+ Reply to Thread

Default Please help me...

Ok guys. I'm desperately looking for some help. Im 19 and am about a nw 2.5. I've been on Propecia and niz for about 5 months now and fun 1mg every day for about 4 months. Everything has been going great. My hair has been improving and everything. Until today... I wake up and my nipple is really tender to touch. I didn't think too much of it, maybe an infection. But as the day went on, my nipple has become swollen. I had read about man boobs from fin before starting and I did some research today and that's what it sounds like.

My left nipple is very tender and swollen. My thoughts are that it is finasteride induced man boobs. I literally feel like crying. I have no idea where to turn or what to do. Everything was going so well, and then this happens. What do I do? I'm at such a loss. Losing my hair is not an option. Please help me...

Wow, lots of typos. Meant to say I've been on Rogaine and niz for 5 months and fin for 4.

Really not much to tell you unfortunately. If fin is truly giving you gyno, you have no choice but to stop taking it. As far as treatments go the only other route at this point in time is to use experimentals. If for some reason I was unable to continue taking fin, I would seriously consider trying RU. I am not saying that I recommend RU at all since I have never used it. Just throwing it out there.

You can also try Dutasteride as well. It's similar to Finasteride, but more potent. Some people say that they don't get sides from it like with Finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Really not much to tell you unfortunately. If fin is truly giving you gyno, you have no choice but to stop taking it. As far as treatments go the only other route at this point in time is to use experimentals. If for some reason I was unable to continue taking fin, I would seriously consider trying RU. I am not saying that I recommend RU at all since I have never used it. Just throwing it out there.
    Yeah, I'll look into that. I don't plan on quitting fin yet. In all honesty, I can live with a bit of man boobs if the pain stops and they don't become huge. I'll probably make an appointment with my doctor in a week if it's still going on. I woke up this morning and it's still swollen (although not as bad) and hurts. So if the pain goes away, I could forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    You can also try Dutasteride as well. It's similar to Finasteride, but more potent. Some people say that they don't get sides from it like with Finasteride.
    Really? Considering it's just a stronger version of fin wouldn't you get the same sides but worse?

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Really? Considering it's just a stronger version of fin wouldn't you get the same sides but worse?
    People usually switch from Finasteride to Dutasteride because either Fin is no longer working any more, or they can't handle the side effects. Different people seem to react differently to these two drugs, and one person who has sides from Fin may not get sides from Dut and vice versa.

The next day I took my first pill of fin 2 month ago I noticed that my nipple was a bit swollen. But I made myselft believe i was just overthinking.

Now, after 2 month, my gyno is still not noticeable but I definitely feel hard tissue under my nipples.

5 days ago I decided to stop fin and see if gyno will reverse (maybe its a bit better now). Then I will be experimenting with low doses :\

I was taking 1.25mg Proscar ED. No other sides.

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou View Post
    The next day I took my first pill of fin 2 month ago I noticed that my nipple was a bit swollen. But I made myselft believe i was just overthinking.
    Now, after 2 month, my gyno is still not noticeable but I definitely feel hard tissue under my nipples. 5 days ago I decided to stop fin and see if gyno will reverse (maybe its a bit better now). Then I will be
    experimenting with low doses :\

I was taking 1.25mg Proscar ED. No other sides.
    Was yours tender to touch? Mine has happened 4 months in. For me, if it doesn't hurt and doesn't progress too much then I'm not going to stop taking fin. I just went to the chemist and he said he believes it's an infection.