+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Dr. Claire Higgins (one of Dr. Jahoda's students afaik) basically confirmed that regeneration of the follicle is possible if you cut it horizontally but it grows back SMALLER, thus a smaller hair fibre.

So basically, HST is useless.... and that pretty much settles the debate for GOOD.

Here's her presentation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRanJ7FhtY
    But that would implicate that they'd cut the follicle. On photo's we've seen that they do not even do that. They just extract the whole follicle, like with FUE.

On topic: do I regret my HST ? Well if I could turn back time I'd save the money and just go for a FUE of course. My result is a typical HASCI result: way too thin. Besides that, quite a few hairs are weirdly angled. A good FUE surgeon would have yielded a nicer result for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Besides that, quite a few hairs are weirdly angled. A good FUE surgeon would have yielded a nicer result for sure.
    You're lucky if only "few" hairs were wrongly angled.... My whole grafts were wrongly angled.... My hair lays flat forward on my scalp while all HST grafts sticks up backward. Plus my recipient developed scarring (ringing, lumpy and uneven scalp) which i didn't notice at the beggining until I buzzed my recipient 0 guard recently.... I have read a lot about recipient scars which only used to happen in the mini graft era (more than 10 or 15 years ago) before FU kicked off... However based on my readings they can still happen today if the grafts were transplanted in the wrong way and are growing in the wrong angles.