Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champpy
    • Apr 2015

Fluridil or Flutamide

I was reading a post on hairlosscure2020 and he was discussing Fluridil and Flutamide.
    At this point im willing to try anything, so do any of you guys know a reputable place to purchace these products. I live in the US so dont know if this will prohibit me from getting them sent to me.
    Thanks for any suggestions you might have
  • Swooping
    • May 2014

I don't know much about the pharmacodynamics & pharmacokinetics of Fluridil. However from what I remember it's a very weak treatment as shown by anecdotal experience by many members. It's a weak AR antagonist AFAIK. In short; It's ineffective.

Flutamide is a way more potent anti-androgen. I have looked into this compound in the past. The problem with Flutamide is though that even if you are going to use it by topical application it will go systemic. The half-life is long and metabolism doesn't occur quickly. Therefore you can definitely expect strong anti-androgenic side effects. Anecdotal experience by members does show this often, but not always.

Important to know also about Flutamide is that the compound itself is quite hepatoxic. It may act as a potent hepatoxin in certain patients. Some studies about this;

Flutamide is a potent hepatotoxin in certain patients. Serial blood aminotransferase levels should be monitored during the first few months of flutamide treatment. Before beginning use of this drug patients should be instructed to report immediately to physicians any episodes of nausea, vomiting, fa …

The potential of flutamide to act as a potent hepatotoxin should be kept in mind when treatment with this drug is being planned. This case reminds us that patients who are receiving flutamide should be regularly monitored for liver function. If drug-induced liver injury is suspected, flutamide must …

Flutamide is a non-steroidal antiandrogen commonly used in the treatment of prostate cancer. Severe hepatotoxicity occurs in few patients, yet may be fatal. To date, none of the reported cases of flutamide hepatotoxicity has demonstrated

Also apparently Flutamide is unstable in an aqueous solution and degrades rather quickly as noted in the following study;

A high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) assay has been developed for the determination of flutamide and its degradation products. Using this method, the influence of important formulation factors on the stability of flutamide has been estimated. The stability studies have been carried out in …

On the other hand, the results obtained from the stability study in solution during 12 days have shown that flutamide in aqueous solution underwent a clear degradation at mean or high temperature (22 degrees C, 37 degrees C) and acidic pH conditions (1.1). With respect to the influence of ionic strength, it has been found that the presence of sodium chloride prevents the degradation of flutamide in aqueous solution. The second-order kinetics model provides the best fit for highly degraded solutions.

Comment

• champpy
      • Apr 2015

Well crappo, that's a bummer. Thanks for that info though Swooping. Glad youre educated on this stuff.

Comment

Working...