Dr. Marc Dauer - Young Hair Transplant Patients Be Warned! - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I agree completely, if your a high Norwood and don't want to just shave it, what do you really have to lose?

Do men really ever stop loosing there hair to MPB?

I feel like i'm the 'typical' person he's talking about... I'm 26, with NW2.5 - 3. But I feel like my hair loss is stabilised; I've been taking propecia for 3 years and from photo's I have not noticed any further loss, and a year ago I started nizoral and have had even more thickening and new hairs sprouting at the temples since... Is this considered stable enough for a minor hair transplant which will take me from NW2.5 -> NW2?

I am 26 and wanting a hair transplant just like the 'typical' young people he's talking about in this video, but I have been on fin + niz for 3 yrs and feel like I've stabilised. In fact I am still growing new hairs in... It is significantly above baseline. Would it still be realistic for me to consider a transplant to get from NW3 -> NW2

Hi All,

I had had transplant ×2, with no result. I spent about $18,000 dollars. My hair loss is about 3 cm round at the vertex. Now I am going to hair club to try XTrands +, because I know Xtrands does not work. Anybody had any experience about the Xtrands +? Ira

This reminds me of me. I'm about the same age as you (yes I realize this quote is almost 4 years old) and for a while I had that hope that newer effective treatments would go on the market in the near future. But at this point I've become pretty pessimistic about that happening, and I find myself thinking of transplants more and more often. That's what just led me to log in here for the first time in 4+ years and stumble upon this thread and several posts that I could really relate to. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Half of me wants to just give up and let nature take its course, figure out a good hairstyle (or lack thereof) or buzzed look, but I'd really rather not. I'm tired of using Toppik. It's great but it's a lot of work and worry and I don't feel comfortable doing certain things knowing that it might get messed up, which kinda sucks. I just keep waiting it out unsure of what my next move is. I think I need another consultation.