New Research: "Bald People Have Worse Sperm; bald virility is a myth" bald = subhuman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balding95
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by tipsfedora
    So basically 70% of males are subhuman ?
    Nothing wrong with balding in your 40s or 50s like a lot of that 70%. teens though? Not as fair, or anywhere near as easy, no we definitely couldn't bury our heads in the sand.

Comment

• Balding95
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by tipsfedora
      So basically 70% of males are subhuman ?
      Nothing wrong with balding in your 40s or 50s like a lot of that 70%. teens though? Not as fair, or anywhere near as easy, no we definitely couldn't bury our heads in the sand.

Comment

• jamesst11
        • Jun 2014

ummm.... then, if baldness is genetic, why are there so many bald people on the planet?

Comment

• nameless
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Balding95

i get a big kick out of hypocrites like you who can always find a reason why it's OK for someone other than yourself to suffer some negative fate. I mean here you are whining and sniveling about your hair loss while out of the other side of your mouth you're also deciding that people older than you should basically accept baldness gracefully. Why is that? Why is it Ok that someone in his 40's should have to accept baldness gracefully but you shouldn't have to? What makes you special? Nothing. You're just another hypocrite on a planet full of hypocrites.

Comment

• Killmenow
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by nameless
            i get a big kick out of hypocrites like you who can always find a reason why it's OK for someone other than yourself to suffer some negative fate. I mean here you are whining and sniveling about your hair loss while out of the other side of your mouth you're also deciding that people older than you should basically accept baldness gracefully. Why is that? Why is it Ok that someone in his 40's should have to accept baldness gracefully but you shouldn't have to? What makes you special? Nothing. You're just another hypocrite on a planet full of hypocrites.
            It's my first forum post so hello fellow balding people!!

I totally agree with you. I'm 23 yo and balding freaking bad at the temples. Hate my life and am trying to find some way to like myself to keep on going. To make things worse, there is not a single person on my mother or fathers side of the family with any hair loss whatsoever (all grandparents passed away with freaking nw2s

So it sucks balding young, but I'm sure it sucks just as bad at 40.

How the f is there not a cure for this sh1t by now? We can implant dreaming heart monitors in someone but we can't implant fake hair into a scalp? Someone clue me in on how hard the cure has to be, because apparently it will not happen while I still have hair.

Anyway sorry to digress, but I'm very empathetic, and I know it has to be bad losing hair at any point of your life.

Comment

• Ahab
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by epipapilla
              This study means jack! If bald men really did have lower fertility rates than non bald men then bald men would be a dying breed! That is to say, that according to "survival of the fittest" theory of evolution, there would be less bald people in the world, and bald men would certainly be less prevalent in our world today.

@ NeedHairASAP, the title of your username should be changed to NeedSenseASAP!

To be describing bald men as being "subhuman" is totally out of order!
              The study was of prematurely bald men--i.e., men who go bald young. Young bald men are comparatively rare. Therefore, it is likely men who go bald young are slowly going extinct.

Comment

• Ahab
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                Assessment of semen quality in patients with androgenetic alopecia in an infertility clinic

Abstract
                Background
                Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is a common cause of hair loss in men. It is associated with the risk of cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome. Additionally, it is suggested that premature AGA could be considered equivalent to that of polycystic ovary syndrome in women.

Objective
                The aim of this study was to examine the relation between AGA and the quality of semen.

Methods
                The semen specimens were collected from 203 young adult men included in the study. AGA was classified according to the Hamilton baldness scale, modified by Norwood. All participants were classified into two categories: normal to mild AGA (equivalent to Norwood types I–II) as Group I and moderate to severe AGA (equivalent to Norwood types III–VII) as Group II to assess the difference in the quality of sperms between the two groups.

Results
                There were no statistically significant differences in the men's age and body mass index scores among the groups. For both Groups I and II, the history of smoking and varicocele was not statistically different (p = 0.62 and p = 0.11, respectively). All parameters of sperm including volume, density, motility, and morphology were significantly lower in participants with moderate to severe AGA than those with normal to mild AGA (p < 0.01, p < 0.01, p < 0.01, and p < 0.01, respectively).

Conclusion
                This study showed that young adult men with moderate to severe AGA have poor quality of semen compared with those who have normal to mild AGA.
                1) Poor quality semen or poor quality sperm?
                2) Poor semen may be an acquired and not genetically determined result of premature baldness, possibly from hormonal changes resulting from emotional stress.

Comment

Working...