+ Reply to Thread

Default Fin side effects

Hi all,
    I consider having an HT and one of the recommendations is start using Propecia. Until now I was afraid using it due to the sides it has - gyno, ED, prostate cancer risk etc...
    I would like to get some honest advice.

1. How is it possible that it is specified that Propecia causes side effects to 2% of the people who use it, while I see in forums that almost everyone(!) got sides from it? It doesn't make any sense. By the info in the forums, its about 80% chance to suffer side effects from Fin.

2. And one more question - consuming Finax (instead of Propecia) got the same effect in terms of results?

Thank you

Seriously 103 views and 0 replies?
    There are a LOT of fin users in this community. Please help me with your advice, share your knowledge and experience. Who suffered from side effects? who didn't? How did it affect you?
    It is very important to me.

really all you can do it try it for yourself, and see if you have sides or not, or to what extent the sides are. if the sides are too much to handle, then get off of it. but you won't really know what fin will do for you both positively and negatively, till you try it yourself. so while you are waiting for ppl to reply, u should be getting a script from your doc and trying it yourself.

no idea what the hell finax is

The side effects for finasteride users is definitely higher than 2%, any one on here will agree with that. The significant thing is what are the side effects and how long do they last? I had decreased libido for like 2 weeks and now my libido is back to normal. I had watery semen for a little bit and that is going away. It is as it is with any drug, based on personal physiology. I started off with a small does, 1mg every other day and monitored the side effects. Now I take 2.5 mg a day and I am fine, although, after 6 months I don't know if it is doing anything but making me lose more hair.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    The side effects for finasteride users is definitely higher than 2%, any one on here will agree with that. The significant thing is what are the side effects and how long do they last? I had decreased libido for like 2 weeks and now my libido is back to normal. I had watery semen for a little bit and that is going away. It is as it is with any drug, based on personal physiology. I started off with a small does, 1mg every other day and monitored the side effects. Now I take 2.5 mg a day and I am fine, although, after 6 months I don't know if it is doing anything but making me lose more hair.
    James, there's really not much use in taking more than 1.25mg of Finasteride daily. That's pretty much the limit of what it is capable of in terms DHT inhibition. If that's still not working then you could consider Dut.

1. The percentage of side effects are far higher than 2%. But you need to keep in mind that side effects differ. The percentage of people that get a loss in libido and have watery sperm will be much higher than the percentage of the people that get gyno, ED and/or upregulation.

The percentages of those are very small, and the only way to find out is to try it yourself. I did it too and was one of the people in a very small percentages that got upregulation.

That's not to scare you. Finasteride is the only option you got, try it.

2. Can't speak for that, since I don't know it.