+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About Kerastem

Default About Kerastem

I tried emailing their main office in San Diego but I can't get an email address. Does anyone have an email address for these people? I would like to ask them if they have found a way to keep the adipose cells in the target tissue. The problem with these adipose cell treatments is that these cells migrate out of the injected area VERY rapidly.
    I would like to ask them some questions if someone has an email address for them.

Hi nameless,

I don't have the email your looking for, but maybe an answer to the "migration" issue.
    In fact, kerastem is available in some countries (Switzerland, Japan, Serbia, Spain) and i am currently trying to get infos to make my mind about it.

Below you will find the experience of Christopher, and the answer to your question.

http://www.*************/hair-loss/b...ategory-1.html

I quote
    "You are also correct that the biggest concern is the migration of stem cells out of the scalp in a rapid fashion. This is why one half of the fat was injected back to the scalp, as a means of further attempting to keep the stem cells in place. Keep in mind this fat also has active stem cells as well. I was told that this is the latest thinking on the procedure, not a mistake. The doctor is highly qualified. The outcome remains to be"

edaniels@kerastem.com

I guess its the contact you are looking for.
    Please, keep me updated.

Hi - i'm booked in for appointment at the Belgrade clinic next week (Belgrade is one of the 3 or 4 clinics affiliated with Kerastem)

I did ask the same question to their doctor (Dr Katarina) re Stems staying in adipose tissue, and she said that what they know for sure is that stem cells will secrete some growth factors when injected locally and will promote some follicle regeneration. So, it is not important for them to “stay” there all the time; more important is that they provoke different actions that will improve the hair growth and the quality of existing follicles.

I guess time will tell... i'll be taking baseline photos then updates at 3/6/9/12 mths.

Thanks