+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Am I right in assuming that our issue goes hand in glove with skin restoration or wound restoration? I wouldn't be that negativ. I am doing a semster abroad in West-Germany and I have to say that these jerries know how to do research. Though I am just an engineer I can honestly say the progress in the Biotech field is massive .They're all saying in 10 years time we can do a lots of things that only god was supposed to do back then . We'll get our hair back mates, don't worry

Great renee, SJ LIN is definitly achieving some huge things. In june efficient produtcion of trichogenic keratinocytes for successful HF neogenesis , and in august with only fibroblasts and a ****tail protein

He is working to find the perfect protocol to regrow hair. And that's why maybe his trial is still on open status, he could work on find the best way to make a HF in vitro with cells sujbect, and then test to transplant this HF on a subject see how it goes. And in fine find the best way to grow hair. I think it's a kind of open trial like that, not like with a definite protocol, double blinded, etc.. And back in 2007 , his estimation completetion date was 2016, so I think it's the case
    Well it's clearly speculation what I do, but it could be a possibility^^

I really hope he is finding an effective protocol with that fibro/proteins shit as he claim, cause he would be the first on the market with that. the safety concers are incomparable with iPSCs

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Great renee, SJ LIN is definitly achieving some huge things. In june efficient produtcion of trichogenic keratinocytes for successful HF neogenesis , and in august with only fibroblasts and a ****tail protein

He is working to find the perfect protocol to regrow hair. And that's why maybe his trial is still on open status, he could work on find the best way to make a HF in vitro with cells sujbect, and then test to transplant this HF on a subject see how it goes. And in fine find the best way to grow hair. I think it's a kind of open trial like that, not like with a definite protocol, double blinded, etc.. And back in 2007 , his estimation completetion date was 2016, so I think it's the case
    Well it's clearly speculation what I do, but it could be a possibility^^

I really hope he is finding an effective protocol with that fibro/proteins shit as he claim, cause he would be the first on the market with that. the safety concers are incomparable with iPSCs

Could you please try to contact him to find out what he is up to and when he expects to have news?

Interesting video of how they grow hair in mice.

http://m.jove.com/#details/4344

interesting indeed, but also horrible what they do with thousands if not millions of mice and other animals, every day. all those experiments on animals will hopefully end someday.

Yeah, poor mice but there is no choice.

Yep Nameless I already tried, but unfortunatly I doubt he takes time to answer lambda emails, so I will try the tawain hospital, and the other researchers in the dermatological field in the hospital , or the bioengineered institute of the univ

Just saw an interesting study from the US army researchers ( Rajesh L. Thangapazham, Thomas N. Darling,) in may 2014 regarding cellular therapy with fibroblasts :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4057739/

Dermal fibroblasts are mesenchymal cells found between the skin epidermis and subcutaneous tissue. They are primarily responsible for synthesizing collagen and glycosaminoglycans; components of extracellular matrix supporting the structural integrity of the skin. Dermal fibroblasts play a pivotal role in cutaneous wound healing and skin repair. Preclinical studies suggest wider applications of dermal fibroblasts ranging from skin based indications to non-skin tissue regeneration in tendon repair. One clinical application for autologous dermal fibroblasts has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) while others are in preclinical development or various stages of regulatory approval. In this context, we outline the role of fibroblasts in wound healing and discuss recent advances and the current development pipeline for cellular therapies using autologous dermal fibroblasts.

This regional specificity and functional identity of fibroblasts provides another platform for developing regional skin applications such as the induction of hair follicles in bald scalp or alteration of the phenotype of stump skin in amputees to better support their prosthetic devices.

Last invention from SJ LIN

Programmable Laser-Assisted Surface Microfabrication on a Poly(Vinyl Alcohol)-Coated Glass Chip with Self-Changing Cell Adhesivity for Heterotypic Cell Patterning
    http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/...nalCode=aamick

Organs are composed of heterotypic cells with patterned architecture that enables intercellular interaction to perform specific functions.
    In tissue engineering, the ability to pattern heterotypic cells into desired arrangement will allow us to model complex tissues in vitro and to create tissue equivalents for regeneration. This study was aimed at developing a method for fast heterotypic cell patterning with controllable topological manipulation on a glass chip.
    When skin dermal papilla cells and fibroblasts were seeded respectively 24 h apart, we were able to pattern these two cells into aggregates of dermal papilla cells in arrays of microwells in a background of fibroblasts sheet. Seeded later, keratinocytes attached to these mesenchymal cells. Keratinocytes contacting dermal papilla cells started to differentiate toward a hair follicle fate, demonstrating patternable epithelial-mesenchymal interaction. This method allows fast adjustable heterotypic cell patterning and surface topology control and can be applied to the investigation of heterotypic cellular interaction and creation of tissue equivalent in vitro.

THis fabolous guy is preparing our hair therapy hehe To bad he don't answer emails to know what is goin on and what he project to do

Lacazette,
    will you get together with swooping, hellouser and desmond and just find a cure for MPB already?!?! WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU!