Propecia side affects Merck or bladtruth won't tell you about - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default Propecia side affects Merck or bladtruth won't tell you about

    I've been listening to the to Bald Truth for a while now and I'm a little disturbed by Spencer Kobren's attitude that just because he and his cohost Joe Tillman don't have any side affects means the drug is perfectly fine for everyone to use. There is a recent article at Men's Journal that really confirms my feelings:
    http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fi...-safe-20150914

    The article mentions "inability to orgasm, painful erections, chronic depression, insomnia, brain fog, and suicidal thoughts". I have experienced many of these, specifically insomnia and sexual problems.

    I used Propecia and it ugly brother Advodart for over 10 years so I have some credible knowledge. While on the drugs I never could sleep properly and never ever dreamed, nor could have proper erections and was never in the mood for sex. Only until I quit taking the drugs did I realize that it was due to the affects of blocking DHT and my sleep and dreams returned, as well as my libido. What a nice trade off - ability to sleep and have sex for less hair! I'll take it any day.

    Spencer and Tillman do not represent everyone and your results may vary. I wish they would admin this, open up and take callers that have experienced adverse side affects to inform the listeners that the drug is not harmless for everyone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolplaya View Post
    I've been listening to the to Bald Truth for a while now and I'm a little disturbed by Spencer Kobren's attitude that just because he and his cohost Joe Tillman don't have any side affects means the drug is perfectly fine for everyone to use. There is a recent article at Men's Journal that really confirms my feelings:
    http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fi...-safe-20150914

    The article mentions "inability to orgasm, painful erections, chronic depression, insomnia, brain fog, and suicidal thoughts". I have experienced many of these, specifically insomnia and sexual problems.

    I used Propecia and it ugly brother Advodart for over 10 years so I have some credible knowledge. While on the drugs I never could sleep properly and never ever dreamed, nor could have proper erections and was never in the mood for sex. Only until I quit taking the drugs did I realize that it was due to the affects of blocking DHT and my sleep and dreams returned, as well as my libido. What a nice trade off - ability to sleep and have sex for less hair! I'll take it any day.

    Spencer and Tillman do not represent everyone and your results may vary. I wish they would admin this, open up and take callers that have experienced adverse side affects to inform the listeners that the drug is not harmless for everyone.
    The so called only 2% suffering from sides is a joke, and disturbing that Merck got there approval with very vague trials.
    Alarming but not shocking, how the pharmaceutical companies funds doctors, so that your friendly doctor can prescribe Finasteride without hesitation.
    Itīs a ongoing wheel that benefits all parts, from the pharmaceutical companies to the prescribing doctor.
    Therefore itīs a hushed topic to talk about the increasing side effect reports, and lawsuits towards Merck for holding information.

    Should definitely be more highlighted as you mentioned, considering the amount of experts and their representatives that are members in this forum.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    The so called only 2% suffering from sides is a joke, and disturbing that Merck got there approval with very vague trials.
    Alarming but not shocking, how the pharmaceutical companies funds doctors, so that your friendly doctor can prescribe Finasteride without hesitation.
    Itīs a ongoing wheel that benefits all parts, from the pharmaceutical companies to the prescribing doctor.
    Therefore itīs a hushed topic to talk about the increasing side effect reports, and lawsuits towards Merck for holding information.

    Should definitely be more highlighted as you mentioned, considering the amount of experts and their representatives that are members in this forum.
    Without writing a book I dont agree with your very pessimistic view of the whole system. Some pieces are not perfect for sure but there are benefits your just ignoring. Everyone knows all the possible sides well before they touch any drug like propecia. Some men might take that trade off because its the only valid option to keep hair. Yes its not harmless to everyone but its a drug that exists to attempt treating an otherwise untreatable problem. If other treatments were found say natural ones there would never exist a reason to make the drug.
    You cant catch everything in a trial with the huge variation between people that is so poorly understood still its just largely guessing still. They didnt have a large enough sample size but what is large enough? You cant find everything with any drug ever its just not possible until it hits the wild and they missed some. So what? I had sides from the all natural saw palmetto and those werent even listed on the bottle for a completely natural treatment for prostate issues.
    You had sides which is too bad, but it doesnt invalidate the whole treatment which has a small chance at sides for a previously untreatable problem. You dont like risk then dont touch the drug.

  4. #4
    Senior Member PayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolplaya View Post
    I've been listening to the to Bald Truth for a while now and I'm a little disturbed by Spencer Kobren's attitude that just because he and his cohost Joe Tillman don't have any side affects means the drug is perfectly fine for everyone to use. There is a recent article at Men's Journal that really confirms my feelings:
    [URL="http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/health/are-hair-loss-drugs-safe-20150914"]http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/health/are-hair-loss-drugs-safe-20150914[/URL

    The article mentions "inability to orgasm, painful erections, chronic depression, insomnia, brain fog, and suicidal thoughts". I have experienced many of these, specifically insomnia and sexual problems.

    I used Propecia and it ugly brother Advodart for over 10 years so I have some credible knowledge. While on the drugs I never could sleep properly and never ever dreamed, nor could have proper erections and was never in the mood for sex. Only until I quit taking the drugs did I realize that it was due to the affects of blocking DHT and my sleep and dreams returned, as well as my libido. What a nice trade off - ability to sleep and have sex for less hair! I'll take it any day.

    Spencer and Tillman do not represent everyone and your results may vary. I wish they would admin this, open up and take callers that have experienced adverse side affects to inform the listeners that the drug is not harmless for everyone.
    There is no way you can be a real listener to The Bald Truth just by virtue of what you posted. Spencer Kobren goes out of his way to emphasize the possibility of adverse side effects of Propecia and just the other night Andrew Zarian, Spencerís producer stated that Spencer is too conservative about telling guys to take the drug. Andrew said that Spencer was trying to talk him out of it for months and Iíve heard Joe Tillman say many times that side effects are real , but rare. Since he worked in a hair transplant clinic for 10 years he said that it was very rare from all the people who were prescribed the drug when he was working there. You should probably listen to more shows.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    130

    Default

    yea its total BS! the percentage of pp that get side effects are FAR higher then they will tell u.

    I for one experienced bad side effects and I only know one other guy personally that has used it and he didn't get his libido back for almost year and a half. shiit is TOXIC!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    156

    Default

    That stuff is bad news. I know some people are absolutely fine on it. But I was broken for about 6months after taking that stuff.

  7. #7
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    594

    Default

    I don't listen to Spencer and Joe regularly, but what PayDay said about them rings much more true to me based on what I know of them than what was originally stated in this post.

    I don't believe that the drug is the miracle worker for everyone like some people would want you to believe. However, I also don't think that it's nearly as bad as some of the naysayers let on either. No drug is perfect, no study is perfect. Every single doctor has to go over the potential side effects, so we all know the risks that are involved when we take them.

    I admit that I've been fortunate enough to not have experienced any side effects, and for that I am extremely grateful. However, I'm not going to go on and on that "This drug is safe for everyone! Take it!" And the truth of the matter is, I don't see people who are pro-Propecia even doing that. We all admit that there are risks.

    What is more alarming to me are the scare tactics that the anti-Propecia group use to try and scare perfectly good candidates away from the drug. As GNX perfectly demonstrated, many guys who have side effects will then automatically jump to the irrational conclusion that everyone should stay away from the drug. Instead of the rational "Dangit. I guess I'm one of the ones vulnerable to side effects. It must not be for me," they react with "Well I got sides and a friend I know got sides and I read online about this other guy that got sides so EVERYONE should stay away from this toxic drug it will give you side effects and ruin your life." I think that mindset is just as harmful as anyone claiming/implying that the drug is 100% safe.

    Point of the story is: We should all be more careful with our words. The drug is a valuable tool for many men in the fight against hair loss, and many, many men take it and experience no problems at all. My advice to anyone considering it is to always understand the risks, then try a small dosage and see how your body responds to it. If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, discontinue taking it.

    I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    I think that any one who has thoroughly researched finasteride understands the risks and this is with ANY medication... Do you think ANY major pharm company is totally straight forward about their studies and the actual specific side effects of such drugs? No. Not at all. No one that takes finasteride actually wants to take it. Kobren DEFINITELY warns and talks to people that have had adverse side effects.

    my therapist mentioned to me klonapen, to deal with my anxiety. I went home and read the side effects and they are just as scary as finasteride, horrifying... Well, to me, the thought of losing my hair rapidly, with already having HT work done and a scar on the back of my head was ruining my life. I have been on fin for 6 months now and I really don't know if it's doing anything. BUT, I will tell you, I have a lot more reassurance and a lot less anxiety knowing I am doing everything I can.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    130

    Default

    well said, I'm only speaking from my own personal experience and that of my close friend.

    it has surely worked for many but like all drugs that have been in existence for about 10-15 yrs its really tough to say wat the long term side effects will be and wen some experience those side effects that are horrible within a couple weeks of taking said drug then id say a drug like that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.....

    its the same with HIV drugs but their needed to keep ppl alive. they have discovered that many of the HIV drugs have caused other side effects and toxic to certain organs and have therefore changed over the last few decades. newer safer HIV drugs have really only been around since about 2000. sure there has been HIV drugs around since the early 90's but there are many patents that took and now have a lifetime of side effects with Lipodystrophy (Buffalo Hump).

    Fin hasn't been around much longer so who's to really say wat damage the drug will do over the next couple of decades of ur life.

    Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    I don't listen to Spencer and Joe regularly, but what PayDay said about them rings much more true to me based on what I know of them than what was originally stated in this post.

    I don't believe that the drug is the miracle worker for everyone like some people would want you to believe. However, I also don't think that it's nearly as bad as some of the naysayers let on either. No drug is perfect, no study is perfect. Every single doctor has to go over the potential side effects, so we all know the risks that are involved when we take them.

    I admit that I've been fortunate enough to not have experienced any side effects, and for that I am extremely grateful. However, I'm not going to go on and on that "This drug is safe for everyone! Take it!" And the truth of the matter is, I don't see people who are pro-Propecia even doing that. We all admit that there are risks.

    What is more alarming to me are the scare tactics that the anti-Propecia group use to try and scare perfectly good candidates away from the drug. As GNX perfectly demonstrated, many guys who have side effects will then automatically jump to the irrational conclusion that everyone should stay away from the drug. Instead of the rational "Dangit. I guess I'm one of the ones vulnerable to side effects. It must not be for me," they react with "Well I got sides and a friend I know got sides and I read online about this other guy that got sides so EVERYONE should stay away from this toxic drug it will give you side effects and ruin your life." I think that mindset is just as harmful as anyone claiming/implying that the drug is 100% safe.

    Point of the story is: We should all be more careful with our words. The drug is a valuable tool for many men in the fight against hair loss, and many, many men take it and experience no problems at all. My advice to anyone considering it is to always understand the risks, then try a small dosage and see how your body responds to it. If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, discontinue taking it.

    I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    There is no way you can be a real listener to The Bald Truth just by virtue of what you posted. Spencer Kobren goes out of his way to emphasize the possibility of adverse side effects of Propecia and just the other night Andrew Zarian, Spencerís producer stated that Spencer is too conservative about telling guys to take the drug. Andrew said that Spencer was trying to talk him out of it for months and Iíve heard Joe Tillman say many times that side effects are real , but rare. Since he worked in a hair transplant clinic for 10 years he said that it was very rare from all the people who were prescribed the drug when he was working there. You should probably listen to more shows.
    I have not listened to every show made, but Ive heard enough to form a general consensus of the show. Spencer has said that Propecia is akin to women taking birth control pills that harmlessly changes their hormones. On other occasions he's said the drug gets bashed on the internet too much. But the internet is where the truth comes out, not what you read from some biased pharma's clinical trials.

    The problem I think many people have is they dont realize problems they are having are a direct result of taking the drug. For example, I had no idea propecia was causing sleeping disorders for years because I assumed it was due to my naturally aging body changing. It wasnt until I stopped and noticed how much better my sleeping was that I put two and two together.

Similar Threads

  1. Is depression a side effect that merck has on the list ?
    By Tiger norwood's in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 02:39 AM
  2. My new propecia say Merck Sharp?
    By bob13 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
  3. Merck says they havent heard of my Propecia reaction?
    By mvp1523 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
  4. Propecia 99% effective according to Merck?
    By heynow1234 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 11:49 AM
  5. Cheap Propecia and Guaranteed Results From Merck & Co.
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Best Mattress
Today 01:06 AM
Last Post By RaidenRoyal
Today 01:06 AM
Hi Everyone
09-22-2021 12:08 AM
Last Post By brianspower
Today 12:36 AM
Report writing services in Ireland
10-23-2021 04:52 AM
Last Post By Alyssa
Yesterday 10:42 PM
Buying a chainsaw
Yesterday 05:05 PM
Last Post By JhonMiller1
Yesterday 05:05 PM
Weird hairloss DUPA?
Yesterday 03:08 PM
Last Post By Norwoodking
Yesterday 03:08 PM