My 3 month Results - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default My 3 month Results

These are my 3 month results Derma rolling and using Rogaine along with my regimen. The light bulb changed between the 2nd and 3rd month but I think it improved the resolution. Also, I don't have baseline pics(pics were on phone, got pushed in pool) so we'll use month 1 as baseline...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 1.JPG

Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	41232Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 2.JPG

Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	41233Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 3.JPG

Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	41234

Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	41235Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 2  (1).JPG

Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	41236Click image for larger version

Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	41237

Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	41238Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 2.JPG

Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	41239Click image for larger version

Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	41240

Name:	Month 1 (2).JPG

Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	41241Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 2 (2).JPG

Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	41242[Click image for larger version

Name:	month 3 (2).JPG

Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	41243

Name:	Month1.JPG

Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	41244Click image for larger version

Name:	Month2.JPG

Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	41245[Click image for larger version

Name:	Month3.JPG

Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	41246

Little about myself, I'm 34, started receding slightly around 23, lost temples by 27 but still had density, 30 massive shedding, very thin on top. I started my hair treatment journey with PRP at age 33. The idea of rebuilding my scalp and bringing it back to a healthy state was what I was trying to do with my overall body so it intrigued me. I had 2 treatments and spent $3200 to grow some peach fuzz basically.
    About 3-4 months ago I came across the Derma Roller and Rogaine Study posted in these forums.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

I know, it happened years ago but I'm fairly new. Researched Derma Rollers and found they do exactly what PRP does and MUCH more! PRP and Derma Rollers both signal the body to send Growth Factors to the affected area but Derma Rollers also help create new blood vessels which was already a part of my regimen.

3 months ago I added Derma Rolling and using Rogaine for the 1st time exactly as instructed in the Study to my regimen

My entire Regimen is health oriented, using Nature to rebuild myself and eliminating the toxins I ate, drank and showered in. When I started 18 months ago I weighed 195Lbs. I am now 154Lbs with a lot more muscle then when I started so in reality I've lost more then 40lbs because muscle weighs a lot more then fat. I am in the best shape I've been in the last decade.

The rebuilding part:
    I have been trying to increase the blood supply to my scalp.
    -1st, trying to create more "Brown Fat" in my scalp and body. Brown fat is a type of adipose tissue that is brown. The other one we all know about, white adipose tissue AKA spare tire. Brown Fat is brown because it is filled with blood vessels and has a unique trait, it burns White Adipose tissue to keep us warm in cold temps. I've read Brown Fat is present in the scalp where people have hair but lacking Brown Fat where they are bald. Almost every picture of a hair follicle I've ever seen has a layer of fat below the skin which has blood vessels feeding the hair follicle, that's Brown Fat.
    To increase my Brown Fat I take cold showers and lost a lot of weight thru healthy eating and exercise because being Fat eliminates brown fat in our bodies since it is not needed anymore with white fat keeping us warm. I started taking cold showers slowly, cold only at the end of the shower, now I just turn the water on cold and jump in. By the end of my shower the water feels warm so I think it's working.

-2nd thing I do is exercise. I run about a mile every morning and lift light weights with high reps. Cardio stimulates the formation of new Blood Vessels. Running in the morning before eating anything and then not eating for about an hour after your run stimulates the production of Human Growth Hormone AKA HGH in our bodies. The reason being, the body is looking for energy but there's nothing in our stomach so the thyroid gland starts pumping out HGH, our natural fountain of youth.

-3rd would be using the derma roller. Saved the best for last. Wounding stimulates not only Growth Factors but also the creation of new blood vessels.

Eliminating Toxins:
    I stopped eating processed food. I'll have take out maybe once a week and when I do it's never Mcdonalds of Burger King type places. I stopped drinking Sugar Sodas. I stopped drinking Milk(by far the WORST out of the above). Cows are pumped with drugs, testosterone, estrogen etc etc. When we drink Milk, we are drinking the drugs!
    I encourage everyone to do research on the food we eat. It changed my life for the better.
    I placed an entire home water filtration system. We shower in rust, chlorine, fluoride and sometimes even drugs! In NY the water was tested positive for anti depressants!
    The water lines in the ground are all rusted. Chlorine and other chemicals are added to make the water that comes out of our faucets seem clean. You ever smell like chorine after you shower? I have too.

[B][/What I eat;B]
    I try to eat free range animals. Eggs are the easiest because they are relatively cheap. Only about a dollar more then hormone filled eggs. A little meat and a bunch of veggies is usually my dinner. For lunch each day I make the following smoothie and eat it throughout the day.
    - Spinach, Parsley, Cilantro, 160mgs of Saw Palmetto, Strawberries, blueberries, Red apple, Orange, Flax Seeds(do not use the oil it goes BAD VERY quickly and can cause hair loss, Use only the seeds and you need break them by either crushing them or putting in the blender) I add and subtract other things but those are always in there because they lower DHT and covers the basics of what my body needs.

The supplements I take are all intended to create new blood vessels, increase growth factors and feed hair follicles, they are:

--Borage Oil- helps create blood vessels- using 18 months

--Vitamin E- helps create blood vessels- using 18 months

--B complex - feeds hair- using 18 months

--Saw Palmetto- Reduces DHT, I pore 160mgs into my smoothie.

--Red Seaweed Extract(only before I Derma Roll and while my head still hurts, about 3 days after rolling) Red Algae promotes WNT Signaling.- using 2 months

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24328990

Carrageenan is found in Red Seaweed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrageenan

WNT Signaling is a major player in the amount of Growth Factors your body sends.

--Soy Isoflavones and Capsaicin(spicy peppers)- Promotes growth factors and reduces DHT. Grows hair. - using about 1 month

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=19062253

--[/U]Copper Peptides spray[U] - Feed hair Follicles- using about 1 month

http://skinbiology.com/copper-peptid...ir-growth.html

--Rogaine- using 3 months

-- I also try to get atleast 30 mins of Sun light each day. 91% of hair loss sufferers have Vitamin D deficiency.

I believe I created a healthy environment for hair to grow and the Derma Roller(Growth Factors) have started to regenerate my hair follicles.

I will try to post progress pics every month.

Thank you all in this community for all the information I've found here. Hope I contributed a little with the info I posted.

This is what I'm most excited about. My temples have been filling in with darker then peach fuzz hair, all growing long and some terminal hairs here and there.

Name:	Month 1.jpg

Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	41247Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 2.jpg

Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	41248Click image for larger version

Name:	Month 3.jpg

Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	41249
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0090.JPG

Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	41250  

Great improvement!

How often do you derma roll for and for how long? eg, once a week for 5 minutes, 2 times a week for 10 minutes...

Thanks

OK, I think you derma roll once a week, but how long, on average, do you derma roll for in minutes?

Do you ever bleed from derma rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by hair4us2 View Post
    Great improvement!

How often do you derma roll for and for how long? eg, once a week for 5 minutes, 2 times a week for 10 minutes...

Thanks
    Thanks! I roll once a week for about 10-15 mins. I bleed every time. Small pin size blood spots all over. I found that rolling slowly gets me better improvements each week. I used to push n roll quickly to get it over with. Now I slowly roll.
    It hurts, I roll a quick back n forth motion all over my scalp then start following the study instructions. It kinda makes my scalp number so when I go at it, pain is less.
    I roll pretty much until I feel my scalp is irritated and more painful to roll. That's when I stop

Hi Vic I had a couple of questions to ask you about your experience with this

1. DId areas that were bald previously regrow hair? And if so, what was the quality of the hair? Peach fuzz/minitiaurized/quality hair/
    2. Did all areas (frontal. crown, temples) respond to the rolling equally, or or were some areas more difficult than others?
    3. Did you notice results before the 3 month mark?
    4. Overall, are you happy with your results?
    5. did you experience a minox shed when you were using it in conjunction with the rolling?

thanks

1- areas that had peach fuzz grew darker and longer. Areas that were totally bald started growing peach fuzz, now also gaining color.
    2- experience some level of growth in all areas.
    3- take a look at the top view of my head between month 1 & 2
    4- very happy, just wish I found the study before I spent $3200 on PRP. Lol
    5- I had a minox shed that lasted less then 2 months but when I added copper peptides about 9 weeks into the treatment I started shedding again and still am. There was a point around week 7-9 which seemed like wasn't losing a single strand of hair.

thanks for your quick replies.

i took your advice and just ordered the 1.5 mm. I am going to try it once a week, when it arrives.

Why do you think more ppl are not trying derma rolling, or put it down so often?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    1- areas that had peach fuzz grew darker and longer. Areas that were totally bald started growing peach fuzz, now also gaining color.
    2- experience some level of growth in all areas.
    3- take a look at the top view of my head between month 1 & 2
    4- very happy, just wish I found the study before I spent $3200 on PRP. Lol
    5- I had a minox shed that lasted less then 2 months but when I added copper peptides about 9 weeks into the treatment I started shedding again and still am. There was a point around week 7-9 which seemed like wasn't losing a single strand of hair.

There were a lot of people who tried it when the study came out. Very few had results. But some used smaller rollers, some were on Fin, etc etc changing the treatment in the study.

Its also painful. I'm guessing a lot didn't push hard enough for the nedles to reach or get near the hair follicles. Not that you should push hard but getting the 1.5mm pins down 1.5mm's into your scalp doesn't happen with just shoftly and gently rolling. It takes a little pressure.

And then there's always; not all treatments work equally for everyone.

And good luck, let me know how you do.

And read the study. Use what they used to sterilize the scalp before treatment, dip the roller in 70% alcohol before and after use.