PILOFOCUS. Have th trials begun? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default PILOFOCUS. Have th trials begun?

Can we get an update please? Dr Wesley or Artista.. Regeneration of donar? There seems to constant delays with this and anything worth while for hairloss.

Artista will only tell us what a brilliant, innovative man Dr. Wesley is and how the trials are starting very soon indeed!!

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    Artista will only tell us what a brilliant, innovative man Dr. Wesley is and how the trials are starting very soon indeed!!
    exactly. artistas posts never have valuable information about pilofocus. always just telling us how great dr. wesley is and that he was one of the few exclusive members who saw the fantastic presentation material about pilofocus.

dr. wesley have to hurry up anyway, if he wants to get a return on investment.
    when stemcells or wounding results in the final cure within the upcoming years, then his pilofocus will be totally useless. i think he has about 3 to 5 years to make some cash with pilofocus, and then it's over.
    not even worth mentioning regeneration as there never will be serious regeneration with pilofocus.
    it's a nice invention and all, but it's coming too late. it will be a huge disappointment in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    dr. wesley have to hurry up anyway, if he wants to get a return on investment.
    when stemcells or wounding results in the final cure within the upcoming years, then his pilofocus will be totally useless. i think he has about 3 to 5 years to make some cash with pilofocus, and then it's over.
    I wish that were true, but it's not. Hair transplants will remain the leading protocol for at least two decades. Nothing in the pipeline will be able to provide the sort of coverage a good HT can. For those with mild to moderate hairloss, pharma solutions MAY be preferred in ten years of so, but those with significant loss (NW 3 - 6) will always need a HT to get a healthy-looking head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    I wish that were true, but it's not. Hair transplants will remain the leading protocol for at least two decades. Nothing in the pipeline will be able to provide the sort of coverage a good HT can. For those with mild to moderate hairloss, pharma solutions MAY be preferred in ten years of so, but those with significant loss (NW 3 - 6) will always need a HT to get a healthy-looking head of hair.
    no way. this is unreasonable pessimistic talk. in 10 years HTs will be outdated and we will laugh about it.
    however, HTs may still be available for next 20 years, they will be offered as alternative for some easy baldness cases (e.g. cover the temples with a few grafts or so). they also have to drop in price radically. only if they are cheaper than stem cell treatments they can survive as alternative for some more years only.

in 2 or 3 years all the last missing pieces are put together and the cure will be feasible, in the lab at least. clinical trials and commercialization is another story though. i think in 5 to 7 years we could have something revolutionary in japan.
    if shisheido is not just making claims we could even see a surprise in 2018 or 2019.

the nightmare will be over soon, guys. just hold on for a few more years.

The comments in this thread are hilarious.

no way. this is unreasonable pessimistic talk. in 10 years HTs will be outdated and we will laugh about it.
    however, HTs may still be available for next 20 years, they will be offered as alternative for some easy baldness cases (e.g. cover the temples with a few grafts or so). they also have to drop in price radically. only if they are cheaper than stem cell treatments they can survive as alternative for some more years only.

in 2 or 3 years all the last missing pieces are put together and the cure will be feasible, in the lab at least. clinical trials and commercialization is another story though. i think in 5 to 7 years we could have something revolutionary in japan.
    if shisheido is not just making claims we could even see a surprise in 2018 or 2019.

No it will not. They said this 10 years ago. Do not get your hopes up. HT's will still be in the forefront of hairloss options even more so because it will be more advanced. We have had finasteride and minoxidil for like 30 years now. Nobody would have ever thought that 10 years ago, that those would stil be the two drugs to use for hairloss.

I hope you're right, but I don't see anything in trials right now that can take a NW6 to a NW1. For that sort of transformation, you're going to need an HT. I think if you have less serious loss - say NW 2.5 or less - then yes, something may be available within the next ten years. Or at least I hope so, being a diffuse NW2.

I agree with you, however - it takes about a five years for a new hair transplant procedure to truly take hold in the marketplace, if the patent-holder aggressively markets and licenses it. At that point, there may well either be some better pharma options available, or near to market. I think these next few years will be the beginning of the end for hair transplant surgeons to make a lot of money, because a generation from now, there will be much less demand for them.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Carlos Wesley, MD's Avatar

Lightbulb

Hi, all.

The Bald Truth recently posted highlights from my lecture delivered in Chicago last week at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery conference.

Here's the link to their thread.

Enjoy!
    Carlos Wesley, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    844-745-6362
    http://www.drcarloswesley.com
    info@drcarloswesley.com

I'm not so sure about the nightmare being over soon. I feel like every bit of information is on the table that all these different teams need. But fitting it all together with the speed at which this stuff has gone in the past worries the hell out of me. I remember 10 years ago at 16 thinking no big deal I'm sure they'll have this figured out when I'm 26. This even reinforced my decision to quit fin around 20 years old, after starting at 16. Well here I sit 6 days from my 27th birthday and I really don't know if we are any closer. A large part of me thinks progress has been made but if nothing is to show for it yet it really doesn't matter. It's getting to the point where I'm actually angry about this. I don't give a shit if the ultimate cure comes when I'm 40. I want it now while I'm still somewhat in my youth. If it takes that long, (13 more years I'll be 40) I will not be jumping up and down for joy when the cure comes out. It will be more of a "about damn time" feeling.Every day is a race against the clock as far as I'm concerned for these teams trying to cure AGA.