+ Reply to Thread

Default How was your duckling phase

Hi, this is chris,
    I will be having an FUT soon and shaving the receipient area which have some hair covering the baldness,
    i am thinking all the time about duckling phase

How was it for you guys, how long it took, have you used concealers, when you took that hat off

I can't stop thinking about this

Help please

Unhappy

help please

I had fue and the duckling phase was horrible, I was told not to wear a hat for a week twas the worst week of my life bored and stuck inside! I was told it would be a month before I could use concealer and was back at work after two weeks so people could not only see how bald I was but I was still very red, luckily about a month later I had a three month stint in another department that's when I started using concealer again! And I was on the up just waiting for it to grow in! But I won't lie to you it's horrible, there was no way my mates were going to go that long with out talking to me, and I saw them all having a mint night out on Facebook that I had to miss and I really wanted to be there! You just have to look past it to what will be in 3/4 months when you see and feel the new hairs growing in

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    I had fue and the duckling phase was horrible, I was told not to wear a hat for a week twas the worst week of my life bored and stuck inside! I was told it would be a month before I could use concealer and was back at work after two weeks so people could not only see how bald I was but I was still very red, luckily about a month later I had a three month stint in another department that's when I started using concealer again! And I was on the up just waiting for it to grow in! But I won't lie to you it's horrible, there was no way my mates were going to go that long with out talking to me, and I saw them all having a mint night out on Facebook that I had to miss and I really wanted to be there! You just have to look past it to what will be in 3/4 months when you see and feel the new hairs growing in
    Thanks for your reply and support,
    did concealer helped you ? can i go out and meet friends after one month with some concealer (nanogen for example) without worrying that they find out what happened ?

I always used toppik pre ht but my hair wasn't long enough after probably for a month or so but I couldn't use it before that! But I was introduced to super millions hair fibres after two weeks which worked fine on really short hair as it was a lot finer substance thank toppik but overall I felt not as good as toppik it came out easier and a few other things but you can certainly use super millions when your hair is very short and no one will know otherwise! But always take the advice of your surgeon as to how soon after you can use concealer!