+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    That is so sad to hear for high NW including me.
    Let's hope for the best in the future
    The presentation posted above was a presentation by Replicel, not Shiseido. If I remember correctly, it was Shiseido which promised a full cure. Shiseido were the ones to include IPS cells in their technology, thus attacking the problem from all angles. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm still hopeful Shiseido will be the one to provide us with a full cure, and not Replicel (so even though both their research is based on the same technology, Shiseido has built on top of that and improved it even further).

Quote Originally Posted by Seuxin View Post
    Hello,

I'm a bit lost...
    A few month, they spooke about a real cure with good regrowth...And now there speak about no regrowth but just maintenance ???
    If this stops hair loss on it self as they are claiming it would still be something valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    If this stops hair loss on it self as they are claiming it would still be something valuable.
    I agree, if it stops hairloss it would be a viable option, which when combined with other treatments such as a hair transplant might provide a full "cure". I am however wondering whether a hair transplant would require a new set of injections though, so whether it would be best to get a HT first and the injections afterwards. I guess we'll hear more from them on such issues at the miami congress.

It would be great for anyone just entering HL. If it basically just makes all your hair immune to slowly dying off. Sadly this would almost guarantee that NO future companies would try to develop a regrowth method as the the ratio of men needing treatment would instantly be on the decline. People already nw3 plus would never be able to get back to where they want.

I always thought this was supposed to cause regrowth. Bittersweet I guess. Will save so many from having to go through HL but at the same time it will keep any regrowth treatments from being researched* {imo}

Hmmm, so, is it possible to release to the market in 2018??

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Here an update from them;

https://youtu.be/ejv6qTyedzs?t=11m25s

They expect Shisheido to start in a few weeks. Replicel is aiming for next year.

Check how he says that they are basically directing this treatment to be a "functional cure" and talks about maintaining baseline status unlike rogaine.

Seems more directed like a preventative treatment. It's really good that they doing such a lengthy trial. Only that will determine if it can actually maintain.
    That's not what I got from it, they averaged a maintained 14% growth in 70% of the people in the trial(a very small safety trial, with very small dosage) It's a functional cure so far in that at a low dose people maintain unlike Rogaine which fades.

If they can raise the dose(inject more cells), theoretically they can give a higher regrowth and complete maintanence.

To me it sounds like they ideally want it to be a replacement for Hair transplants, instead of transplanting follicles, they transplant cells in hopes that those cells all bind and grow.

Very interesting product to watch and at the very least Shisedo is starting within the next few weeks so we should get an update sometime next year.

DSc cells should be able to create new follicles. Dr jahoda took his dsc cells implanted it into his wife's arm and that grew hair. Now dsc cells have the same problem as dermal papilla when they are grown they loose their inductive ability. If replicel has figured out how to culture the cells and keep it's inductivity, it should work.

Now if it is only for maintaining, replicel will not last for long. The reason is that setipiprant may come to the market and of course everyone will choose pill instead of replicel because it is easier and that is why if replicel will only maintain without re growth then it is not a smart thing to launch

I kinda agree Baldybald why would anybody go thru a procedure like that that would have the same effect as a pill or topical? especially if its going to cost the same as a transplant but with zero growth. When i looked at it before it sounded like it creates regrowth but not so much at the moment, perhaps Shiseido have got further then Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by HelloVera View Post
    I kinda agree Baldybald why would anybody go thru a procedure like that that would have the same effect as a pill or topical? especially if its going to cost the same as a transplant but with zero growth. When i looked at it before it sounded like it creates regrowth but not so much at the moment, perhaps Shiseido have got further then Replicel
    Yeah but replicel might be 1 or 2 injections and Seti is for a lifetime. Lazy people would rather take the easy way.