PRP ended my young looks forever it seems - Page 5 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Navi has anything gotten better for you? I had the same thing

Navi, I had PRP and the same experience. Did the shedding ever stop?

Quote Originally Posted by HarpreetSingh View Post
    I also had a same experience after doing PRP.
    Harpeet Singh do you have any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelonglearning View Post
    Had the same experience from PRP
    What happened in your experience?

The amount of peer reviewed data that has come out in the last year about the consistency of effectiveness of PRP is pretty promising, as are the reviews on realself. Even in patients who didn't use acell, microneedling, double spins, preactivation, etc. Also seems to be some newer research that suggests using a younger donor's platelets instead of your own would have higher growth factor concentrations and be more effective, so the age you are having this done seems to matter quite a bit as well.

Makes me suspect the experiences in this thread are more anecdotal, similar to how finasteride and dut work for most, but the threads and forums tend to attract those with more extreme experiences.

It does seem that people in the early stages of hair loss benefit from far more than
    the later stages. I often wonder if PRP only helps people who are younger because
    their bodies are still healthy enough to get benefits.

I also don't think PRP deserves the reputation it gets. It's not a cure. It shouldn't be
    taken as such.

Unfortunately medications that seemed to hold a lot of promise, like Histogen, are now
    targeting skin, and wrinkles, and not so much hair anymore.

I really don't feel optimistic for future treatments. I just don't. I wish it wasn't true.

Guys, this is happening cause your dumbass doctors and including agents in the mix and not simple plasma platelets. they trying to use some new fancy biotin or someother crap in the plasma mix before injecting in your scalp. I would strongly suggest dont freaking let them...... a quick gist of where am i am coming from on this : Used simpel PRP procedure for two years, paid a bomb and then thought of doing it by myself at home. have finished 4 sessions and its simple no shedding no freaking out - it always works. PRP is better than anything else you might be thinking of using or are using. another thread calling PRP at home is going on here, check itout if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    I had it done in 2015, i had a huge shed at that time and i decided not to have the third session, my hairline receded pretty much due to that shed but i kept on using minoxidil.Now after two years , hairline has only gotten worse.Since I am still shedding, I have no idea if this is still PRP in action or MPB progression.But for the advice, don,t go with prp , it is useless.
    The BOTTOM LINE (PRP is useless). It's nothing but a scam. Another way for "doctors" to rip desperate men off and put more money into their (doctors') pockets. This procedure doesn't make any sense in any way. SAVE YOUR MONEY, people.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post

I really don't feel optimistic for future treatments. I just don't. I wish it wasn't true.
    The only treatments -if any- we might ever have will be (discovered) by accident and not through "research". We can "hope" all we want and we can be "optimistic" all we want but that still will NOT change anything. 2014 was supposed to be THE year (for a "cure" ) !!! 4 years past that year and not only do we not have anything, but those companies that held so much promise no longer exist or they're into other stuff.

Simple, get an HT (if meds don't work for you), or shave your head or..... just give up and go bald. These are your only options -other than a wig- for the foreseeable future (probably the next 30 years at least). There is NOTHING, NOTHING they have that points to any breakthrough in the hair loss field any time soon. They're as close to a "cure/breakthrough" now as they were 40 years ago.

you guys should stop this threat cause it just sounds sad..... do your research find a good doctor from references with your issue type and take a bet. No cure for baldness is there - we all know that, but you can take preventive measures or atleast delay the entire process.

God speed and best of luck !

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    The only treatments -if any- we might ever have will be (discovered) by accident and not through "research". We can "hope" all we want and we can be "optimistic" all we want but that still will NOT change anything. 2014 was supposed to be THE year (for a "cure" ) !!! 4 years past that year and not only do we not have anything, but those companies that held so much promise no longer exist or they're into other stuff.

Simple, get an HT (if meds don't work for you), or shave your head or..... just give up and go bald. These are your only options -other than a wig- for the foreseeable future (probably the next 30 years at least). There is NOTHING, NOTHING they have that points to any breakthrough in the hair loss field any time soon. They're as close to a "cure/breakthrough" now as they were 40 years ago.