Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azzla
    • Sep 2015

Diffuse thinner, eyebrow loss MPB or CTE? Pictures in thread

Okay so, i've been struggling with hair loss over a few years, im currently 24 y/o and i started losing hair when i was about 19 or 20.
    The thing is that my hair loss isn't the typical MPB pattern, I'm a diffuse thinner but i'm thinning all over my head.
    Even in the back!!
    Ït've come to a point where i need to wear a cap everytime i go outside because im so selfconsious about my hair which litterally looks like shit!.
    I've also noticed that im losing my eyebrow too.

I've been to 2 different dermatologists where i live and I feel like they are so incompetent and doenst know anything about hair loss.
    Both time i've been there they just said it was regular MPB but I really don't think so!!

I've tried propecia before for a year but it really didn't do anything for me.
    I've tried minox which regrew some of my hair but i had to stop because of the horrible sideeffects.

2 periods of my life when i was taking all sorts of multivitamins, tea tree oil Ru58841 and akh-cu i regrew my hair really well, my whole head except the back of the scalp got full hair regrowth.
    but then some events happened which was very stressful i fell into a depression and i start losing my hair again.
    Now its the worst that's it's ever been . I feel like i get no help wherever i go. could you please help me figure this out what this could possibly be?

But also!, now again i'm noticing some regrowth, I feel like im losing more hair then i regrow tho but i definitely am seeing regrowth.
    The problem is that all my hair is very fine like intermediete hairs i have no terminal hair.
    Do you think i could be suffering from CTE or maybe that some of the medication i take is working?

Picture from today:
  • JayM
    • Apr 2015

Looks like MPB to me. It's very similar to mine. Well I say that your hair actually looks good to me so I'm only going by what your derm says.

Could we have a better picture of the back?

Comment

• Soonbald
      • Apr 2015

now thats a hairline you can take to the BANK!

Comment

• Azzla
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by JayM
        Looks like MPB to me. It's very similar to mine. Well I say that your hair actually looks good to me so I'm only going by what your derm says.

Could we have a better picture of the back?
        Hmm okay, but can you see in the last picture the hairs that are growing in?
        how come i regrow these hairs all over if i have MPB.
        will post another picture of the back soon.

And also does mpb really make you lose your eyebrows too? because mine are thinning

Comment

• JayM
          • Apr 2015

again mate going to need some better pictures because your eyebrows look fine as well

Comment

• Azzla
            • Sep 2015

again mate going to need some better pictures because your eyebrows look fine as well

What do you think?
            I really don't have the horseshoe pattern..

Comment

• Vic
              • Apr 2014

The type of hair loss you are discribing sounds like it could be a thyroid issue. Lots of stress and depression can lead to Thyroid issues. One of the clearest signals is if you lose the outer most parts of your eyebrows. What part of your eyebrows have lost hair?

Comment

• JayM
                • Apr 2015

That's exactly what my hair looks like mate, I just have a worse hairline. I would just say you are really early on in hairloss. But the good news is that if it's been happening since 19 then I would say the treatments are doing a good job. Take a picture of the back of your head once dried but you haven't laid on the back yet.

Comment

• Azzla
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Vic
                  The type of hair loss you are discribing sounds like it could be a thyroid issue. Lots of stress and depression can lead to Thyroid issues. One of the clearest signals is if you lose the outer most parts of your eyebrows. What part of your eyebrows have lost hair?
                  This is how my eyebrows looks http://imgur.com/AEUJb5o
                  I've recently done blood works to test my thyroid but the doctor said everything looked fine.

My mother has problems with her thyroid tho..
                  Could thise possibly be some vitamin defiency or something?
                  Maybe my body can't absorb enough vitamins or something like that?.. im just speculating.. hoping for someone who might know the cause

Comment

• Azzla
                    • Sep 2015

That's exactly what my hair looks like mate, I just have a worse hairline. I would just say you are really early on in hairloss. But the good news is that if it's been happening since 19 then I would say the treatments are doing a good job. Take a picture of the back of your head once dried but you haven't laid on the back yet.
                    It actually looks alot worse in reality imo, the thing is that when i have my hair combed down like in how my hair grows you can barely notice the hairloss, maybe a little.
                    But if i ever were to comb my hair backwards my entire scalp is showing, really bad!
                    I don't know if this is because of all the little new hairs that are growing downwards that are somewhat "masking" the baldness might be..

Look at these pictures, my hair is just really thinn but i'm not really getting that horseshoe pattern?

Here is when my hair is dry combed backwards:

Do you really think this is the work of MPB? If you have MPB isn't your hair supposed to stop growing?.
                    My hair continues to grow despite the fact that im thinning. I feel like more and more hairs are going into telogen phase all the time and the other hair follicles can't keep up but they do regrow but ALOT slower.
                    If that makes any sense.

Also to answer Vics other question, Yes.
                    I've been really stressed out and in a deep depression for several years, currently on sick leave.
                    I get stressed out and filled with anxiety very often , this might also be another trigger for the thinning?
                    I don't know

Comment

• Vic
                      • Apr 2014

Stress and depression alone can cause hair loss. The best way to control stress and pull yourself out of depression is exercise. It works better then any Pharma pill. Exercise, eat right and get some sun light each day. you can brush this off as nonsense or try it and get yourself back on track. In 30 days you'll thank yourself.

Comment

• Azzla
                        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Vic
                        Stress and depression alone can cause hair loss. The best way to control stress and pull yourself out of depression is exercise. It works better then any Pharma pill. Exercise, eat right and get some sun light each day. you can brush this off as nonsense or try it and get yourself back on track. In 30 days you'll thank yourself.
                        Yes i know, it's a long path and it's hard but i'm getting there.
                        Im kind of troubled by other medical issues aswell which makes the recovery harder but hopefully it'll get better soon.
                        Do you think my hairloss is related to my stress and depression?

Comment

• Vic
                          • Apr 2014

having been in that situation myself and the hair loss I experienced during those times, I'd say they are related. I lost an incredible amount of hair, diffuse thinned all over and even a little at the bottom of the back of my head.

Comment

• Littlesadeyes
                            • Nov 2017

I know this is a really old thread, but I’m just wondering how you are going now? I also have diffuse thinning with eyebrow and eyelash loss, and it turned out this is was AGA caused by low female hormones. Did you ever have your sex hormones checked? What about your iron levels?

Comment

Working...