My hair: Should I bother fighting this? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default My hair: Should I bother fighting this?

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate some advice from the community. I'm 26 years old and have been balding since about 17. I'm aware of the big three; Finasteride; Minoxidil; and Nizoral. I'd like to know, based on my pictures, if I should attempt to fight my hair loss - is it too far gone? Also, money is an issue for me. I can just about afford it all, but I don't want to spend a load of money, just to later realize that my hair loss had already passed being redeemable. As a side note, I would like to get a hair transplant in the future when I have more money.

p.s. what do you guys think about laser combs/caps?

Pics below...

I would say start with Propecia and Rogaine ASAP. You might save what you have and even regrow some. Who knows, maybe you'll have a HT in the future.

Instead of Rogaine, you can get cheap minoxidil from Kirkland (try ebay) and instead of Propecia you could get generic version of Propecia(finasteride) - but that's always a bit risky.

Thanks for your reply Mpbman. Today I ordered 12 months supply of Kirkland Minoxidil, one months supply of Propecia and 6 bottles of Nizoral. I still have doubts as to whether I'm wasting my time/money though. Unfortunately, my hair loss is extensive, and I didn't really notice until it was too late because I was coincidentally sporting a shaved head anyway. As I grew older I wanted to cultivate a different look, and found that I'd lost more of my hair than I'd realized.

I did use Rogaine in the past for approximately 3 months, but stopped due to financial reasons. It was working - I could see small dark hairs sprouting from my scalp. My financial situation is slightly improved now, and I have a years supply, so I may well document my results on here.

[QUOTE=Hubris;216731]..........I was coincidentally sporting a shaved head anyway.

Go back to shaved head look

I want to go into an industry where a shaved head is not considered 'acceptable'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    Thanks for your reply Mpbman. Today I ordered 12 months supply of Kirkland Minoxidil, one months supply of Propecia and 6 bottles of Nizoral. I still have doubts as to whether I'm wasting my time/money though. Unfortunately, my hair loss is extensive, and I didn't really notice until it was too late because I was coincidentally sporting a shaved head anyway. As I grew older I wanted to cultivate a different look, and found that I'd lost more of my hair than I'd realized.

I did use Rogaine in the past for approximately 3 months, but stopped due to financial reasons. It was working - I could see small dark hairs sprouting from my scalp. My financial situation is slightly improved now, and I have a years supply, so I may well document my results on here.
    Hope it will work for you mate. You can also save some money by splitting the Propecia pills in half and using 0.5mg per day instead of 1mg.

but the medicines preferred should be consumed as per the quantity referred by the physician, if u will take half pill then it will take time to show result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul dhruv View Post
    but the medicines preferred should be consumed as per the quantity referred by the physician, if u will take half pill then it will take time to show result.
    I agree, Rahul. Whilst I am very keen on saving money, I will be using a normal dosage for optimal effect. Once my orders arrive I will be documenting my results on the forum.

im almost 47 My hair started thinning about eight years ago I've been taking Rogaine twice a day for 11 months check out my results I'm very happy it's a pain in the butt but it's worth it I suggest you take Rogaine twice a day for at least one year My profile picture shows me 11 months ago and just the other day

Here's another tip I use the Rogaine when my hair is fully wet its absorbency is way more I also recently just started using vitamin E plant seems to help also