+ Reply to Thread

Default Quiting minox/rogaine right as dread shed starts

I used rogaine foam(5%) for about 10 days, and began to notice hair falling out (previously no shedding that I was aware of). Hair continues to fall out to a great extent - 50 plus in the shower and any time I wipe my hands through my hair. I have been off rogaine now for some time. How long will it take for this shed to stop entirely after I've quit using the product? Once I start the process of "shedding" do I just have to wait it out till it's finished - on or off minoxidil?! Please help!

Default Anyone else wit during the initial shed?!

Anyone at all?!?

I've no experience with rogaine as I've not used it, but from what I've read on here, the shed is a sign that is working and it does pass within a few weeks to a few months. Sorry I can't offer any better advice, good luck man

You should've continued the treatment. All you can do is wait it out, what else can you do?
    The minoxidil can cause premature ejection of telogen phase hair so maybe ~10% of your hair could fall out, probably less.
    How long have you been off the minoxidil?

I have been off for 5 weeks. It's lessened from the 100 or so per shower, but it's still dramatically noticeable. Some people have stated it could last 100 days?!?

There is no way I can mentally go another 50 or so days with my hair falling out like this. Has anyone else had this experience before?!?

I don't use minoxidil but I've had the finasteride shed that lasted 2-3 months and at the peak I was shedding >300 hair/day, best thing you can do is not think about it (stop counting it), it will stop and you will only lose a small percentage that will regrow anyway, stronger if you kept on the treatment.
    A shed hair is not a hair that is lost it's just making room a for a new one to grow, it just hair going through its cycles.

Note that if your hair is miniaturizing the hairs have a shorter life-cycle and so drop out with a greater frequency giving rise to the shedding that is observed with MPB.

It's normal to lose 50-150 hairs/day anyway, most people don't notice it until they get paranoid about losing it.

I used Minoxidil, at first I was told by a well known Hair company it would increase shedding, and it did..... but was also told because I was not bald (I had a bald patch) and that I still had hair follicles, I would see full covering, not thick, but full coverage and did I see better results, no, anyway I continued for quite a while with no results based on what I was told 16 months. Anyway, I stopped in July 2015 which is 3 months ago and the shedding is decreasing.... My advice, I don't know if anything works so make the best of what you have. What other option do we have. basically it didn't work for me...

I've been on Rogaine for 11 months I've been through 2 sheddings after the sixth month I had a second shedding I was depressed but I stook with it check my profile pic you judge