+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How many grafts/How feasible of a hair transplant would this be?

As you can see my hairline has receded a fair bit and it is getting near impossible to accomplish the hairstyles I like. I have always had a large forehead so I like to have my hair a medium length. The corners of my hairline are too sparse now for this style to look good.

Here is how things look currently:

http://www.imgur.com/LxbeHv5

I have been on finasteride for about four years and am now 25. I will say that my hairline has not changed too much in that period as things have mostly stabilized.

How many grafts would it take to accomplish something like this and do you think my hairloss is minimal enough that this is a feasible idea:

http://www.imgur.com/NBR46vS

I am getting to the point where my confidence barely exists. I haven't had a girlfriend in six years because I don't feel comfortable with how I look. I think doing this would greatly improve my quality of life. With that said though, I want to make sure that my hair loss is not drastic enough that I am making a bad choice.

Bad choice

Congrats on the finasteride. That was a good move and I wish I had started that earlier. Your hairline looks a bit more mature than 25 but you do not need a transplant at this point. You should be beaming with confidence man. Go out, smile, get a girl or better yet several. You are not bald! Give it at least 5 years and then think about it. I got plenty of female attention with that same hairline.

JSmyth, you have fantastic hair!

Many of us would kill for your hair, believe me. As the previous poster said - good thing you are on propecia - hope you will keep the hair you have in the following years, decades..

Think about it this way - if bald men are having girlfriends and having sex, maybe your hair isn't the problem (could be you confidence).

As others have said stay on finasteride. Your hair is a little receeded but at this stage in the game I think you will regret having harsh donor hair put in the hairline at even 60 to 70% of your original density if you are lucky. Going through a transplant is a major rollercoaster. And the outcome will not be a simple fix as you think. Your hair looks great BTW im sure with a little creative styling you will be good.

Go look at some transplants in person and some close up HD pictures not the same as nature intended. Especially have a look at some of the female transplants you can see there soft natural hairline and then after the transplant you see obvious harsh donor hair at lower densities. Thats why in a lot of the after pictures the girls dont pull there right back as before the proceedure!

Not having a girlfriend in 6 years has nothing to do with your hair. Your hair is fantastic!

You're just limiting yourself here. No one prevents you from pursuing women, but I guess you haven't even given it a shot?

Also, you're not a candidate for a hair transplant and no surgeon in his right mind would accept to operate on you.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Not having a girlfriend in 6 years has nothing to do with your hair. Your hair is fantastic!

You're just limiting yourself here. No one prevents you from pursuing women, but I guess you haven't even given it a shot?

Also, you're not a candidate for a hair transplant and no surgeon in his right mind would accept to operate on you.
    Exactly... however, be careful, because there ARE butchers out there that will do it for you. DO NOT DO IT.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I won't rush into anything and will wait. Thanks for the help.

u look perfectly fine. leave it alone. I can assure ur lack of a gf has absolutely NOTHING to do with ur hair. ppl spend $20-30k to get hair life u currently have. snap out of it and live ur life.....

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

You need to do nothing as of right now. You should adopt another hair style until you are more aware of the extent of your future hair loss. If you were 5 years older, 800 grafts might be sufficient.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux