+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

@lifelonglearning-Are u expecting more hair to regrow now?When did you have prp and how are you dealing with the lost hair?

I have been getting PRP treatments regularly for over 6 years now with Dr. Greco and I've been able to maintain my hair and grow some hair in the hairline as well. I have been on finasteride for almost 8 and a half years and take one dutasteride pill a week.

Each time I recieved a PRP treatment there seems to be a shedding phase, however, it seems to be getting slightly shorter with each treatment. I have a tendency to shed when making any changes to my regime and I noticed a lot of shedding when I first started Propecia years ago.

I understand the frustration when going through a shedding phase. Everyone is different and I have heard of people taking Minoxidil and only experience the infamous dread shed and never recover, even after continous treatment. I don't believe Dr. Greco is doing anything unethical and he's always been sincere and transparent with me personally.

Keep pushing through and try and keep the stress under control, the last thing you want is TE caused by additional stress. You will most likely get through this and it's important you stay positive and don't lose hope. I think you will be ok!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannakeephair1674 View Post
    I have been getting PRP treatments regularly for over 6 years now with Dr. Greco and I've been able to maintain my hair and grow some hair in the hairline as well. I have been on finasteride for almost 8 and a half years and take one dutasteride pill a week.

Each time I recieved a PRP treatment there seems to be a shedding phase, however, it seems to be getting slightly shorter with each treatment. I have a tendency to shed when making any changes to my regime and I noticed a lot of shedding when I first started Propecia years ago.

I understand the frustration when going through a shedding phase. Everyone is different and I have heard of people taking Minoxidil and only experience the infamous dread shed and never recover, even after continous treatment. I don't believe Dr. Greco is doing anything unethical and he's always been sincere and transparent with me personally.

Keep pushing through and try and keep the stress under control, the last thing you want is TE caused by additional stress. You will most likely get through this and it's important you stay positive and don't lose hope. I think you will be ok!
    No disrespect intended but your anecdotal experience is made even more irrelevant by the fact that you are on 5ar inhibitors.

thanks for the reply iwannakeephair.I understand but to be honest ur case is slightly difficult to corelate since u are already using propecia and duestride.did u at any point notice better results from prp ,like u started six years ago ,did ur results improve over that of finastride after u had prp 6 years back?

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    No disrespect intended but your anecdotal experience is made even more irrelevant by the fact that you are on 5ar inhibitors.
    LMS, my intention isn't to prove if PRP works or not as I've been only doing these treatments for my sole benefit. You're right that I'm on DHT inhibitors but I did notice improvement after PRP in the areas where we hit hard. Regardless of that, the intention of my previous post was to help the poster who was stressing about shedding.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I noticed shedding after each treatment, but it seemed to get shorter each time and my hair seemed to improve around the 3 month mark. So for me and my pure anecdotal account, it works for me.

I rarely post on the forums anymore, but I'm happy with PRP and not changing what has continued to work for me.

@Dr Cole- When would this shedding end? I had two prp sessions done 4 months back and until now shedding has not stopped.I am now afraid that I will go completely bald due to the two prp session i had, i am seriously depressed about it now.

I have been using minoxidil , capixyl and taking saw palmetto before and after prp sessions.However, they dont seem to work anymore ,thanks to prp. Please advice doctor cole when can i expect to see my lost hair back or is it gone forever now?Thanks in advance.

@Dr Cole- When would this shedding end? I had two prp sessions done 4 months back and until now shedding has not stopped.I am now afraid that I will go completely bald due to the two prp session i had, i am seriously depressed about it now.

I have been using minoxidil , capixyl and taking saw palmetto before and after prp sessions.However, they dont seem to work anymore ,thanks to prp. Please advice doctor cole when can i expect to see my lost hair back or is it gone forever now?Thanks in advance.

Hi Magster,
    what is ur status now? I am still shedding after 5 months of prp session, i am so so disappointed with having gone with it, now my crown has gone almost bald and people and girls have started to comment, i am so depressed!

hi.. i m 29 yr old... 8 months back i underwent one session of hair transplant by FUT method... that restored my frontal line somehow,, but crown is the unsolved problem... my consultant advised PRP therapy for the same... or to increase the density overall... Is PRP really effective... wat r the alternatives, medical/non medical, for the crown thing..?

Quote Originally Posted by rhtsmt View Post
    hi.. i m 29 yr old... 8 months back i underwent one session of hair transplant by FUT method... that restored my frontal line somehow,, but crown is the unsolved problem... my consultant advised PRP therapy for the same... or to increase the density overall... Is PRP really effective... wat r the alternatives, medical/non medical, for the crown thing..?
    My personal opinion and its worth what you paid for it! I wouldn't personally consider PRP. Its to unproven and its also pretty expensive for not guaranteeing any results. At the very least try rogaine and propecia first. Maybe even Dust. then if you are still getting worse you could consider PRP.