+ Reply to Thread

Default Had to make this post eventually.

Hello everyone. I want to introduce myself and share my story.

I first noticed my hair thinning about a year ago. I was 20 years old at that time and just thought it was due to stress in the summer job I had during that time. Later it turned out that it was more serious than that. My hair at sides started falling out and currently I'm at NW3 or NW4.

My hairline was never great so its not that noticeable so if I kept what I currently have I'd be happy. I'm not doing anything to stop it though.

So yeah.. About a week ago I went to a hairdresser and was pretty shocked. I thought only sides were thinning but the whole top of my scalp looked as if its thinning badly. That's why I decided that I finally need to take action.

I read a lot about MPB, causes of it, prevention methods and so on, and finally decided to try out finasteride. I got 30 pills 5mg each at my local pharmacy. Talked my way out of a prescription heh.

Although I am scared to take the pills I think I'll do it... In general I'm somewhat prone to depression and I'm afraid that if I lose my hair I might get into a huge rut. So I HAVE to take action.

I will also either buy nizoral shampoo or order regenepure from US and pay a shitload for shipping... Haven't decided yet.

Terribly sorry for this awful introduction. I know its all over the place. I didn't even say all the things that I wanted but this is long enough...

I also have a few questions:

1. I bought finasteride teva but I think it is generic fin. Has anyone used this type of fin before? It's the only one that I was able to buy.

2. I am thinking of starting with 1/4th of a pill (1.25mg) every other day and then moving to every day. Is this a good way to do it?

3. How do I go about splitting the pills into 1/4ths? I asked at the pharmacy and they didnt have a splitter. What is more, on the package it says that finasteride shouldn't be split. Is it really okay to split them?

4. Is fin + nizoral/regenepure enough to stop/slow down my hairloss? I am not expecting new hairs and I'd be fine with what I have.

5. I haven't visited a dermatologist but I don't really want to do it because online I havent found any dermatologists that specialize in MPB in my country (east europe) and I'm afraid I might just be wasting money if I do so. I could buy 1 year worth of fin for that price. Should I visit one anyway? Is there any points? I really doubt I'll hear anything new that I already haven't read and I don't need dermatologists help to buy fin.

I saw a Derm and it felt like a waste of time. He just briefly looked at my scalp and recommended Fin and rogaine.

You need to first of all go see a doctor. then he can prescribe the right drugs and best practice