+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by paleocapa89 View Post
    retrospective I could not agree more. I have consulted 3 different doctors (all respected) I asked all of them about propecia and non of them told me that it is imperative. I think that shows how deeply corrupted this industry is. (I apologize to the exceptions)
    It has nothing to do with “corruption”, I think at this point in time it’s more about fear. Doctors are afraid to prescribe young guys Propecia because of all the internet backlash and frivolous lawsuits. It’s really a shame. Prepecia works and I do think it’s crazy for anyone to have a hair transplant unless he is on Propecia. He’s being set up for a lifetime of playing catch up. It’s not a smart decision.

Hey man, I don't know if I'm too late to post on this thread but if you see this please let me know. I'm in the exact same situation as you, verbatim. I'm 22 and had a HT when I was 20. Wish I could take it all back. Only difference between us is that I had the FUT method so I have a pretty massive (and poorly done) linear scar. did your situation improve over the last 2 years? How did you cope with everything? I don't know what to do.

Hello friend,

I read your story and I consider myself very limited in knowledge so I will not comment about the hair specifically. I am 10 days post op from an FUE of 4200 grafts (with another procedure planned after 6 months to address the crown). I am 28 years old and started losing my hair when I was about 19, which shattered my confidence for some time.

My only advice to you is that you need to build self-confidence completely independent of your hair. There is more to confidence than appearance. I suggest you work out and set fitness goals for yourself. This helped me improve my confidence and I hope you find something that will do the same for you.

There is more to life than hair. You need to train your mind to dismiss the negative thoughts. It will be a slow process to overcome these negative feelings and ideas, but the more you entertain them, the more of a burden they will be. Please reach out to me if you would like to chat in private or need someone to help motivate you.

I know i am replying to these years later but i am now going through this same nightmare, I’m 3 months post op and my hairs are sticking outward like cat hairs, and even worse than your situation, i also got a beard transplant done and all the hairs are sticking out like cat whiskers, and i have scars under each graft. This heartache and depression is beyond anything i thought existed. It’s now 2018, did you attempt to remove your transplant or fix it yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost88 View Post
    I know i am replying to these years later but i am now going through this same nightmare, I’m 3 months post op and my hairs are sticking outward like cat hairs, and even worse than your situation, i also got a beard transplant done and all the hairs are sticking out like cat whiskers, and i have scars under each graft. This heartache and depression is beyond anything i thought existed. It’s now 2018, did you attempt to remove your transplant or fix it yet ?
    Three months post op is early days to be honest. Some hairs poke the wrong way for ages then seem to correct themselves
    Why dont you put some good quality pictures up. I am sure you will get some good advice from members of this forum and doctors reps
    who have been in similar situations.

Did you have scalp hair to beard or beard to scalp? A detailed breakdown and pictures will help you get some sound advice
    Keep positive man
    ej

Ive never heard of transplanted hairs randomly correcting themselves after time. I’ve seen many surgeons say that the way they are growing is the way they will be because that is the way the incision was made and due to poor graft placement my hairs and sticking out like cat whiskers. Unfortunately for me i got a hairline transplant and a facial hair transplant due so my life is REALLY ruined. I have cat whiskers on my entire chin and some of my chin. Has anyone heard of electrolysis working on a beard transplant ? I’m really hoping i can remove the cat whiskers sticking out of my chin and get rid of my bad looking hairs and i rather live with the scars on my chin instead. I hope i can fix this somewhow, cause i can’t live life like this forever. How do you post pictures on here ?

Click reply then go advanced it gives you the option to upload pictures from there.