+ Reply to Thread

Cool Dr De Reys vs Dr Hakan Doganay - Who is better from your opinion?

I have finally decided to go for an FUE hair transplant. It took me a whole two years to decide in taking this step!! I am 30 years old at a NW4 and my hair loss has stopped at that point, which is a good time for me to get my transplant.

After searching for the BEST FUE doctors on forums like here, I ended up with the following 2 doctos:

- Dr De Reys (Belgium)
    - Dr Hakan Doganay (Turkey)

I am quite not sure which doctor is better.. As both seem very professional and I really like their work.

So I sent them both an email requesting an approximate cost (Which is based on the approximate grafts required)

I was quite surprised that both doctors gave me a different graft range. Dr Hakan recommended around 4000 grafts while Dr Reys recommended around 2600 grafts.

I would understand if the difference in grafts between both doctors is within the 10-20% range...

What do you think?? Who would you choose if you were in my place? I am quite lost to be honest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joerazor View Post
    I have finally decided to go for an FUE hair transplant. It took me a whole two years to decide in taking this step!! I am 30 years old at a NW4 and my hair loss has stopped at that point, which is a good time for me to get my transplant.

After searching for the BEST FUE doctors on forums like here, I ended up with the following 2 doctos:

- Dr De Reys (Belgium)
    - Dr Hakan Doganay (Turkey)

I am quite not sure which doctor is better.. As both seem very professional and I really like their work.

So I sent them both an email requesting an approximate cost (Which is based on the approximate grafts required)

I was quite surprised that both doctors gave me a different graft range. Dr Hakan recommended around 4000 grafts while Dr Reys recommended around 2600 grafts.

I would understand if the difference in grafts between both doctors is within the 10-20% range...

What do you think?? Who would you choose if you were in my place? I am quite lost to be honest.

Thanks
    I've been to both. De Reys is all done by himself basically. You can do around 1000 grafts per day and it lasts from 9am in the morning through to 7pm at night [Both days].

Hakan has a whole team. He uses the implant pen. 2300 grafts only took around 5 hours. It seemed rushed but then I was fairly aware the whole time. Not long since the transplant though so we'll see with the results.

For whats it's worth I've also had strip. Far less pain. On par with Doganay in terms of speed. Better yield than De Reys. A strip scar however is unavoidable.

I guess it depends on your pain threshold. I don't think I could sit through two 10 hours days again. I don't have the will power anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    I've been to both. De Reys is all done by himself basically. You can do around 1000 grafts per day and it lasts from 9am in the morning through to 7pm at night [Both days].

Hakan has a whole team. He uses the implant pen. 2300 grafts only took around 5 hours. It seemed rushed but then I was fairly aware the whole time. Not long since the transplant though so we'll see with the results.

For whats it's worth I've also had strip. Far less pain. On par with Doganay in terms of speed. Better yield than De Reys. A strip scar however is unavoidable.

I guess it depends on your pain threshold. I don't think I could sit through two 10 hours days again. I don't have the will power anymore.
    Interesting. I've always wondered if my yield could have been better, but I don't think you can really get more for the 2000 grafts (4500 hairs) I got on my whole NW5 area.

95% of the transplanted hairs are probably there.

You would think that the yield would be better if the transplantation was done more rapidly, but this doesn't seem to be the case. This confirms that grafts survive a long time out of the body.

I would recommend De Reys of course. Read my HT log if you want to know why: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...d-NW5-from-DPA

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Interesting. I've always wondered if my yield could have been better, but I don't think you can really get more for the 2000 grafts (4500 hairs) I got on my whole NW5 area.

95% of the transplanted hairs are probably there.

You would think that the yield would be better if the transplantation was done more rapidly, but this doesn't seem to be the case. This confirms that grafts survive a long time out of the body.

I would recommend De Reys of course. Read my HT log if you want to know why: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...d-NW5-from-DPA
    De Reys was great. As I haven't had the results from Doganay yet, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend De Reys. The yield was still solid. My only advice would be to request oral pain killers prior to the procedure & extra lidocaine just in case.

There are a few patients [Myself included] who don't respond too well to local anaesthetic. For a good four hours on both days I felt every single puncture during the implantation. An 11/10 pain wise.

Subsequently prior to my strip procedure I was given oral pain killers & a few extra shots of lidocaine. I was sleepy for the duration and didn't feel anything.

One other aspect worth noting: Doganay was rarely present during the procedure. The techs performed the extraction and the majority of the implantation. It has me somewhat worried about future yield, but having solid growth from two prior procedures the ensuing days seemed to mimic my past results [Scabbing, shedding etc followed a similar timeline].