+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turkey on hold

Default Turkey on hold

Hi. Glad I came across this site, a bit about me. I'm 38 now and had two fut surgerys in England at the hospital group. First at 33 and then again at 36. I was worrying about the scar but as of now my hair in quite short and it's not visible at all. So all good there it did take about two years before I cut have my hair so short at the back, not sure but it was the same both times.
    I was planning a third and final operation fue this time in London where they don't shave your head but at £10000 I thought. Maybe just shave it at half the price. But then I came across gethair in Istanbul and it was half the price again. I googled all I could and everything seemed great and am meant to be having the op in December. But after reading a not to happy story on here I'm not so sure. It was with a surgeon called Dr. Tayfun Oguzoglu I would be great full if anyone has any info on gethair or Dr. Tayfun Oguzoglu. Because at the minute I'm going to give it a miss. Save more and pay more in London.
    Thanks

Hi MP,

Turkey is an unusual and very volatile market for hair restoration. I've been there twice investigating the industry and to review Dr. Karadeniz and his clinic. The first time I went I was there just to review him (full disclosure, I now help him with his clinic) and the second time, a month later, I was there for the 2015 FUE workshop. While there I took time to investigate one of these technician only clinics which turned out to be a shocking event for me.

Joe Tillman, the Hair Transplant Mentor, infiltrates a Turkish Clinic For Consultation

Truth is, in Turkey, you really have to take extra care to get what you are told you will get. There are only a handful, maybe six total, of doctors that perform the actualy procedure whereas almost every other of the almost 500 clinics in the country have only technicians doing the entire procedure and if there is a doctor at all they only draw the hairline at most. Dr. Karadeniz in one such doctor that does teh full procedure and the only thing technicians do is place your grafts into the incisions that Dr. K made himself.

To directly answer your question, I've heard of Dr. Tayfun and I've seen some cases but I won't go into any details that I've read as that is something you can find on your won quite easily. The bottom line is, there are a few clinics in Turkey that are worth considering and if I were you I'd stick with only IAHRS member clinics since with that you can at least know that they have some level of accountability for their results and the way they treat their patients.
    Last edited by JoeTillman; 09-20-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks for the quick reply. I have decided to go to London or Nottingham when I'm back in the U.K.. With dr Raghu reddy. For the extra £2500 I get piece of mind. As I have had both previous surgerys in the uk. And he is on the iahrs list. Can't go wrong.
    Thanks again
    P.s
    I have looked around on the Internet and everything looks good about the surgeon in turkey. And can't find anything negative. Except from on here but that was not conclusive. So was at a bit of a loss.

MP,

As long as you are confident and happy with your choice, that's what matters and you did well by sticking with an IAHRS doc. I hope you will document and share your experience.
    Joe Tillman

Yes I will certainly do that. When I can find the time to fly home for the procedure. Thanks again

Joe
    I just contacted Ali Emre Karadeniz
    Thinking is switching surgeons after having some dealts. Waiting to here what they say and if my dates are available after more research. Not that I can find any negative comments on dr Tayfun, but I want to be 100% certain of my choice

Quote Originally Posted by Makepeace View Post
    Joe
    I just contacted Ali Emre Karadeniz
    Thinking is switching surgeons after having some dealts. Waiting to here what they say and if my dates are available after more research. Not that I can find any negative comments on dr Tayfun, but I want to be 100% certain of my choice
    Good to know. Dr. Karadeniz may not respond very fast because he just got to London, as did I, and we're both heading to the hotel before tomorrow's consultation meet up. I'm sure he'll return your email quickly.
    Joe Tillman

Default Good to know

Thanks I'll wait for the reply hopefully something is available December 14th or maybe new flights can be arranged if I choose to proceed.