+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

You've said what I think. If Calc is so good for treating hairloss it would be well noted. But I'd like to experiment by myself. It's a vitamin D? So can I say it's quite safe to use?

I have difficulties to find a good and cheap Topical Calcipotriol ointment...
    Any website or supplier please ? Inhouse ?
    (I'm from Europa).

Valproic acid needs to be buy as powder right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    You've said what I think. If Calc is so good for treating hairloss it would be well noted. But I'd like to experiment by myself. It's a vitamin D? So can I say it's quite safe to use?
    Seems safe http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8615060 although slightly worrying that this write up also states it's growth inhibiting (i'm assuming it stops cells replicating as over replicating leads to scalp plague). Hmmm

Ha... you now saying what i was thinking.. dropping it in to my topical mix for a 3 or so months cant hurt.

Eldarlmario is stating 0.0005% mix although you seem to get it at 0.005% as standard solution so if going for E's % then would mean dropping in 0.1ml into every 1ml of my topical. Easy.

Eldarlmario pls can you let me know why 0.0005% solution?

Thanks

holy shit.
    can't keep up with all those infos and studies. too difficult to read and understand it all.

can someone summarize this? what's the news and the solution now? which topicals should we use? are we cured?

sorry guys data reception is awfully bad in the buikding where im in now. will reply when im back home

Quote Originally Posted by charlie76761 View Post
    Seems safe http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8615060 although slightly worrying that this write up also states it's growth inhibiting (i'm assuming it stops cells replicating as over replicating leads to scalp plague). Hmmm

Ha... you now saying what i was thinking.. dropping it in to my topical mix for a 3 or so months cant hurt.

Eldarlmario is stating 0.0005% mix although you seem to get it at 0.005% as standard solution so if going for E's % then would mean dropping in 0.1ml into every 1ml of my topical. Easy.

Eldarlmario pls can you let me know why 0.0005% solution?

Thanks
    its a typo- n u r right, its 0.005% for calcipotriol, though tretinoin is defintrly 0.0005%.

and if its really ok- i will posts the sources later. i just don wan ppl to think imadvertising or something. im not being paid for doing all these. helping fellow AGA sufferers is my only goal

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    holy shit.
    can't keep up with all those infos and studies. too difficult to read and understand it all.

can someone summarize this? what's the news and the solution now? which topicals should we use? are we cured?
    no we r not 'cured'- but i will my best- with the help of all of us here to find out how we can mimic this 'cure' as closely as possible(nothing is impossibl- at least in this context)- through a stable regime of a few small molecules consisting of:

1)topical calcipotriol or calcitriol.

Primary rationale: it induces the expression of CD200.

"Expression of CD200 and Integrin A6(CD49f) was sufficient to reconstitute a whole follicle"- Dr Cotsarellis

2)IF it indeed posseses ability to perform those functions relevant to multiple pathsays in regards to hair growth to what has been indicated for it on paper- then topical Valproic acid would be the next best thing(Gsk3. inhibitor, Androgen receptor inhibitor, FosB and c-fos inhibitor via inhibting PKC, CD34 expression inducer, HDAC2 inhibitor, Foxp1 activator, etc)

Primary rationale: It induces CD34 expression(PGE2 does so too).

3)topical tretinoin in an ultra low dose(0.0005%) upregulates Foxp1, GPRC5D, RAR and most importantly- Integrin A6

Primary rationale: It induces Integrin A6 expression( I could find only tretinoin and Parathyroid hormone-related protein(not a small molecule) that does so.

So magic formula => CD34 + CD200+ CD49f(Integrin A6) => hair regrowth. This is not my own opinion because Dr Cotsarelis has already stated this in his patent.

Quote Originally Posted by eldarlmario View Post
    no we r not 'cured'- but i will my best- with the help of all of us here to find out how we can mimic this 'cure' as closely as possible(nothing is impossibl- at least in this context)- through a stable regime of a few small molecules consisting of:

1)topical calcipotriol or calcitriol.

Primary rationale: it induces the expression of CD200.

"Expression of CD200 and Integrin A6(CD49f) was sufficient to reconstitute a whole follicle"- Dr Cotsarellis

2)IF it indeed posseses ability to perform those functions relevant to multiple pathsays in regards to hair growth to what has been indicated for it on paper- then topical Valproic acid would be the next best thing(Gsk3. inhibitor, Androgen receptor inhibitor, FosB and c-fos inhibitor via inhibting PKC, CD34 expression inducer, HDAC2 inhibitor, Foxp1 activator, etc)

Primary rationale: It induces CD34 expression(PGE2 does so too).

3)topical tretinoin in an ultra low dose(0.0005%) upregulates Foxp1, GPRC5D, RAR and most importantly- Integrin A6

Primary rationale: It induces Integrin A6 expression( I could find only tretinoin and Parathyroid hormone-related protein(not a small molecule) that does so.

So magic formula => CD34 + CD200+ CD49f(Integrin A6) => hair regrowth. This is not my own opinion because Dr Cotsarelis has already stated this in his patent.
    sounds interesting. thanks for that great work.
    let's hope your theory pans out. it's time to cure this hairloss nightmare once and for all.

Interesting!

Ok now that i have consolidated a list of the items to address each gene mentioned in the scoliosis study and Dr Cotsarelis patent- i will post the contacts again for the last time

I have to stress yet again that

1)i do not gain anything at all from posting these contacts(my own) other then having the pleasure of knowing I have helped a fellow AGA researcher in conducting his own experiments.
    2)i do not know the contacts and nor do I deal with them pertaining to a Business-Business relationship, other than being a Consumer myself in sourcing supplies for my research.
    3)My conduct at contributing information about AGA to our community should prove that

These contacts are sourced from over the years while looking for research solutions for investigating AGA, Nootropics, Anabolics and even Myopia. My strategy for sourcing low-cost experimentals for my research is:

1)http://www.mims.com/India/drug/AdvancedSearch/ to look for any Generic drug I want. Then: (Source A)gksales4@guokang8286.com.cn <==China-based Biochemical factory-based manufacturer for research chemicals(some)/generic drugs in raw powder form. I find most of their prices to be the lowest but some are grossly expensive. They respond to my queries fast, though OR : (Source B)leehpl900@gmail.com <==India-based direct dropshipper from the low-cost Generics Pharmaceutical Industry in India in premade form(gels/ointments/capsules/tabs). Alldaychemist and Inhouse get their stocks from the very same India-based Generics Pharmaceutical Industry base as the 1 mentioned above(but the latter 2 marks up their prices by several folds). This source takes 1 whole day to reply- so don't expect an immediate response.

2)Santacruz Bio or Tocris website(these are commercial links and Im not gonna post them- so please google their homepage yourself) to look at a comprehensive search list of existing Research chemicals that i want . Then: (Source C)theKaneshop- and he gets his supplies/raw materials from the very same China-based Biochemicals Industry base as the other 2 listed here. Kane doesn't respond to queries sometimes. For all other research chemicals that thekaneshop do not have: (Source D)mail08@sciphar.com <==China-based Biochemical factory-based manufacturer. They provide recombinant products. The downside to this source is that they take a long time to reply, if they do- that is. If they don't', keep emailing them.

3)Negotiate with them for the total price.

Good luck conducting experiments for your research. Please report back if you've got positive results with photos of your mouse samples.