+ Reply to Thread

Default severe hairloss in one month , help please .

I'm having a lot of hairloss in my front hairline and temples and I don't know what's going on .

I started taking propecia from the beginning of August for some thinning in the back of my hair . ( no thinning or hair loss at all in the front hairline or temples ) , I only started taking propecia for the back of my hair .

About 2 weeks in, I stopped taking propecia because I had some side effects low libido, and my dermatologist recommended that I stop. 3rd week of August I started losing hairs from my frontal hairline and temples. This was bizarre to me because i never had any hairloss in the front and I've already been off propecia for a week. I didn't know what it was so started taking supplement biotin, vitamin E , hoping that would help thicken up my front again.

But it didn't , and now 1 month later, I've lost 50% density in my frontal hairline and my temples have receded .

The worst part is I have no idea what it is. I read that propecia can cause shedding but I've been off of propecia for nearly 1 month . I was thinking it could be MPB but isn't it more gradual ? I have lots tons of hair in just 1 month..

I also was using nizoral shampoo for about 2 weeks every other day, could that have triggered the shedding ?

Quote Originally Posted by annonymous4a View Post
    I'm having a lot of hairloss in my front hairline and temples and I don't know what's going on .

I started taking propecia from the beginning of August for some thinning in the back of my hair . ( no thinning or hair loss at all in the front hairline or temples ) , I only started taking propecia for the back of my hair .

About 2 weeks in, I stopped taking propecia because I had some side effects low libido, and my dermatologist recommended that I stop. 3rd week of August I started losing hairs from my frontal hairline and temples. This was bizarre to me because i never had any hairloss in the front and I've already been off propecia for a week. I didn't know what it was so started taking supplement biotin, vitamin E , hoping that would help thicken up my front again.

But it didn't , and now 1 month later, I've lost 50% density in my frontal hairline and my temples have receded .

The worst part is I have no idea what it is. I read that propecia can cause shedding but I've been off of propecia for nearly 1 month . I was thinking it could be MPB but isn't it more gradual ? I have lots tons of hair in just 1 month..

anyone ? I see no signs of regrowth and I've loss most of my density in my front hairline just in the past month..

My theory on propecia is that, if it is to cause any shedding (which i believe it DOES in many cases), it wouldn't be apparent for at least 2-4 months... in order for a hair to shed, it first needs to be sent from the anagen phase into the telogen phase. After it has been sent into telogen, it takes the follicle 2-4 months to release the fiber. That's why I don't understand why people say they get IMMEDIATE shedding after starting a medication... can SOMEONE please chime in on this? I am obviously not a doctor and there must be something I am missing.

It is really unfortunate what happens with you. In my opinion Scalp Micropigmentation is a very good technique to put an end to baldness and ********* Hair Clinic in Toronto is the best place to go for Scalp Micropigmentation

Quote Originally Posted by eeeesss View Post
    It is really unfortunate what happens with you. In my opinion Scalp Micropigmentation is a very good technique to put an end to baldness and ********* Hair Clinic in Toronto is the best place to go for Scalp Micropigmentation
    F off

I've heard of weird things where people supposedly have rapid MPB loss, but that isn't how it normally works. Are you sure such rapid thinning or loss isn't the cause of something else? Diet, illness, other health problems? Yes you probably have MPB but it's possible something else is involved if hair is falling out that quickly. I would assume the cycling on and off propecia could have possibly triggered a shed.
    Your doctor might have some suggestions.

*Disclaimer: My opinion is not medical advice, I am not a hair loss expert or physician*

I also was using nizoral shampoo for about 2 weeks every other day, could that have triggered the shedding ?
    I think what happened was once you stopped fin your hormones went all crazy trying to balance back out and that imbalance induced a rapid shed. Your DHT probably went through the roof at that point.

The few months I took fin I started shedding around month 3 but at that same time started getting a lot of sides... so when I stopped I was left with less hair that shedded and never grew back to what it was before. ><
    I have heard if you stick it out on the drug for a few more months sometimes the sides go away and you can keep taking fin.