+ Reply to Thread

Default Bite the bullet?

I've been losing my hair rapidly since March. I shed hair everyday and in the last 6 months it's only gotten worse.
    I had a lot of thick hair to start with so im still in the early stages but the hair I have is currently thin, weak and grows in all directions at different speeds, or at least that's how it seems.

Anyway, it's time for a treatment I think, a real treatment, not shampoo or other half ass attempts I've been making. Truth is I triggered my loss through steroids and I had hoped that since I'd stopped the roids back in March the hair loss would stop or at least dramatically slow, but it hasn't.

I'm thinking of micro-dosing fin. The side effects scare the shit out of me but it's getting to the point where in another 6 months my loss may be very noticeable.

0.25mg twice a week has been said to work nicely. I still have the same hair to the naked eye I had before the roid, only harsh light or water show the devastation.

Any thoughts on whether or not I should bite the bullet on fin and try and save my hair before any noticeable loss sets in?

Are you using minox currently? If not, I'd start there.
    Starting treatment sooner rather then later usually has the best results since hair follicles are alive way after they stop producing hair.

I have considered minox but it's such a commitment. I'm only 24 and my lifestyle doesn't really lend itself to setting aside that much time to apply and wait to style etc.
    popping a pill twice a week would be a much easier option. But then the potential sides aren't friendly.

Plus minox does nothing for DHT? Perhaps minox with Azelaic acid added in? I know there are still a few places online where you can get that.

Decisions decisions.

Go for fin or dut. If it gives you side effects that you can't handle then you can stop, but it's by far your best bet.