+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Fred is right, the difference between an NW2 and an NW6 is like the difference between night and day. No one will make fun of an NW2 because you can barely even notice their hair loss. Yet some one with a totally bald crown, whose hair loss is much more obvious and pronounced, will unfortunately become the target of jokes and ridicule. No amount of positive thinking will ever change this.

I was the same way when my hair loss was barely noticeable. I would spout cliched sayings like "confidence is what it's all about", "oh, if I lost my hair, I would just simply move on", or "there is more to me than my hair". But my attitude changed once my hair loss became more pronounced. The fact is that talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words. Having a full head of hair is an absolutely integral part of a person's good looks and is especially important in today's image-driven society.

A central point of Spencer's radio show is that those who have not experienced true baldness will never truly understand it for themselves. And some guys on here essentially have full heads of hair so how can they understand something like true hair loss if they've never experienced it for themselves. Again, feeling and experiencing is believing and actions speak louder than words.

Just like that "take it on the chin" advice. No one likes to be mocked constantly and guys do not mock other guys for just about anything. Not to mention that hair loss is something that cuts much much deeper than anything else. So you have big ears, a bit of acne, or packed on some extra weight. Big deal.

I also used to tell stories about people I know who despite their baldness, have led successful lives. I know people like that too. Yet I cannot bring myself to completely let my hair go and neither can anyone else in this thread.

Thank you for the realism DepressedByHairLoss. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by sagat View Post
    25 year old norwood 7 shaved horseshoe looks like a creeper to women in their 20's.
    go tell that to the girls in their 20's who still find me hot with a shaven head at 35 years old.

A handsome face is all you need. Hair does not make a person attractive... your facial features do. Even when I had my full head of hair I never once got a compliment on my hair.. only about my facial features.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Fred is right, the difference between an NW2 and an NW6 is like the difference between night and day. No one will make fun of an NW2 because you can barely even notice their hair loss. Yet some one with a totally bald crown, whose hair loss is much more obvious and pronounced, will unfortunately become the target of jokes and ridicule. No amount of positive thinking will ever change this.
    I've been razor shaving my head for probably 6 years and I've never once been made fun of or ridiculed... nobody makes fun of baldness... because its just not funny... and so common to see everywhere... every other guy these days is bald to some degree..

Now if you were talking about a female walking around bald then ya I could see that... but definitely not for a man.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Thank you for the realism DepressedByHairLoss. /thread
    That's not realism for me.

Guys will try to remind you of your place, and it doesn't matter if you put them back at theirs.

The fact will be: they already disrespected you because you were bald, it wouldn't have happened in the first place if you were "one of them".
    Men do not disrespect other men because they're bald.. in fact its been shown that men have more respect for men with shaven heads because shaven heads look masculine and Alpha. It's also been shown that men with shaven heads look an inch taller and 30%+ physically stronger to others.

Not being an overcompensating try-hard (that's how women will see it) who thought he could compensate for his ugly bald head with big muscles
    You must be one ugly looking dude if you actually were made fun of (which I still don't believe).

About 2 weeks ago I got a letter from a girl who works as a model after she saw my pictures on a dating site... she said "I love handsome bald men".. and wanted to take me and my ugly bald head out to dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimmed View Post
    Men do not disrespect other men because they're bald.. in fact its been shown that men have more respect for men with shaven heads because shaven heads look masculine and Alpha. It's also been shown that men with shaven heads look an inch taller and 30%+ physically stronger to others.
    This is true. I have been told by several men the I look more intimidating now than I did before I shaved my head.

You must be a white guy living in an Asian country. This never happens to me or anyone I know.

Women doesn't "sense" weakness. That's just BS. She senses and clearly sees good looks and good genes.
    You can be the best looking guy around but if you have no confidence the girl will drop you fast. One of my friends went on a date once with a good looking girl who liked him. He was good looking.. but on the date he was very shy and was acting strange because of it... after the date the girl told him "it seemed difficult for you".... and she did not want to see him again.

If he was confident it would have been completely different.

dude stop talking out of ur ass u sound stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Trimmed View Post