+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    because it is a temporary solution to a permanent and ongoing problem and often the trauma from such surgery can perpetuate the problem.
    This! And it's the case for everyone, no one is safe from hair loss for sure forever.

You could have to stop finasteride for a reason or another, or it could stop working, or you just simply slowly but surely lose ground.

I knew I would need another hair transplant when I had my first one. I'm trying to wait as much time as I can but my crown is almost 70% gone.

When I had a consultation with Bisanga, he told me something like:

"When you do a hair transplant, you only want to do one and be done with it once and for all, don't you think?" Pointing at my NW5 progressing into a NW6.

That is a very utopic statement, people who are suffering from MPB and need a transplant will lose more hair at a point.

I appreciate the candid response and good ethics by the doctor here but it's very depressing nonetheless. I don't want to be the bald guy who suddenly has a full head of hair 18 months later and has to deal with everyone who knows I've undergone a cosmetic procedure for being so vain. I want to hold on with a short haircut and concealer and make it seem like I responded to one of the current "treatments."

I guess I tricked myself into believing I'd be able to get a transplant within a year or so (currently 25) and wait a couple years for the new treatments that are on the precipice that could have a big impact on maintenance going forward. I guess that just isn't realistic though...****

Great video, Thank you for sharing.

This reminds me of me. I'm about the same age as you (yes I realize this quote is almost 4 years old) and for a while I had that hope that newer effective treatments would go on the market in the near future. But at this point I've become pretty pessimistic about that happening, and I find myself thinking of transplants more and more often. That's what just led me to log in here for the first time in 4+ years and stumble upon this thread and several posts that I could really relate to. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Half of me wants to just give up and let nature take its course, figure out a good hairstyle (or lack thereof) or buzzed look, but I'd really rather not. I'm tired of using Toppik. It's great but it's a lot of work and worry and I don't feel comfortable doing certain things knowing that it might get messed up, which kinda sucks. I just keep waiting it out unsure of what my next move is. I think I need another consultation.