tattoo micropigmentation self trial, PICS!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonB.
    • Dec 2009

Thanks Smith..I don't do micropigmentation tattoos so I prefer to see a professionals efforts but thanks for your insight

Comment

• JonB.
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by SLOTHY
      hey guys, i am a newbie here but i was looking for ways to treat my baldness. im 30 and have been balding since my early 20s and have been shaving my head since i was 25.

anyway i dont want to go the HT or meds route so i was looking for other alternatives and came across tattooing.of course i had concerns with blobs, color changing,etc. but the FAQs section REALLY HAD ME CONSIDERING THE PROCEDURE.

ANYWAYS... i am bored at home drinking some beers when i tried to picture what i would look like then BAM! got the idea. i went and got my wife's mascara and dabbed the little brush on my bald spots. for me doing this the very first time it looked pretty good so i took some pics.

then i decided to show my wife, and she was puzzled like "you look different" i said "in a good way?? she said "hmmm,you look younger... wait you have HAIR!" of course i was happy,i showed her up close and we had a good laugh. i told her "i should of done this on our wedding day!'
      the thing is at first she didnt want me to get the procedure but she realized how it made me feel and now she supports my decision.

i do have concerns such as
      -fading
      -blobbing
      -dots too big
      -permanent
      -real hair turning grey (although there is no history of greyness in my fam)
      -gotta keep my head buzzed for life ( i like my head shaved anyway tho)
      -looks too fake,etc

cant think of anything else at the moment, but you get what im saying

before you talk sh!t, just know i did this just to see what it was like and thought i would share.
      i would really like some feedback on this procedure, im trying to do as much research as possible

p.s yes i kno it looks fake, it totally IS fake, i did it with my wife's mascara
      So its almost a year since you created this thread...

What did you end up doing?

If you didn't do the tattoo..why haven't you done it yet?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• scarman
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by JonB.
        So its almost a year since you created this thread...

What did you end up doing?

If you didn't do the tattoo..why haven't you done it yet?

Thanks in advance.
        bump for this, I wanna know too

Comment

• william
          • Dec 2010

Hi Guys, Sorry its taken me so long to reply. Yes, you can go out in the sun with a Headstyl. Too much sun exposure can cause fading but if you take care and use sun cream there is no reason you cant enjoy the sun. Scars can be covered but sometimes take 2 or 3 times to cover, Its like a work of art having a headstyl, companies that say they can cover it in 1 or 2 treatment arent being truthful. Scars sometimes spit some of the pigment out so they need to be treated untill the desired effect id achieved. Nobody can predict how your head is going to react but your scars can def be covered. If you go on headstyl and send a couple of pictures in we can assess the area and the stylist will write to you with her recommendation for time and cost. It doesnt cost anthing to do this and you are under no obligation. The website is also full of info about micro pigmentation and how it works etc.

Comment

• william
            • Dec 2010

Head Tattoo

I was reading and saw that some people have concerns about getting a Headstyl.
            The larger dots should be removed as soon as they appear. To remove them takes only a couple of minutes. If a larger spot appears after the treatment is complete it can also be removed. Larger dots usually come up because the stylist isnt experienced, and hasnt been given the correct training.

There is always a certain amount of fading but not much. This can be fixed in the touch up session. Its like having a work of art created on your head. it takes time to get it perfect so the stylists start with a lighter colour and darken as they move over your head from back to front finishing by giving you your hair line back.

The inks Headstyl use do not turn green. I cant tell you what they use as I cant give away the company secrets lol

If your hair starts to turn grey the stylist will add some lighter flects to your hair. However, if you have a headstyl you will always have to keep your hair short and the root of hour hair is a different colour and doesnt appear to look grey. If you do start turning grey you might want to keep your darker colour? its up to you its your head?

Comment

• jooder
              • May 2010

Originally posted by william

If your hair starts to turn grey the stylist will add some lighter flects to your hair. However, if you have a headstyl you will always have to keep your hair short and the root of hour hair is a different colour and doesnt appear to look grey. If you do start turning grey you might want to keep your darker colour? its up to you its your head?
              This is incorrect. 'Grey hair' is actually white hair with no pigment. It appears grey due to darker hair mixing with the white hair and giving an illusion of 'grey hair'. What will happen over time is that white hair will appear alongside the dark dots....... however, because the hair is shaved extremely short, the white hair will hardly be visible. So, in theory......if the hair on the sides of your head turned white and you shaved this area with a blade.......all you would see is skin, whilst the top of your head would still have the darker dots from the tattoo.
              However, you could just get more tattooing down the sides i suppose, or by the age you have gone all 'white', you may well have had the tattoo removed anyway.

Comment

• william
                • Dec 2010

Hi Guys,

If any of you want to go to Atlanta and have a look at some clients let me know so it can be organised???

Here is a couple of pictures of me before and after my headstyl. Ive tried hair systems and it wasnt for me...each to their own, everyone makes the choice based on whats right for them.
                Attached Files

Comment

• t-bone
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Dazzleme
                  I think if you look through my posts I never made any false claims nor did I discredit any other business out there! I'm not a paid employee of Athena. I was/am a client and given the quality of her work I offered to help her in my spare time...

Several of her clients told her to get involved with these forums and believe it or not, this is the first time we (I) posted. I take it you all don't want technicians to post and just clients??? Got it!

"Larry" - Her webmaster jumped the gun and the TM is being removed. It was an honest oversite... Thanks for bringing it to her attention.

Athena's work speaks for itself as does her referrals. She's happy to meet with anyone for a free consultation.
                  I went to Goodlook Ink to get scar covered and they did a great job but Im in socal and they are in MN. would be interested in finding someone close.

Comment

• vendi7
                    • Mar 2011

I'm curious as to if you could have another transplant surgery where there is micro pigmentation? I've had 5 surgeries at this point and still dont have a full head of hair at the crown. I'm right at 1 year post op on the 5th surgery and waiting to see what I get out of that. If I still dont have full coverage I'm considering getting the thin areas and my scar filled in with micro pigmentation. Anyone tried it?

Comment

• t-bone
                      • Aug 2010

Yes I would definitely consider it! I was skeptical so i only did scar and i shave my head on #1 guard and after transdermal you can't see it..Make sure you go to someone who is reputable because I have heard some stories where it discolors etc.It is not the same needle as a tattoo..good luck!

Comment

• t-bone
                        • Aug 2010

looks awesome!

Comment

• vendi7
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by t-bone
                          Yes I would definitely consider it! I was skeptical so i only did scar and i shave my head on #1 guard and after transdermal you can't see it..Make sure you go to someone who is reputable because I have heard some stories where it discolors etc.It is not the same needle as a tattoo..good luck!
                          This is exactly what I want it for and it would be a dream to have that be invisible. I like to keep my hair at a 1 guard in the back but cannot because of the scar. I just wonder after I have it done if that will screw up the possibility of future transplants.

I'm in Florida so can go the the guy down here that seems to have started all this.

Can I ask you how much you paid for just the scar?

Comment

• t-bone
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by vendi7
                            This is exactly what I want it for and it would be a dream to have that be invisible. I like to keep my hair at a 1 guard in the back but cannot because of the scar. I just wonder after I have it done if that will screw up the possibility of future transplants.

I'm in Florida so can go the the guy down here that seems to have started all this.

Can I ask you how much you paid for just the scar?
                            The guy you are talking about is the best in the buiss! He makes his own needles.I paid 2 grand just for scar.

Comment

• t-bone
                              • Aug 2010

I have heard from 2 reputable people that it does nothing to hurt donor area.

Comment

• t-bone
                                • Aug 2010

actually it looks pretty good! If you get transdermal hair replication go to someone who specializes in it! I have seen and heard horror stories.This is not the same as tattoo.
                                The guy in Florida started it and is the only one that makes his own needles.I got my scar done(ht) at goodlook ink in MN.looks good!
                                good luck!good for u not getting ht.I wish i would've waited!Now big scar.

Comment

Working...