hair but then it stopped and magically grew back thicker than ever (nice trick, not sure how you do that). I'm not sure all of the other guys in the Rolling Stones have real hair (although Charlie's going thin, right?). Ever see Mick Jagger's father?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/..._470x352,0.jpg
    Interesting to see Jaggers bald dad. Sure there is rockstars that have had work done. But many of them have been going strong hair wise since long before good quality hair transplants were available. And of course being a rockstar doesn't necessarily mean you live the lifestyle with poor eating habits full on. Phil Collins and the guy from Oasis were basically bald before they even got into rock n roll by the way.

Interestingly I can't think of that many obese rockstars either. They are usually pretty slim. Another indication that they eat less than the average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony2015 View Post
    Dear VelvetMonkey,

I wonder if I could please ask for your help.

I used regaine foam 5% three times 2 weeks ago but I stupidly used it with coconut oil .

I feel I have aged 5-10 years & I feel extremely depressed .

I understand that you have had a similar experience .
    Did your skin get any better ?
    Is there anything that I can do to make my skin better - it feels very dry & tight.
    Is it possible to send you a personal message or give you a quick phone call please ?

I am new to this forum & I'm sorry that this is the wrong thread . I just hoped to get your advice please ?

Anthony
    Hey Anthony,

I doubt 3 applications of Rogaine made you age 10 years. But if you want to look younger read up on emu oil, retinol, retin-a and that stuff. Good luck!