FUT w/ Dr. Ron Shapiro - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Doctor Representative Janna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    157

    Default FUT w/ Dr. Ron Shapiro

    Hi,

    This patient had his first session in 2003 and then another in 2005 for total of 4418 fu's/9573 hairs.

    We separate our grafts into four piles for each individual size grafts. Our blades are then custom cut to fit the corresponding size graft so that the incisions are proper size. Generally, the follicular units are grouped in either 1, 2, 3, or 4 hairs. We keep the intact fu's as they occur in nature as much as possible.

    Our average session sizes are 2500-3500 grafts in one session. We've gone higher if patient's donor characteristics meets our criteria and their hairloss is significant enough to make it appropriate.

    2003 session:

    1's - 361

    2's- 1221

    3's - 667

    4's - 91 --------Total 2340gr/5168 hairs

    2005 session:

    1's - 469

    2's- 1111

    3's - 362

    4's - 42

    Double's 92 --------------Total 2076gr/4405 hairs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.JPG

Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	29   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2.JPG

Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	30   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide3.JPG

Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	31   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide4.JPG

Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	32   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide5.JPG

Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	33  
    Hi, I'm the Head Tech and Surgical Manager for Shapiro Medical Group. janna@shapiromedical.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member PayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    606

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Janna View Post
    Hi,

    This patient had his first session in 2003 and then another in 2005 for total of 4418 fu's/9573 hairs.

    We separate our grafts into four piles for each individual size grafts. Our blades are then custom cut to fit the corresponding size graft so that the incisions are proper size. Generally, the follicular units are grouped in either 1, 2, 3, or 4 hairs. We keep the intact fu's as they occur in nature as much as possible.

    Our average session sizes are 2500-3500 grafts in one session. We've gone higher if patient's donor characteristics meets our criteria and their hairloss is significant enough to make it appropriate.

    2003 session:

    1's - 361

    2's- 1221

    3's - 667

    4's - 91 --------Total 2340gr/5168 hairs

    2005 session:

    1's - 469

    2's- 1111

    3's - 362

    4's - 42

    Double's 92 --------------Total 2076gr/4405 hairs

    WOW! That's amazing! Do people really care about how many 1 hair grafts etc. were used in a hair transplant? I think this result speaks for itself. When I purchase a Sony television I'm not concerned about how it was put together, I buy it because it has a great picture.

    I'm very impressed. This give me a lot of hope.

  3. #3
    Member Laserhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    WOW! That's amazing! Do people really care about how many 1 hair grafts etc. were used in a hair transplant? I think this result speaks for itself. When I purchase a Sony television I'm not concerned about how it was put together, I buy it because it has a great picture.

    I'm very impressed. This give me a lot of hope.
    I second that, who cares about the details of the surgery? I just want to see the outcome. This guy must be very happy with his hair. I know I would be.

  4. #4
    Administrator SpencerKobren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    404

    Thumbs up Nice Job!

    Hi Janna,

    Thanks for posting this case. This patient must be thrilled! More hair loss sufferers need to know what can be accomplished if they are the right candidate for surgical hair restoration. This type of work is truly life changing!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

    I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

  5. #5
    Senior Member bigmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Great result Janna.
    Very natural looking,no one would ever know he had a hair transplant.
    Nice clear pictures.
    Thanks bm.

  6. #6
    Dr Representative Spex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Great work as always!

  7. #7
    Doctor Representative Janna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Thanks guys for the comments.

    I would say half the patients researching like getting as much surgery details as possible while the other half aren't bothered about it. When you start seeing results from many clinics, you'll like getting details.
    Hi, I'm the Head Tech and Surgical Manager for Shapiro Medical Group. janna@shapiromedical.com

  8. #8
    Member Laserhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    75

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Janna View Post
    Thanks guys for the comments.

    I would say half the patients researching like getting as much surgery details as possible while the other half aren't bothered about it. When you start seeing results from many clinics, you'll like getting details.
    Put me in the category of who gives a you know what I just want to like what I see in the mirror.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    96

    Default

    This is somewhat an older thread but also one must put things into context

    It appears you get great results if you have a bit of native hair left. My concern and always has been is we are all different with different donors and densities and hair texture contrast

    For alot of younger guys its very hard to determine what will happen in the future and I wonder how many have great results now but in ten years if they progress through the norwood scale how many will be greatly scarred (mentally aswell as physically) from this procedure. Therefore expectation is paramount based on the individual and his or her genetic history

    I know this was posted showing what is possible but I do also think alot of guys with great insecurities go into surgery without true realisations that they do not have this guys hair or family history of not being over a NW4 (assumption). Everyone therefore needs to go in for a personal consult and to see real life results based on their types of hair type if possible. I am of Chinese origin so looking at Jotronic is hardly a good comparrison for me for what is possible.

    If you have hair that you manage to hold onto for a long time and a norwood 4 then transplants can get you great results. If you keep progressing even on medication after your transplant you could be in a whole lot of trouble... I know the importance to preserve donor for later procedures but if you go into the high norwood scales there will not be enough donor (unless you have huge density) to cover your balding crown and what not... And remembering that even though you had 6000 donor left over time as we age this naturally can deplete so you may have 6000 when you are 30 but when you hit 40 you might have 5000 left

    I am not trying to be a downer I am trying to put things into real perspective here and I do not believe alot of younger patients fully understand worse case scenarios... How many times have I heard people say they are pinning their hopes on Histogen.... Dangerous

    If I progress to a norwood 6 I do not have 10k in grafts to spread over my head that is a huge issue

  10. #10
    Doctor Representative tdhair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    200

    Default

    what a change! i think people tend to over emphasize the use of single hair grafts - this is always critical in creating the hairline edge but keeping the two's and three's in tact is important in optimizing yield and it can really lend itself to density which is on display in the case..nice presentation Janna*
    Patient Services Director for True & Dorin
    www.truedorin.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Help with repair
Yesterday 11:36 AM
Last Post By jbwj2016
Today 04:24 PM
PharmacyDirectGB Legit?
10-17-2018 12:21 PM
by RA94
Last Post By Spex
Today 01:43 PM
rather choose too dark or too bright hair?
12-16-2017 01:42 PM
Last Post By Lulupenny
Today 12:59 PM
custom vs stock hair system
06-22-2018 05:06 AM
Last Post By grincher
Today 08:49 AM
Propecia and having Kids
09-12-2018 04:46 AM
by Spex
Last Post By Spex
Today 08:30 AM