+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I used to smoke occasionally but I have quit 2-3 months before the procedure and havent smoked since.

My only concern is being able to undo it sometime in the future, I am fed up with hair loss and the whole industry that is bulit around people's insecurities and misery.

I am really terrified that the skin wont heal smooth and I will be scarred for life.

I think you should seriously just relax and take a breath. I see zero indications of a disaster here and frankly, your healing looks normal. The recipient area looks a bit red and angry but this is from the ingrown hairs and foliculitis that can and often does develop between two and five months. This is the healing phase and many people call it the ugly duckly stage. The extraction pattern is nicely spread out. Regarding your hairline I see some asymmetry on the right side of the image but this is normal for two reasons.

1. The right side normally recedes more than the left (I believe this is north of 90% of all patients).

2. No one's face is perfectly symmetrical so if one tries to make the hairline symmetrical they'll fail miserably.

I've always told patients that the growth isn't expected to even begin till somewhere between 3 months and 5 months. I'm not telling you this just to make you feel better. I've dealt with thousands of patients and I simply think the only real problem here is that the clinic didn't educate you before surgery like they should have.

Try to be patient and give the result the time it deserves to come in.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Exactly what Joe has just said - Early days so try not put the cart before the horse. Long long way to go!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thank you for the support, but I honestly think that something is wrong with my healing. Maybe it is caused by the poor surgical skills maybe its me, maybe both, I don't know. Now my only goal is to heal the best possible way so down the road I will be able to shave my head after some repair.

My main concern currently is my red and bumpy sometimes itchy recipient area. My recipient never looked good since the operation but I was always told by the clinic that it is normal. I never had trouble with healing before. I can't trust my clinic anymore. (among other reasons, they talked me into a 2500 graft fue to the front, not warning me about my ongoing thinning in a norwood 5 area) I have been hiding from the world for 3 months now and became depressed. I have just read Dr. William Lindsey's post about itchiness and hypertrophic scarring ( Itchy Scalp Post Hair Transplant: Should I Be Concerned? | Hair Loss Q & A ) and became very concerned. My donor also look like crap.

I would like to reach out to the experienced forum members and doctors to get a second opinion. Since I could not upload the high-res pictures, I added a link to my picasa album, please check it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1126406...eat=directlink

I also need advice who to turn to for a possible personal consultation in Europe who I can trust and who can evaluate my case and help me heal the best possible way, so I can achieve my goal and put this horrible mistake behind me.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by paleocapa89 View Post
    I would like to reach out to the experienced forum members and doctors to get a second opinion.
    Thank you
    Joe and Spex are the most experienced forum members

Quote Originally Posted by paleocapa89 View Post
    Thank you for the support, but I honestly think that something is wrong with my healing.
    I do too. Most folks don't look like that after three months. Like perviously stated, schedule an appointment with a dermatologist, and be sure to tell him of all medications you have taken or are taking.

if you are not willing to take propecia, don't bother having a hair transplant, it's as simple as that.

that should have been a HUGE red flag to your doctor, he/she should have explained it to you....and in that way I would agree that he/she made a poor medical decision and counseling to their patient..

retrospective I could not agree more. I have consulted 3 different doctors (all respected) I asked all of them about propecia and non of them told me that it is imperative. I think that shows how deeply corrupted this industry is. (I apologize to the exceptions)

None of them told you "it is imperative" because you are a young person who wants to take a medication for an enlarged prostate. I'm sorry, but you have it completely backwards. If the industry was as corrupt as you just said it was, they would be telling you to take Propecia, and would probably have a close relationship with the drug maker.

They are not corrupt if they do not tell you to take a medication that has side effects and is generally prescribed for men past the age of 50.

I'm amazed at how it is generally accepted wisdom that young guys should be taking medication for an enlarged prostate, all because they think it will keep their hair. Use Rogaine foam.

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    generally prescribed for men past the age of 50.
    What are you talking about?

5MG Finasteride (Proscar name brand) has been FDA approved for nearly 24 year for enlarged prostate and is typically prescribed for older men.

1MG Finasteride (Propecia name brand) has been FDA approved for nearly 19 years for hair loss and prescribed for men over age 18.

The corruption is when hair transplant doctors don't tell you to use Propecia because they know you'll be a return customer wanting future hair transplants because you've continued to lose more and more hair. Minoxidil is far less effective and for some guys like me who used Minoxidil religiously for 3 years it's completely ineffective.