+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dmso questions

Default Dmso questions

Has anyone here ever used DMSO as a transdermal vehicle? If so, was it successful0?

Also, does anyone know how to or where to purchase this from?

Thanks

DMSO is indeed suitable for transdermal delivery and potent in this. Transdermal means past the dermis though and is meant for systemic distribution of the active substance. Not ideally at all if you want to use a topical on your head.

Hey swooping, your pretty yknowledgeable w all this. Do you think im asking for trouble if i apply some dsmo to my scalp prior to appling a low concentration of OC?

Champpy. Just like I mentioned a DMSO vehicle will make the compound go more systemic. So ask yourself the question is OC safe when it goes systemic? As far as I know it is designed as a oral medication waiting to be launched on the market soon. It has also been involved in several studies. Further research is up to yourself. Safety is something you should really evaluate for yourself.

If you have specific questions about research papers, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics whatsoever you can always ask though. Good luck dude .

Swooping,

What are the alternatives to DMSO if you wish to create a topical formulation that is less likely to go systemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Champpy. Just like I mentioned a DMSO vehicle will make the compound go more systemic. So ask yourself the question is OC safe when it goes systemic? As far as I know it is designed as a oral medication waiting to be launched on the market soon. It has also been involved in several studies. Further research is up to yourself. Safety is something you should really evaluate for yourself.

If you have specific questions about research papers, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics whatsoever you can always ask though. Good luck dude .
    Thanks swoop. I actually recieved a shipment of dmso yesterday and i did try a 1% oc solution with a small amount of dmso mixed in. I just said what the hell and tried it out. Nothing adverse to really report...yet. nothing positive either. Hair still falling out at a rapid pace.

I can say that straight 90% dmso on my wrist area did give a little burn, thats why i used so little in my oc mixture

yeah its normal for dmso to burn/itch a little. I have a 70% gel mixed with aloe that doesn't irritate quite as much if you pat it on instead of rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    yeah its normal for dmso to burn/itch a little. I have a 70% gel mixed with aloe that doesn't irritate quite as much if you pat it on instead of rubbing.
    Barfacan, Can i ask what topicals you are using along w the dmso?

Quote Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    Swooping,

What are the alternatives to DMSO if you wish to create a topical formulation that is less likely to go systemic?
    DMI is an effective penetration enhancer. Could potentially be used in place of dmso

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/dimethy...rbide-dmi.html

I dont use anything for hairloss at the moment. I did use the DMSO for some joint/muscle pain, with success.