+ Reply to Thread

Smile New Crowdfunding Site for Anti-Aging Biotech (hair loss therapies could fit!)

Hey all,

We've batted around the idea of crowdfunding for a while now on these forums, so I want to bring to our attention a new platform I helped create, Lifespan.io, which is dedicated specifically to biomedical research focusing on anti-aging and rejuvenation technology, which could potentially include some hair loss related research.

With the right project I think something like this could really help us out; not just by raising money but also by getting more people knowledgeable and involved. For example our first campaign to repair damage in mitochondria has already raised almost $15,000 from over 150 backers in just 2 weeks: http://www.lifespan.io/campaigns/sen...epair-project/

Anyway, no pressure of course: I just wanted to put this out there so everyone knows it's an option.

Grow a hair from scratch on a human scalp and then we'll back you. Nobody is going to throw money at a 'potential cure' because we've heard this line from snake oil scam artists for the last 30 years.

It's worth noting that all potential projects are vetted by our executive and scientific advisory boards, which includes biotechnology luminaries such as George Church (Human Genome Project), and David Sincliar (Resveratrol). Related info here: http://www.lifespan.io/fiscal-sponsorship/

And it's not "us" you'd be backing, but the project. So basically what I'm saying is, if there is an experiment that the community here feels would be valuable to be conducted, and for which the researcher does not have sufficient funds — here is a potential solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotopia View Post
    It's worth noting that all potential projects are vetted by our executive and scientific advisory boards, which includes biotechnology luminaries such as George Church (Human Genome Project), and David Sincliar (Resveratrol). Related info here: http://www.lifespan.io/fiscal-sponsorship/

And it's not "us" you'd be backing, but the project. So basically what I'm saying is, if there is an experiment that the community here feels would be valuable to be conducted, and for which the researcher does not have sufficient funds — here is a potential solution.
    Won't work as well as you want it to because its too fragmented.

Also, Resveratrol is completely useless for hair so not sure why that should lend David Sinclair any more credibility (in fact, it only deters me from taking part in the initiative). Put George Cotsarelis, Dr. Roland Lauster or Colin Jahoda on the list and I'm willing to listen.

Basically a kickstarter.com for bio techs

Nice Scotopia, strategies like RepleniSENS and ApoptoSENS fit perfectly in relation to androgenetic alopecia.

That said, we lack researchers lol.

Hmmm. Could we not decide to pick a researcher? And then show them the support they would have If they did a certain thing with the Money? I know people wanted to fund Lauster and you had the option to chose which area the money went to ect so we would atleast know where the money is going and we know a forum member isn't going to run off with it :')

Right; I'm just saying if there is a research project already out there that the community wants to move forward but which lacks funding, keep this in mind.