Like/Regret your HST? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Like/Regret your HST?

To those who had HST done, are you satisfied or you regret doing it? List the reasons regardless of your answer and tell us about your future plans...

I don't really regret it, it gave me a 3 years bridging and framed me back a bit, but for density you need more than one and I would have done another if it was not that much controversed.

It is expensive for what it is, but I can shave 3mm and it looks really ok or let it grow and still be fine, not great...
    The thing is 1) controversed 2) should I keep my money and wait as long as I can until either they HASCI do better or an outsider brings a cutting edge stuff?
    3) at some point if we don't have better, I will go for a second one, to have another 3 years of okeyish situation

Me neither, I had two procedures... but the recipient is not dense and neither are all hairs were placed correctly (there is a group on my left temple, that just grows in the wrong direction). Still I feel that my situation is way better than before and there are no detectable scars on my head.

yep, sometimes I think I should really go and do one or two more and not care so much about the donor because, I would still have plenty of it for when they can make 10 out of 1.

Imagine, you bridge with 3 HST, live a very OK life and then, breaktrough treatment comes, they can really multiply and even redensify your "depleted" donor...

Life is now, not in 8 years... if two or three procedures makes life more comfortable, letting you have a non-bald life...why not?

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    Imagine, you bridge with 3 HST, live a very OK life and then, breaktrough treatment comes, they can really multiply and even redensify your "depleted" donor...
    The problem here is that 1 decent FUE HT would give you almost the same result of 3 HSTs.. Plus you'd save time and money and end up with a better aesthetic look as almost everyone who did HST is complaining about the angles of the transplanted hair which you never see with reputable FUE doctors.

I don't know if anyone still believes in this regeneration claims but I'd assume at this point most people don't as HASCI failed to prove their claims.

The only benifit of going for an HST is the scarless aspect in the donor area. However, sometimes I think we make way big deal out of that as even with current FUE techniques (not the old 1mm ones) the white dots are there but they are not very noticeable when buzzing the hair 0 guard unless you are looking for them. check out below link for an over 3k grafts FUE shaved down to the bone (razor):

http://youtu.be/WErqmysuHqg

The white dots would have been even less noticible if the guy buzzed his hair 0 guard instead of shaving it with a razor

Dr. Claire Higgins (one of Dr. Jahoda's students afaik) basically confirmed that regeneration of the follicle is possible if you cut it horizontally but it grows back SMALLER, thus a smaller hair fibre.

So basically, HST is useless.... and that pretty much settles the debate for GOOD.

Here's her presentation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRanJ7FhtY

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Dr. Claire Higgins (one of Dr. Jahoda's students afaik) basically confirmed that regeneration of the follicle is possible if you cut it horizontally but it grows back SMALLER, thus a smaller hair fibre.

So basically, HST is useless.... and that pretty much settles the debate for GOOD.

Here's her presentation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRanJ7FhtY
    But that would implicate that they'd cut the follicle. On photo's we've seen that they do not even do that. They just extract the whole follicle, like with FUE.

On topic: do I regret my HST ? Well if I could turn back time I'd save the money and just go for a FUE of course. My result is a typical HASCI result: way too thin. Besides that, quite a few hairs are weirdly angled. A good FUE surgeon would have yielded a nicer result for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Besides that, quite a few hairs are weirdly angled. A good FUE surgeon would have yielded a nicer result for sure.
    You're lucky if only "few" hairs were wrongly angled.... My whole grafts were wrongly angled.... My hair lays flat forward on my scalp while all HST grafts sticks up backward. Plus my recipient developed scarring (ringing, lumpy and uneven scalp) which i didn't notice at the beggining until I buzzed my recipient 0 guard recently.... I have read a lot about recipient scars which only used to happen in the mini graft era (more than 10 or 15 years ago) before FU kicked off... However based on my readings they can still happen today if the grafts were transplanted in the wrong way and are growing in the wrong angles.