Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Gentlemens service? i think a real gentlemen is so smart to either shave his head or get a hair tranplant but not ink on his head.

Btw why didnt you put HSI as your paying institution in your signature? Hey wanna know why scalp tattoos never made it on the btt show? Yep because its just plain BS procedure where nobody should respect anything its hundred steps away from a solution.
    Richard

good luck with your perspective. I'm sure it serves you well.

JB

I just read that HIS service...the HIS stands for Head Ink Skin LOL

Who knew? Anyways great service. I hope you guys check it out. Its been a great month and a half.

Couldn't be happier with the end result.

ITs flawless! No one can tell and its a cool clean crisp look. IMO and my wife's who was thinking when I first described it to her..that I was nuts!

She likes it as do many others I see...

No body knows unless I leaked out and told a few people..

for the most part ...the only people I've told are my wife...my son..my immediate family and a couple of close friends..

and then there's the internet where I get to type all I want ...touting about how great the HIS service has been for me..

I'm free of courvre and toppik! that I was a prisoner for the last twelve or so years..

I never even realized how much of a prisoner till I stopped using that stuff!

Just saying hello to my friends on bald truth forum who might ever need a MPB solution that does not include a hair transplant path..

Quote Originally Posted by drat775 View Post
    Warning - this is a long post - I've clearly spent way too much time thinking about this stuff - but for anyone in my shoes, there's likely some interesting stuff here.

I'm probably an expert on this subject by now - but I'm still confused. I have been down the road of all concealers - and what the OP did in his 'test' I do every day and have for YEARS. Toppik worked very well, but then one day I decided to shave my head - and now I use one of a couple of concealers and I'm able to get it to look absolutely PERFECT without much time.

{I even used that DermMatch ages ago (when it first came out) - and peeled off the label and realized it was just $8.00 cake makeup with a new label put on and charged at $20!!!! (It was either Kryolin or Ben-Nye or something).}

With that said, i have a huge advantage - no significant balding, no big bald spot, no major receding hairline, etc. I have DIFFUSE thinning - which has been every bit as much a pain in my ass as the bald spots and everything else for others - so that diffuse thinning makes concealers very useful (and I think there are quite a few people out there like me who see these tattoo things as a POTENTIAL Godsend.)

Now, I'm still doing the concealer thing and I've found that one eyeliner in particular (I think that's what it is) and, believe it or not, QVC's Joan Rivers fake hair stuff actually works the best. It's the same kind of concept as an eyeliner.

Back to the tattoos - so I was reading another thread in this forum (it seems like every couple months I do another Google search for "scalp tattoo" or something similar to see any new developments) - and I came across the post where the Artistry guy in FL is arguing with a guy here. Now the art guy's photos on his site look great - BUT the guy in this forum had a good point - the dots on the poster's hairline looked huge, blue, and awful. So after being THIS CLOSE to taking the plunge, I'm confused again - especially since the art guy seems so damn smug.

I will tell you, though, that for diffuse thinning -this concept seems sound. I'm in my early 40's and while my hair seems overall MORE diffuse than it was, I don't have any noteable BALDING... so I'm FAIRLY okay with the idea of not worrying too much about the future - since I do have a lot of hair comparatively speaking. The other thing is that the concealing method I use (and right now my hair is shaved to 1/16") works INCREDIBLY well (with some tricks I've learned). It's just basically working on this principle- the less contrast I can get between my hair and my scalp, the more hair it looks like I have. As such, the more tan I am, the better it looks (another issue with the tattoo).

The thing is, though, that the way the concealer goes on is more like a solid - almost as though my head got super tan and that changes the contrast level - the end result is great - but would tons of little dots do it? Especially if I wanted my hair at, say, 1/8" instead of 1/16"??? Add in the potential problem with fading, etc. - and even though I was super close to taking the plunge - I'm still worried, confused, etc. It certainly doesn't help that it seems like the FL guy doesn't like open debate and was apparently banned from here.

One thing I did find that is super intriguing was at this blog: www.baldingblog.com - there are a couple posts where someone asks about this subject and the author, Dr. Rassman, says he doesn't think these tattoos are a good idea, HOWEVER, HE DOES HAVE ONE PATIENT who apparently did his OWN scalp tatoo with some kind of non-permanent, redo it every few weeks strategy (e.g. henna) - and the doctor says it actually looks great. I'm very, very interested in this and have asked him to provide more details - but he hasn't. My impression is that that guy is either very artistic or is actually a tattoo artist, and he does it on himself, and it supposedly works well. And the huge thing that's the biggest bonus is the idea of something NON PERMANENT that you re-do every few weeks or months. The thing is, in the past, I researched henna until the cows came home and couldn't find anything that would keep from looking too red - and further, just never found it as a viable option.

To not have to put this shit on my scalp each day, though, would be great. It's actually not that bad since I shaved my head - and it doesn't come off i with sweat. The only downside is that my pillowcases are always covered in brown shit (gross).

So to continue my quest - I have even ordered transparent anti-shine makeup - thinking that (1) the concealer, followed by (2) the anti-shine/glare makeup will be a great solution. I further wonder if the tatto itself impacts the shine/glare. On the one hand you would think NO, but on the other, maybe it works on the same principle as the black crap football players put under their eyes to keep the glare away?

The other thing I've found about the tattoos - is that to a 'T' the hairlines look ridiculous. Rather than hairlines, they look more like helmets - so I wouldn't let anyone touch mine, and luckily, I wouldn't need to. I think the chief problem is that these tattoo people put these unnatural, solid lines for hairlines - when it should not be solid, but instead, somewhat uneven. What's more, I think even different shades of color should be used to simulate natural velous (sp) hairs.

Hopefully someone else can provide insight into that self-tattooer...that would be great. But may main takeaway is that I'm still unsure and unconvinced - but DO BELIEVE this is a perfectly viable and potentially good solution for people in my shoes - and even for people who've lost tons of hair but are willing to shave to near nothing or nothing - it can still look pretty good (as long as that fade and green issue isn't too bad). IMPORTANTLY, this sense could be all wrong sense I haven't seen anyone in person - but it SEEMS (based on a number of pictures) - that if you keep them away from your hairline - this can actually look pretty damn good. And frankly, in the close-ups - I have to assume that if someone put my makeup-covered head under a microscope, they might notice somethings too! :-) That's the big paradox - part of me things "it could work" and part of me thinks "it will fail miserably!"

And regarding the fading and the blue color, unfortunately, I don't know anything about tattoos and all the tattoo experts chiming in seem to be contradicting each other. I do know that recently a special tattoo came out that is NON PERMANENT and readily removed with lasers. Some may say that's been out for years, but this is apparently a big deal. Upon further research it appears that it has a special property that makes itmuch, much easier to remove with lasers than regular tatoo ink. for a while, It thught that could be my salvation. But alas, no!

Still confused.
    I very much fancy the idea of something you is semi-permanent or removal.

Did you or ever find any info on the guy doing the self Henna work?
    And was there a particular reason that you deem the "special NON PERMANENT tattoo ink" to not be your salvation. As in, is their something that makes it not a viable solution?

Cheers

As someone that started shaving his head well before hairloss the idea of micropigmentation sounds great at first. I dont think it is something i would ever do for the reasons already listed. Ive seen it done on womens eyebrows and its noticable when up close. also on a head when u get that girl and she rubs her hand over your completely smooth head that looks like it has stubble your going to have some uncomfortable explaining to do. Also, I have seen some extremely bad jobs done. some have looked like someone colored their head with a sharpie

This is an awesome look and nobody can tell its not the real deal.

For those who are interested...I'm just posting up so you can know if this is the look your after ...this is the real deal.

Its that good.

Best suggestion is to just meet someone who has had this done if your truly interested and then you will know if you want to move forward.

Good luck

Well after researching it for about two months and seeing it in person I went and had it done. It looks amazing.

I have a sneaky feeling that those dots will, over the years, gradually get closer and closer and you'll end up with a mass of blue on your head.

It looks all right now. But wait a few years. Either the skin will move, inward or outward, or the ink will move...It will start to look awful.

I'd rather have hair anyway.

Tattooing dots on my scalp is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Peter View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling that those dots will, over the years, gradually get closer and closer and you'll end up with a mass of blue on your head.

It looks all right now. But wait a few years. Either the skin will move, inward or outward, or the ink will move...It will start to look awful.

I'd rather have hair anyway.

Tattooing dots on my scalp is not for me.
    Since you've made up your mind good luck in your search. I have the treatment and its excellent. You're assumptions are flawed but either way good luck to whatever choice people make.

Have a nice evening.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by JonB. View Post
    Since you've made up your mind good luck in your search. I have the treatment and its excellent. You're assumptions are flawed but either way good luck to whatever choice people make.

Have a nice evening.

JB
    I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about five years time as the ink starts to move and merge with the other dots.

I wish you well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Peter View Post
    I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about five years time as the ink starts to move and merge with the other dots.

I wish you well though.
    Paul, I understand what you were saying and I am telling you first hand what I have will not merge and create the problem you are describing.

Keep this post alive and over time at anytime ...post up for those who are interested and I will be happy to report back.

There are others at the HIS forum that have this for years and don't have the issues you are describing.

Thank you for your well wishes and I wish you the same in your search and solution..

whats so wonderful is that we all have good choices.