+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride and Attractiveness

Recently I have been teetering on whether or not I am going to quit fin. A good portion of the literature suggests that testosterone and androgens play a major role in male attractiveness. Does anyone think that it is possible that finasteride makes you unattractive/less desirable. It does after all block a very potent androgen in the body and cause free testosterone to convert into estradiol.

I have taken fin for the past three years and although I was never a casanova by any stretch, it always felt like I was more successful with the ladies before I embarked on this path. What is everyones thoughts on this notion? I am not looking to irk anyone, simply starting conversation.

We have +10% testo
    This is what matter

Default Looks like I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by JSmyth View Post
    Recently I have been teetering on whether or not I am going to quit fin. A good portion of the literature suggests that testosterone and androgens play a major role in male attractiveness. Does anyone think that it is possible that finasteride makes you unattractive/less desirable. It does after all block a very potent androgen in the body and cause free testosterone to convert into estradiol.

I have taken fin for the past three years and although I was never a casanova by any stretch, it always felt like I was more successful with the ladies before I embarked on this path. What is everyones thoughts on this notion? I am not looking to irk anyone, simply starting conversation.
    I was thinking this too actually. Finasteride may be diminishing that "invisible" hormone or "scent" or whatever chemistry that makes a man an attractive manly-man. But it is hard to say. Some girls still find me cute, but I noticed back then a lot more did. The fact that some girls still find me attractive means that it hasn't completely gotten rid of all that "attractiveness" within me, so maybe finasteride may not be the culprit for this. I think it may be the fact that we are getting older, less confident (because of the hairloss), or to some degree, our hair is thinning out (even with the finasteride). I think I also read somewhere (I can't remember where so please don't quote me on this) that finasteride makes your body retain more water weight so your body is not as lean and appear somewhat more bloated. I noticed that I have gained a lot of weight recently which may be the reason why I am not as successful with the girls as I was back then, but I also blame that on my recent poor diet. But if anyone can add to this, maybe we may have a case. I hope not, because I look terrible with thinning hair...fin is what is keeping me look normal at my age

I experienced side effects from Fin at the age of 19, and it indirectly affected my "attractiveness" because it affected my ability's to perform as a man. I would assume the "attractiveness" factor stems from the fact when a male is not a "male", or he feels compromised, that insecurity manifests itself a certain way. That is definitely what happened with me because I knew I'd have issues with performance.