+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 4th TERMIS World Congress (Tissue Engineering) Boston-Sept 8 to 11

-4th TERMIS World Congress (Tissue Engineering International & Regenerative Medicine Society) on September 8 to 11, 2015

This congress is held every 3 years, and the program looks huge
    http://www.termis.org/wc2015/program.php

Some speakers from all over the world ( I see Attala for Wake forest), some live demonstrations ( like for example the regenova bio3D printer from Cyfuse: http://www.cyfusebio.com/4th-termis-...-sep-2015.html )
    and many other things, when you look the program, they talk about all the subjects we would need for the future effective hair therapy

And in the sponsors, I discover strong bioengineering companies or foundations I really wasn't aware of

it's in Boston in september, if some live there and want to give it a go

well i say it all the time and gonna say it again... if someone on that congress was up to something big, it would smell beforehand. probably they gonna talk about some developments which are 10years away... we rather look what we have on hand or on the pipeline (1-2years tops)

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    well i say it all the time and gonna say it again... if someone on that congress was up to something big, it would smell beforehand. probably they gonna talk about some developments which are 10years away... we rather look what we have on hand or on the pipeline (1-2years tops)
    Cool.

Lacazette I really wish I could go! Being a student sucks haha. When I have time I'm gonna take a good look at who's going.

this looks like an interesting congress, too.
    if somebody lives near and has the interest in biology and science, it would also be very nice for us to get some insight from that congress. skin and tissue regeneration could be very close related to hair regeneration, thus the advancements presented there could be relevant for us too.

Dutch , I never say they will announce something big for us or whatever, but they will sum up the last 3 years progress in this area that directly concern us, about hair follicle as it's crucial for skin,etc, and what are the problems to overcome before complete successful tissue engineering
    here we talk about the real cure, the thing that will really save all of us. You said 10 years, but it could be 3 5 or 20 I admit we don't know

But if I look rather on your 1/2 years pipeline, except Samumed, I don't see anything that could help me/us? I wish but no hair therapy is schedule to coming in that period

this congress will not come back before 3 years, and bioprinted skin and tissue engineering is one the best way for a real cure for us, so I think if someone go to the congress, he will clearly have an idea of the real timeline before clinical use of bioprinted skin. And successful skin need hair follicle neogenesis and good functionnement, so the hair therapy will not be far away from this achievement ( as the us army who will begin with 3D skin for their soldiers, and then for civil in skin/hair therapy) ( and also for exemple like South korea company Rokit who project to have cheap 3D bioprinted skin for mass clinical use by 2018 :

"The South Korean company, known for their line of desktop FFF/FDM 3D printers, more recently announced that they too would be entering the 3D bioprinting space. They are collaborating with the Korean Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Hanyang University, and Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM). The project, which seeks to develop an in-situ 3D bioprinter by 2018, will initially concentrate on 3D printing human skin for burn victims and those with dermatological diseases."

or also like Protect and gambler :

Through a partnership with Singapore’s Agency for Science, Technology and Research, P&G has launched the first grant in a five-year plan that will see S$60m (roughly $44m USD) go to scientific research. This allows any research institute in the country submit their proposals for a chance at developing bioprinting solutions for the multinational. And, by launching a grant competition, P&G can rely on academics already exploring the field, rather than developing their own program.

“We want to look at the possibilities of bioprinting. It’s definitely a very strong emerging area.” She adds, “We have a number of different in vitro skin models we’re working on because we are very involved in beauty care. If companies are doing innovation and interested in new tools then bioprinting should very much be on their horizon.”

Like l'Oreal , they already want to use bioprinted skin for test all the drugs, but the next step, once hair follicle functionnement will be easily solve like US army did, is to use directly bioprinted skin for clinical use

The main factor of 3D bioprinted progress and success is technologie, and nothing go as fast as technologie progress so we can have hope. This bioprinted area is recent, nothing to compare with intercytex and aderans tools and methods

“Organovo has broken new ground with 3-D bioprinting, an area that complements L'Oréal’s pioneering work in the research and application of reconstructed skin for the past 30 years,” says Balooch, in a statement. “Our partnership will not only bring about new advanced in vitro methods for evaluating product safety and performance, but the potential for where this new field of technology and research can take us is boundless.”

Another thing i saw: French Start-up Develops Unique Technology for 4D Laser Bioprinting of Living Tissue

http://www.3dbioprintingconference.c...living-tissue/

A French start-up has developed unique technology for 4D laser bioprinting of living tissue. This is a promising system for a tissue engineering market worth an estimated 15 billion dollars.

Poietis has pulled off an extraordinary gamble: to design living tissue – cell layer by cell layer – just like printed objects.
    “We’re developing research carried out by the laser-assisted tissue engineering unit at the INSERM/University of Bordeaux tissue bioengineering laboratory, exploiting exclusive 3D bioprinting technology,” explains Fabien Guillemot, Poietis’s CEO and CSO. His company set up in September 2014 is based in Pessac, near Bordeaux. It is developing and exploiting laser-assisted 3D bioprinting technology. Modulab – the laser printer developed by Guillemot – is protected by 3 patents based on the laser-induced forward transfer (LIFT) technique.

A laser is beamed through a transparent slide coated with an absorbent layer, enabling light energy to be converted into kinetic energy. A thin matrix layer, containing the component to be printed and a recipient substrate, is positioned a few microns away from the first slide. Laser pulses are programmed to be sent approximately every nanosecond. This generates inkjets (cell-containing mini-droplets), which are deposited layer by layer. “In this system, we control the physical ejection conditions – energy and viscosity – as well as droplet volume to around picolitre accuracy,” says Guillemot. The biological ink cartridge scans quickly, generating over 10,000 droplets a second with a resolution of 20 µm. A few minutes is enough to make a biological structure 1 cm2 and 200-300 µm thick.

with methods like this french startup, bioprinted hair germ will soon be an easy step. It will be more and more easy than current technique like tsuji lab used, etc

"Laser-Assisted Bioprinting is the Bioprinting technology that offers HIGHEST RESOLUTION. This high definition allows integrating more information, more details in the tissue, which can reproduce the complexity of biological tissues. This information relates to both the microscopic 3D positioning of tissue components (cells, components of the extracellular matrix) and the anticipation of their evolution in time (“the fourth” dimension) up to the emergence of forms and special functions."

We are also open to discuss any kind of collaboration with Academics for the development of any type of 3D tissue model.

Do not hesitate to contact us to discuss the possibility of a collaboration to the development of functional and biologically relevant 3D tissue models.

Custom-made tissues for clinical applications
    Poietis will address the market of regenerative medicine and will propose a custom manufacturing service to the growing needs of tissue transplants such as skin and cornea. The aim will be to produce autologous custom grafts through bioprinting services, and answer the many unmet needs of patients and the medical community, in quantity but also in quality of tissues.

A 3D printer that can use a patient's own cells to print skin grafts, including hair follicles and sweat glands, has won a scientific design competition.
    http://www.computerworld.com/article...nd-others.html
    While still in pilot mode, the PrintAlive Bioprinter is in the process of being commercialized by MaRS Innovations in collaboration with the Innovations and Partnerships Office (IPO) of the University of Toronto, whose labs have filed two patents on the device.

until now no one has demonstrated a simple and scalable one-step process to go from microns to centimeters."

Along with producing skin cells, the machine can also produce hair follicles, sweat glands and other human skin complexities, "providing an on-demand skin graft for burn victims," the university stated.

Because the machine uses the patient's own cells, which are grown in a petri dish and then printed to form a bandage, it "would completely eliminate immunologic rejection
    "In this case, when we put the cells in the right places, we create cellular organization quite naturally

The university researchers are working with a burn unit at Toronto's Sunnybrook Hospital. "

So apparently they can do hair follicle with fibroblasts and keratinocytes cells culture followed by bioprinting.
    It begin for burns victims (like us army skin grafts), but a hair solution with these technics could be the next step in a few years

technology insane progress especially in this area will save us! If you doubt, have look on Google of all the breaktrought progress in 3D bioprinting just this last year. it's quite unreal. and it will be even more unreal in 2016, 2017, etc.. imagine the bioprinting technology in 2018, it will be extremly different that the technology we have nowadays. The difference will be even larger than the difference between bioprinting technology of 2011 and bio tech of 2014

When you think that they already able to make hair follicles, the real total cure for us will not be that far away. thanks to japan approval system, otherwise we would talk more about 10/15 years

hey Lacazette. Do you know which company? I wouldn't mind emailing them as both HF and skin grafts are both quite important to me.

Edit: Just seen the link, no worries haha. It's been a busy day :')

Interesting stuff man thanks for posting.