+ Reply to Thread

Default Giving Indomethacin another try, need info

Im about to order some Indomethacin and give it another go around. To date, this has been the only product that almost stopped 100% of my hair loss.

The two problems I had with it was there was a bad itch that accompanied it, and also my hair didn't seem to grow and looked a little thinner while on it. So I stopped it after about a month or two of use.

My question to you guys; does anyone know of another compound that would also promote hair growth while im using the indomethacin? While the loss stopped, I believe the indo was inhibiting something that prevented my hair from thriving. There was some sort of imbalance going on in my scalp

Can anyone think of a substance that may put things in better balance? Im sorry, but I know there are many of you who are better versed in the science of all this than I am, that's why Im reaching out for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    [...] If an NSAID like this is helping, then something more deep/severe may be going on.
    Not necessarily. Indomethacin use (which can indeed have serious side effects) has been suggested based on the PGD2/PGE2 theory of MPB pathogenesis.

Thanks for the concern/info. So does anyone thing that using a substance that will up the PGE2 will counteract the decrease in hair growth from indo?

Indomethacin is a COX-2 inhibitor, meaning it will block ALL prostaglandins, the good and the bad. If it's stopping your loss, then it's also stopping any growth dead in its tracks. Obviously a much better approach would be selectively bringing PGD2 down whilst bringing PGE2 up. If you saw good results with Indo in terms of stopping loss, I imagine you'd do even better on a selective PGD2 inhibitor like OC or Seti which still allows good prostaglandins to do their growth work.

Hey dench. Ive been on OC since june and really noticed nothing but more loss. I know indo is a double edged sword. Maybe ill give the seti a try before doing indo again

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    Hey dench. Ive been on OC since june and really noticed nothing but more loss. I know indo is a double edged sword. Maybe ill give the seti a try before doing indo again
    That's the problem I have primarily too with the PGD2 angle. In 2012 a group of 70+ people started using OC459. More people bought it too. Yet it didn't progress as to be a "mainstream" treatment. RU58841 did in the past and is mainstream now because it does really works in maintaining hair and can help many people. From OC459 there were some reports obviously of reduced shedding, scalp felt better etc however it never got as mainstream in fact people lost interest after the initial hype. Good treatments won't lost interest it's logical imo, right?

Right swoop. I dont think im going to spend any more money on it. It might have halted 15% of the loss at the most.

I just want to find something that stops the loss like indomethacin did but will also allow some growth to happen

I tried ru but didnt see much reduction and shedding then either. although I was only on it for a little over a month. swoop how long do you think I should take it before the shedding would actually slow down?