+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    HI Vic, quick question; when i dermarolll with my 1.5 mm on a shaven head, i don't bleed at all, and my scalp doesn't turn red, and I'm not really that sore the next day surprisingly. i know the studies said 15 min rolling till erythema. based off your experience, am i being aggressive enough, or is what I'm doing fine. i am about 1 month into derma rolling.
    Hi Warner, bleeding isn't a necessity but to not be sore the day after rolling with a 1.5 is quite strange. I'm sore for about 3 days after rolling. My guess would be the entire needle isn't being submerged in the skin. I wouldn't say be aggressive but a little pressure is definitely needed.
    how many needles are on your roller? Rollers with high pin counts like the 540 types are a lot harder to fully submerge.

Have you seen any signs of growth ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	42500

Month 5 update.
    I've stopped using copper peptides for about 2 weeks now, thought it might have been the cause of my shed but shedding has not let up. It's basically non stop shedding but my temples are getting thicker and thicker. My right temple is almost cosmetically significant. Almost looks like I have a hairline again, lol. My left temple point has basically grown back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	42501  

Month 5 update.
    I've stopped using copper peptides for about 2 weeks now, thought it might have been the cause of my shed but shedding has not let up. It's basically non stop shedding but my temples are getting thicker and thicker. My right temple is almost cosmetically significant. Almost looks like I have a hairline again, lol. My left temple point has basically grown back.

Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	42502   Click image for larger version

Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	42503  

Default Month 6

To me it looks like I've shed any gain I had except for my temples. Still mostly peach fuzz/dark peach fuzz.
    Made a few changes, I read coffee increases PHD2 so I've basically cut it from my diet. Also cut Niacin(was in my multi) and borage oil. Niacin also increases PGD2 and borage oil is mainly Omega 6's which cause inflammation.
    My shedding kinda slowed about 3 days after I stopped drinking coffee. I'd say I shed at a normal rate now.
    I couldn't attach more pics. I've reached my attachment limit I guess.

Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	43578  

Finally found something that states exactly what happens during wound healing. What happens 1st to last, what helps and most interesting, #22 lists what vitamins and minerals are essential for wound healing and #27 states how Nutritional defecincies impair wound healing.
    http://www.elsevieradvantage.com/sam...0323034708.pdf

Did you try Acell with your PRP?
    I got another treatment about 2 weeks ago. I added Acell this time.

There was another study out about adding tea tree oil and a anti inflammatory to your minoxidil. I can't find it off hand. I tried tea tree and rosemary oil and it was terrible. Major itching and flaking. I might of added to much rosemary or tea tree. Felt like poison ivy when taking a shower.

Hi Hicks, no didn't add acell to PRP either time. Doc said acell is used when there's damage to the area being treated.
    I used to use tea tree oil shampoo and I didn't like it. I switched to red seaweed shampoo a few months ago and my scalp feels better now then when I used the tea tree shampoo.
    I've changed my treatment method a bit to eliminate the cause of inflammation. We'll see how things turn out in 6 months.

Something new I've just recently been doing besides eliminating the causes of inflammation is applying Rogaine and then getting my 30 mins of sun. I used to get my sun time in then apply Rogaine and it seems like the peach fuzz/darker peach fuzz has gained a lot more color in just 2 weeks time.

How many PRP treatments have you had so far? Any actual growth?

2 treatments. No actual regrowth.
    I had one PRP treatment using the angel system. I didn't notice a big difference but my hair did seem better. 10 months after I noticed my hair seemed thinner. I was hearing adding Acell the benefits last longer.

I think Acell is the only thing we have that is regenerative medicine.

Well it's month 8 and not much to report. Skipped month 7 update for the same reason and because I didn't follow my regimen over the holidays. Planning on starting again in a week or 2 with some changes.
    1st change- switching to 520pin rollers. It's what I used when I 1st started in month 1 & 2. When I had best results. When I rolled with the 520pin I noticed a layer of skin pealing off. Didn't have that with the 192pin rollers. Read removing a layer of skin is how wound healing is best achieved & it's part 1 of Repricells coming treatment? So switching back to 520pin.
    2nd change is I'll be making a topical which I've read increases growth factor response after wounding. Which is in the attachment I posted. Will be using a topical of Vit C, Emu oil for omega 3 and Pumpkin seed oil for magnesium. Going to apply 3 times a week and before rolling.

I do believe I'm on the right track. Temples keep filling in, more and more pigmented peach fuzz. Not fully terminal but closer to normal hair than peach fuzz at this point. I can see some level of growth from my original hairline, I had a few terminal hairs grow out very low on my hairline and now there's a forest of peach fuzz between my hairline and the low, lonely terminal hairs. If nothing else, I think I've given new life to follicles that were on the brink of being lost forever. Ready for Histogen to give them the boost they need if no further progress is achieved.
    Will keep posting, good luck to us all!

how is your result with prp+ACELL? , I AM THINKING OF GETTING THAT. THANKS