+ Reply to Thread

Default Almost 19 and considering propecia.

I've heard a lot about the negative effects of propecia in young men and its making hesitant to take it. However I also don't to lose by hair either but at the same time I don't want to do something that may have serious side effects. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

have you already started on minoxidil. if not start on a 5% generic, like from wall mart, and see if you respond. when you you reach your early twenties start on the fin with the minox

Hie Chris612 I read the problem of yours. I have to say it is painful to loose hair in early stages of life. Especially in the teen age loosing hair is a disaster. As a online medical counselor my advice would be consult a good hair doctor before taking any kind of action. If you have more questions regarding it, i am there for help.

I was 16 when I first got propecia described. Now I know more, I don't know what my doctor was thinking doing that. Anyway, I remember no sides, I just stopped after a month because it was so damn expensive.

Now I'm 19 and got on 1/4 proscar a month ago. Already stopped because it caused upregulation(zits on scalp, extremly fast greasy hair, shedding after the first time taking it, extreme itch that wasn't there before), which makes you bald way faster. So I stopped again.

Don't want to scare you. It can save your hair. Take it, if you experience something get off it.

Do it! Just about everyone on these forums who actually does their homework will tell you we are looking at better treatments if not a cure within the next 5-10 years. If I had gotten on fin at 19 I would be so much happier today. Do not think about side effects and they probably won't happen to you. If you panic then your anxiety will deffinitly cause sexual sides