Bridge to 2018? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bridge to 2018?

Samumed will not complete SM04554 Phase 2 trials until January 2016 (biopsy study). They will require a Phase 3 unless the laws change (haven't yet). Then you add time for the FDA to review/approve. Then how long will it take to get production/distribution ready for commercializing? I highly doubt all this will all happen in less than 12 months. It took them longer to transition from Phase I to Phase II. I cannot see 2016 being realistic.

Maybe 2019. Cosmo is at a similar state and they are projecting release in 2021, and they should already have a version for acne approved & released.

Until then, see dus's post.

I read online that somebody saw the show but I did not see the show myself

I expect SM in 2017, hope for 2016

CB had to have longer phases of trial because it's not for regrowth, like SM, but for prevention. But even that isn't an explanation of such a long time of waiting for CB, if Cosmo can make product with it for acne few years sooner.

When it comes to Follica, I don't know really what to think. In a interview with dr Cotsarelis from 2014, it was said that
    Follica's phase 2 trial completed recently with promising results. But they have insufficient funds to continue with further trials. So at this point everything has been put on hold.
    however:
    full blown cure using Follica's method for an already bald person is still many years away.
    So maybe that 8 years refers to that version of Follica for already bald people?
    (source: http://www.*****************/interact...elis-Interview)

Right but wasn't the phase2 for the wounding mechanism? As I was aware they haven't done any phases regarding the medium which will have FGF/sonic/WNT mainpulation ect. I assume they just do the same process that pilofocus went through in regards to getting FDA approval for the mechanical/chemical wounding process. Wesley didn't have to register on clinicaltrials.gov as I'm aware, but again not certain so please correct me as it will only benefit this thread.

If I'm wrong and infact follica just didn't need to register their clinical trials or I'm looking in the wrong place then please help me out haha.

But yes you are right in saying there could many different treatments. Maybe they have found good results with a medium not including FGF ect, so doesn't really create many new follicles ect. A treatment which would create a full head of hair from bald might need to go all the way back to phase1 hence the 20 million.

Also if anyone is wondering why bother to send people to the congress, just read that link arieux just posted. Desmond and Hell got some amazing information which we would be struggling to get even at this point now.

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    In fact, I heard that today's show "The Doctors" mentioned follica is preparing the cure for baldness but gonna be ready after 8 years, is that right guys ?
    8 years? add at least 2 years of unexpected delays and then we're talking at a 10 year timeframe again. this sucks. follica won't be the first on the market with a cure. their approach is good if it works, but iPS cells is the competing technology, which could be out sooner in japan.

8 or 10 years... pfff... who knows if the world still exists then life is too short to wait for follica and ridiculous FDA timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    Also if anyone is wondering why bother to send people to the congress, just read that link arieux just posted. Desmond and Hell got some amazing information which we would be struggling to get even at this point now.
    It's amazing that some people don't see the value of sending someone to the congress. Of course we should.

Follica did their clinical trials in Europe for treating baldness with wounding.

I didn't watch the show, but note what user mjones wrote here:
    (source:http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/ishr...cago/#comments)
    So I was watching the show The Doctors featuring Dr Oz and he mentioned university of Pennsylvania aka follica that they are in development of a baldness cure around gene therapy. He said this would be out in 8 years. I am not a big fan of Dr oz just because he is known for false advertising but he mentioned follica and if it realky is 8 more years for a treatment to come out then that is just horrible. I hope the wounding technique is a different technique than gene therapy and that it comes out sooner.
    I think there is a misunderstanding in the show, because gene therapy from Pensylvania University must be diffrent project than Follica method. And that ,,8 years'' may be connected to that project.