• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sets
    • Jun 2015

kerastem news with pictures!

• DeuceWillis
    • Feb 2014

Man that's impressive, I'd take those results any day!

Comment

• Jagger
      • Mar 2015

Those pictures actually look pretty good. One year? Not bad. See ya in 10 years.

Comment

• Sogeking
        • Feb 2011

The authors reported a 100% patient response rate to the Kerastem Therapy at 6-months and in patients with early stage hair loss, the percentage increase in hair count/density was a mean difference of 17% (p = 0.02). In males with early grade loss, an average 29% increase (p=0.057) in hair count/hair density with a mean difference of 40 hairs per square centimeter was observed.
        If this is true this is actually solid! Since it was a single injection, multiple ones might yield even better results. They do specify it is mostly for early onset hair loss.
        Their Phase 2 should end in US in June 2017. So it seems 2019. seems like a realistic year for release to market.
        My only worry is if I will still be an early hair loss patient in 2019. Something tells me I won't be in that category.

Comment

• nameless
          • Feb 2013

All I saw was 2 before and after pics. I would like to see all of the before and after pics.

Also, the stem cell practitioners I'm talking to are telling me that when Adipose stem cells are injected into a target area (in this case the scalp) they migrate out of that area within a few weeks. If the cells migrate out of the injected area within a few weeks I can't understand how the treatment could possibly work. Keep in mind that these adipose cells grow hair by emitting growth factors to the follicles in their local area so if the adipose cells migrate out of the target area they can't emit growth factors to the follicles in the target area.

Also, we have had multiple posters here who have paid clinicians for Adipose stem cell injections in the scalp with no positive benefit. Not one poster who had the treatment is reporting any positive results.

Comment

• nameless
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Sogeking
            If this is true this is actually solid! Since it was a single injection, multiple ones might yield even better results. They do specify it is mostly for early onset hair loss.
            Their Phase 2 should end in US in June 2017. So it seems 2019. seems like a realistic year for release to market.
            My only worry is if I will still be an early hair loss patient in 2019. Something tells me I won't be in that category.
            One of the pics shows a patient who is not an early hair loss patient. He is more midway than early.

My big concern is that they are claiming that they are getting these results with adipose stem cell injections and we have had posters who got adipose stem cells injections and not one of those posters is reporting any positive benefit. Also, clinicians/researchers are reporting that injected adipose stem cells are migrating out of the injected/target area within a couple weeks so it's IMPOSSIBLE to imagine how these injected cells could possibly grow hair. Keep in mind that adipose stem cells grow hair by emitting growth factors to the follicles local to those adipose stem cells. If the adipose stem cells migrate out of the scalp tissue then the growth factors they emit won't reach the follicles in the scalp so those follicles won't get the growth factors they need to grow. Sorry.

Comment

• Tenma
              • Nov 2013

A 30% regrowth is a very good number given our current choices. Lets hope they confirm this trend in the phase II trial

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                • Feb 2015

Yeah nameless has a good point. Adipose derived stem cells have been used by members with no avail. The result pics were like three lol and of course the women had good regrowth, but that's only if the EXACTLY parted the hair 100% as they did in the before photos (unlikely). The guy was semi gone hair wise and did show way darker and a little more hair after only 1 injection which is amazing. 1 treatment is literally nothing and at his loss stage, even maintaining would have been nice, but he looks a lot better off. I know in 12 months my hair is going to look real shitty lol so that holds some promise. Just have to wait and see like always.

Comment

• joachim
                  • May 2014

nah! not again the adipose crap.

let's wait for the clinical results though, but i smell scam and clever marketing here.
                  fat cells which send some growth factors should restore damaged follicles? very unlikely. growth factors alone isn't the key. that's why histogen also doesn't lead to serious results.

stem cells (multiplication) or wounding are the only reasonable approaches. everything else is doomed to fail.

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by joachim
                    nah! not again the adipose crap.

let's wait for the clinical results though, but i smell scam and clever marketing here.
                    fat cells which send some growth factors should restore damaged follicles? very unlikely. growth factors alone isn't the key. that's why histogen also doesn't lead to serious results.

stem cells (multiplication) or wounding are the only reasonable approaches. everything else is doomed to fail.

Well, that just goes to show how little your opinion is worth because in nature the body grows hair via adipose stem cell growth factors and nothing more. So basically, you don't know what you're talking about because right before your very eyes nature is already doing what you say can't be done.

The only reason I don't like this new treatment is because they haven't proved they've found a way to keep the adipose stem cells in the target tissue. They migrate out of there VERY rapidly.

Comment

• Sogeking
                      • Feb 2011

So I went to check a bit further about this. Pics seem real at least the one of the guy. The study results seem real. On the other hand this is supposedly approved in the EU. They even listed some clinics on their page. Not sure if those clinics offer STYLE. I'm gonna check further send some emails later in the week. But yeah it stinks somewhat.

The studies they are referencing in their Phase 2 trials relate to adipose fat cells enhanced with some growth factors like IGF-1 and VEGF. Yeah not much confidence boosting. The burden of proof is on them though.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

The results are meh.

IF these results are "standard" (i.e. 90%+ of users see this result or better), than I'd be really happy.

My guess is more like 10% or less see a result this good, and they posted the best they have.

Still, better than no new, but not the most exciting thing ever.

Comment

• cannonball
                          • Feb 2011

Actually I mentioned that in another thread on here... but some weeks ago I called Svenson in Spain about this treatment. I had to call them twice as on the first call the secretary didn't know about Kerastem or anything involved with adipose derived cells and on the second call the doctor neither knew anything about it. They tried to cell prp tough...

Comment

Working...