+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I too had an HT in August this year and am suffering a large amount of shock loss under my scar in the donor area. I haven't seen your pictures so I can't compare, but I have been told by the same surgery that it will grow back after 3 to 5 months. They assure me that they have seen it before and that it sometimes happens. I am 7 weeks post op, so almost in the same time frame. Keep me posted.

Thanks for sharing, my friend. I am very pleased to report that the donor area suffering from shock loss is beginning to recover. I managed to find a concealer similar to Toppik, which does a FANTASTIC job of covering it up.

I am also pleased to report that I am seeing incredible growth in the recipient area! And I'm only at 3 months post-surgery. My new hairline is now unmistakable. I'm incredibly pleased with the results so far. I can't wait to see what I look like in a few more months.

Hang in there, my friend. The first three months are the hardest. My concealer and black baseball cap from H&W have been my best friends for the last couple of months.

Thank you. I appreciate your support.

UPDATE: I'm past the 4 month mark now. The shock loss from my donor area has almost completely recovered. I've cut my hair short and you can barely see the line. The best part: I no longer have to wear any concealer!

Plus, I have achieved INCREDIBLE growth over the last month. I'm just amazing at my results. I honestly can't stop looking in the mirror. (Before and immediately after surgery, I couldn't stop looking in the mirror, but for the opposite reason). Most importantly, I've got my self-esteem back. I actually feel good about myself. I no longer go to bed at night feeling depressed and awful. I'm actually sleeping better.

These procedures are not cheap by any means. But honestly, it was the best investment I've ever made.

UPDATE: I'm past the 4 month mark now. The shock loss from my donor area has almost completely recovered. I've cut my hair short and you can barely see the line. The best part: I no longer have to wear any concealer!

Plus, I have achieved INCREDIBLE growth over the last month. I'm just amazing at my results. I honestly can't stop looking in the mirror. (Before and immediately after surgery, I couldn't stop looking in the mirror, but for the opposite reason). Most importantly, I've got my self-esteem back. I actually feel good about myself. I no longer go to bed at night feeling depressed and awful. I'm actually sleeping better.

These procedures are not cheap by any means. But honestly, it was the best investment I've ever made.